Guild exchange

CG please add the following to the guild exchange:

The ability to give our extra character shards to other guild members, excluding raid and GET characters.
Mod donations to free up mod space

Thanks

Replies

• Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Good god no.

I would just run 10 accounts then, i dont have time for that.
  • Hahahahaha have your own guild with just your accounts
  • MasterSeedy
    5035 posts Member
    I'm not saying I support it, but "good god no"?

You would have to have the toon at 7* before the shards became "extra". If your alts are getting the important toons to 7* before your main account does, you're not a very good player, are you?
  • You don't get extra shards unless you are 7*
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    I run alts that only farm shards then. Nothing else.

And "good god no" isn't firm enough when it comes to mods
  • ymn3mh6msw83.gif
    That's Mr. Oops to you!
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    So much nope.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator

You would have to have the toon at 7* before the shards became "extra". If your alts are getting the important toons to 7* before your main account does, you're not a very good player, are you?
    Says who?

You can have your main account farm Poe and Finn, and alt can farm Hux / Sith Trooper

As soon as the main is farming Hux/Sith Trooper, alt re-farms those characters so you can get them twice as fast

You don't have to meta chase to be a good player, you have to be smart about farming your stuff

You can also start farming gear while using your alt to farm old ships or toons for you. Farm relic stuff, and let the alt farm the characters from cantina for you that aren't immediately needed
  • So a brand new account could get Raid Han instantly, if 49 others can gift them their 10 shards after a rancor sim.

They could also get ~300 GK shards on their first Tank raid.

And similarly ~ 300 Traya shards on their first HSith.

There’s 3 reasons why a shard exchange is a horrendous idea.
  • You obviously didn't read the except raid toons part or GET
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Ok so there's only 97 reasons instead of 100.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

Says who?

You can have your main account farm Poe and Finn, and alt can farm Hux / Sith Trooper

As soon as the main is farming Hux/Sith Trooper, alt re-farms those characters so you can get them twice as fast

You don't have to meta chase to be a good player, you have to be smart about farming your stuff

You can also start farming gear while using your alt to farm old ships or toons for you. Farm relic stuff, and let the alt farm the characters from cantina for you that aren't immediately needed

this is a good breakdown of how it could be abused.

the ability to farm on several levels at the same time, is just too open to abuse.
  • jman1234
    93 posts Member
    I can see issues with character shard exchange. Mods wouldn't be as bad because of how rng dependent it is, but the abuse would then be farming mods on an alt account and farming slicing materials on the main or something like that which I guess would be bad.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Any trading between characters opens up a black market and abuse. How long until youd have alts with 330 spare shards, any 20+ speed mods, any hard to farm gear that would be selling such things via 3rd party chat. I've played games that had trading before and knew of people running 100+ accounts via bots to farm specific things and trade them to their main or sell them.

I hope open trading never comes to SWGOH