Early game - Build for Geos?

PalpJPN
2 posts Member
Hi everyone,

I'm very early into my swgoh journey (level 42). I decided to work towards a Separatist/Geonosian team to unlock Padme down the line. I currently have:

Dooku (4*), Geo Soldier (4*), Asajj (3*), Nute Gunray/Poggle the Lesser (nearly unlocked)

-
-
-

I have two questions.

1. Will a Dooku/Nute/Geo team be enough to unlock 7* Padme down the line?
(without bots - B1/B2/IG-100)

2. Phoenix are important early game. Should I farm them simultaneously or push for a 7* Separatist team beforehand?

Thanks!

Replies

• Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Personally I would do Geos first. However, Phoenix is solid as well but no need to take them past gear 8 or 9, except maybe Ezra.
  • Sanderzas
    581 posts Member
    Nute (lead), dooku, assajj, geo spy and poggle or sun fac should be able to unlock padme 7*, but B2 will make it much easier. But with a full geo team, it will be very easy
  • Geos will get you Padme down the road. I was able to unlock Padma at 7* with a full Geo team and only Alpha at g12.

If you do decide to go full Geo, Alpha is the main focus. His leadership ability boosts the Geos substantially.
  • Sanderzas
    581 posts Member
    You don't even need G12 on the brood, I have now all my geos at G11, but I think they were not all G11 the time I unlocked padme
  • PalpJPN
    2 posts Member
    Excellent, i'll keep pushing for the geos and totally ignore Separatist bots. Sound right?

What do you think about the Phoenix Squad question? Should I go hard on Geos, or switch between Geos/Phoenix in order to create two functional teams simultaneously.
  • Sanderzas
    581 posts Member
    I think you will not be able to farm the brood alpha right away, because you have to have a higher level to unlock the last stage of cantina battles. And the best place to farm sun fac, is fleet store which is also not available for you. I would say, work for now on the team you have now (continue to farm poggle, nute, dooku, soldier and start to farm spy) and as soon as you can farm sun fac and the brood alpha start working on them. And on the places you're farming nothing (like the cantina store and the GW store once you finished poggle)you can farm phoenix.
  • Go hard for Asohka and JKA now do you have them at 7 stars when you unlock Padme
  • PalpJPN wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm very early into my swgoh journey (level 42). I decided to work towards a Separatist/Geonosian team to unlock Padme down the line. I currently have:

Dooku (4*), Geo Soldier (4*), Asajj (3*), Nute Gunray/Poggle the Lesser (nearly unlocked)

-
    -
    -

I have two questions.

1. Will a Dooku/Nute/Geo team be enough to unlock 7* Padme down the line?
    (without bots - B1/B2/IG-100)

2. Phoenix are important early game. Should I farm them simultaneously or push for a 7* Separatist team beforehand?

Thanks!

Phoenic and Seps don't have to be mutually exclusive. A 5* Thrawn and 5* R2D2 with zetas are quite usuablenin early game. 5* happens quick. What you really need to get good at quick is modding.
  • Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Nute lead is fantastic in this event. All geos works as well, you're just stuck without GBA until 85. Nute, Dooku, Asajj and two bugs will work at g10-12 range. Ideally you get a tanky Sun Fac or Magna so everyone can hide under dookus stealth.
    My two acts used: Nute L, Asajj, Jango, GG, Dooku (most were at least g10, asajj was at 12 with her zetas, Jango was 11 and GG was G12)
    Nute L, Asajj, Jango, GBA and Poggle. (only GBA was past g10, but he was R5....)
    I know that a full Geo team past g10-11 should do the trick eventually.
  • You need g12 or better Nute to get 7* Padme. I don't regret Nute and G12+ is definitely worth it in the long haul. Believe it or not Poggle-led Geos with Nute might get you 7* Padme faster. G12 Spy and put all 6E mods on him. On every attempt use spy's silent strike on Padme. It might take you 30 battles but 1 of them will result in Padme dying quick. Then immediately kill Anakin then the fish. Use Poggle's ability block on both of them to keep them a-blocked. If Anakin uses his AOE = might lose. You kill Anakin, Fish resurrects with Anakin AOEing = same.

• Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    You need g12 or better Nute to get 7* Padme. I don't regret Nute and G12+ is definitely worth it in the long haul. Believe it or not Poggle-led Geos with Nute might get you 7* Padme faster. G12 Spy and put all 6E mods on him. On every attempt use spy's silent strike on Padme. It might take you 30 battles but 1 of them will result in Padme dying quick. Then immediately kill Anakin then the fish. Use Poggle's ability block on both of them to keep them a-blocked. If Anakin uses his AOE = might lose. You kill Anakin, Fish resurrects with Anakin AOEing = same.

Neither one of my accounts has a nute that high, and I have geared the better one since the event. Does it help? yes. Necessary? No way

https://swgoh.gg/p/431528984/characters/nute-gunray G11

https://swgoh.gg/p/441457458/characters/nute-gunray G8

Nute is very good, but I tend to not find a team for him in GAC so for now I'm happy at 11
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    gba got me 7* padme easy
    Maybe End Game isn't for you