Returning Player, How Can I Be Competitive

I played this game about 3 years ago and I made a significant progress using a different account name. With lots of additions and updates to the game, how can I be competitive now that I am using a new account?

Is the game enjoyable for F2Ps?

Replies

• jonnysiniwal
    675 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    At 3 years you will never catch up free to play. Maybe you have fun. Maybe not. I Cant tell you that. But you will never be competitive without big $$$
  • Snowbird13
    460 posts Member
    It depends what you mean by competitve. You won't get to the top of squad arena ftp. Too many hyperdrive players. I have a 3.5 month old account. Top of my shard has a slkr(guy has Rey as well) and a bunch of reliced revans, padmes, and bugs.

You can get top 500 in squad, and top 50 in fleet ftp. Try to get as many stars as you can on KRU before level 60, so that when you unlock fleet arena you will have a strong fleet. Then unlock zeta challenge as soon as you can. I would go with a Phoenix crew for an arena squad. It will unlock Palpatine and thrawn for you. Also, they are great in galaxy war, which will get you more shards.
  • All of my enjoyment in this game comes from TW and GAC.

The most frustrating part of the game is the downtime in between those events and the downtime during the events. For me, those things are the game. So most of the time I have the app open, I'm not even playing the game but waiting. I'm done if this upcoming gamemode they mentioned in Q&A doesn't bring something worthy of being viewed as "doing something." That's my perspective.

I took 1.5 years off and came back. It would require hundreds of $ for me to get a team that can hang top 10 on my arena shard. I'm not even sure how interested I am in it. I can say this is pretty cool. Thanatos is bringing a creative squad and hitting top 5. That's the awesomest part of this "meta", they have achieved a legitimate diversity of teams that are competitive. Most of my top 50 are the Rey, GAS, Padme GAS, or DR Malak though. By most I mean all except Thanatos and 1 or 2 I missed.
    fad9muh6kgbl.png
    bo014227c10s.pngr0sdbpbfzb5t.png
    36ye9u7n9kvi.png

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    you will need to pick you battles.

can you be competitive, yes. can you be a top player at "your level", yes. will you be a top player in the game, not for a long time, if ever.

if you stick with your 3yo account, you will have a long road to get to top in arena.

you can focus on other game modes like GAC and TW and they will give you plenty of goals and steps to achieve as you work your way up. these 2 game modes will also allow you to play at "your level" since they have matchmaking that is based on your GP. (no its not perfect)

as for fun, if you like the game you will have fun. no one can honestly tell you if you are going to enjoy it.

if you enjoy the building of teams and developing your roster, you will likely enjoy the path.

if your focus is to solely be competitive, you will need to take a long hard look at where you go from here and make a really good plan, and be ready to switch gears as things change over time.(you may also really wan to consider starting a new account). if that is what you enjoy, then you can make the game work for you too.

the game doesn't require any investment. many many play this game for free, it just makes things take longer. but nothing in this game can't be achieved for free over time.
  • 1 of the best ways you can be competitive though if you were out for a long time is to take a guild a make it great.
    - Always win TW
    - Whip people into TB starring

Then focus on GAC for your squads.