Everytime they decide to nerf a character you've been using this is what you have to look forward to

1. All the gear you worked for is now wasted.
2. All the ability materials used are wasted
3. All the training droids are wasted
4. All the credits used are wasted

Weeks worth of your best items used on a character that will be unplayable. This is a serious flaw in the game. I don't even want to play this stupid game anymore.

Replies

• Barris is far from unplayable. Grow up.
  • Welcome to gaming. When I played Warframe, it happened all the time. Devs have to balance the game and toons as best as possible.... If that means a favorite toon gets nerfed, it sucks but happens. It's a big reason why I will never spend money on character packs....they are vastly overpriced in my opinion(except Dooku), and you never know when those toons will be nerfed, or become obsolete with the next wave of toons.
  • The problem with Bariss isn't the nerf. It's the difficulty in farming her to 7. A 4 star character shouldn't be in a lineup with a bunch of 6-7 star toons. At 7 stars, I can't imagine pulling Bariss out of my lineup. She has like 5,000 more hp than any other character in the game. Her heal is still great, it's just better for one guy who is about to die than a general heal from JC or Lumi. Old Ben is the same. It's just incredibly difficult to get him to 7 stars. But at 7 stars, his mind trick is still a game changer.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Omg ppl still dont get bariss smh.

Bariss's equilization is a cool an uniqe feature.
    Bariss's heal is the worst.

She has some cool points like great leader ability, chance for small random heals from atk'n but her strength is (and always was) her equalization NOT her little baby sub-par heal that they just made even more insignificant lol

Plz understand a toon an word things properly otherwise players that dont know any better will learn incorrect info

MTFBWY
  • Bariss needed a bit of a nerf. Before she did what the other healers did, plus she would save that one character near death. Now she is good for saving 1 guy and sucks for healing your entire team. Seems fair to me.
  • TheVinegru wrote: »
    Bariss needed a bit of a nerf. Before she did what the other healers did, plus she would save that one character near death. Now she is good for saving 1 guy and sucks for healing your entire team. Seems fair to me.

This. Her healing capabilities are now in line with the others. As devs already stated, she was outperforming other healers before. Now she is outperforming them only in certain situations, and is otherwise not as effective. Makes sense. Still hits like a wet noodle, but that's probably more to do with her spastic health pool than her heal.
  • You forgot point 5.

5) All the progress made and rewards earned with her help, are now worthless /sarcasm.
  • Ardychun wrote: »

Weeks worth of your best items used on a character that will be unplayable. This is a serious flaw in the game. I don't even want to play this stupid game anymore.

Ya, it's quite a bit of resources for sure. Ea just need to compensate for nerfs, should they feel the need to nerf.
  • F2P 6* Consular. FeelsGoodMan
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    F2P 6* Consular. FeelsGoodMan

Yeah. I just upped my JC to 4 stars and he's definitely holding his ownafter falling behind for a bit. Glad I didn't give up on him.
  • My JC will be 6* tomorrow or the next day. At that point I will probably stop farming him because at that level ability materials don't drop enough.

Welcome to gaming.

You'll get used to it. Over time you'll develop expectation management, and know how to best use your time in future games. Nerfs and buffs (balancing) happen in almost every game. Sometimes it's NPCs getting the nerf/buff, but mostly it's players, seeing how we can make things perform in ways the Devs never expected.

I treat gaming mobile gaming as a casual thing I do in-between small breaks I have in the day, as well as rotationally after work. Once you start treating games as an "investment" where you're looking to get a Return, whether with money or time, it becomes significantly more difficult to accept the nature of balancing.

I'm not saying not to spend, but balancing will always occur, so the only thing you can control, is your expectations.

Ya, it's quite a bit of resources for sure. Ea just need to compensate for nerfs, should they feel the need to nerf.

No, nerfs and buffs are all balancing which is designed to make the game about strategy and not who bought the most powerful characters. Anything that makes the game more fun and flavoursome does not need to be compensated for.
  • You forgot point 5.

5) All the progress made and rewards earned with her help, are now worthless /sarcasm.

Yeah they are worthless because I stopped playing. Haven't done dailies in 2 days and now any motivation and fun I once had playing this game are gone.
    I don't even want to play this stupid game anymore.

Ok. Thanks for the update.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • You forgot point 5.

Lol. Nailed it.