Phoenix team?

Why does AhnaldT101 have you farm the Phoenix after Separatists and Padme? From what I understand, it is so you can get Palpatine, Thrawn, then R2D2 and Commander Luke. This seems like going backwards to me, going back to another ‘beginner’ team. I am completely fine with not getting those legendaries right now. Would it be a good idea for me to just skip everything with that? It seems like it will just take so much more time. Should I just move on to Revan and eventually GAS?
Here’s my account if you’re curious. I’m level 65 tomorrow. https://swgoh.gg/p/252191742/

Replies

• Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Ahnold is extremely bias toward seperatists and not exactly the first and foremost in game knowledge.
    Yes it is to get the toons you mentioned and yes you should get them first. You are a year off GAS and you're better off getting palp, thrawn, cls than just drevan.
    Build a better base, dont put more into pheonix than you have to. Build teams that do well in raids.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    You will want to acquire those Legendaries eventually, it's really a question of when.

Ahnald is an entertainer first and foremost. Do not assume that the twin suns of Tatooine shine forth from his posterior. They don't.
  • @Rath_Tarr @Its_not_a_moon @Lysandrax
    Sorry about the @ not sure if I’m supposed to do that.
    Well, I’ve already started the Sepy’s and I have to say I really like it. I do understand what you say about him being an entertainer, and not the one with the best information, I guess that’s why I wanted to change around the plan a little bit, as my goal isn’t to unlock all legendaries, just play the game, and do good and have fun.
    To me, it seems like to much more time to do the whole Phoenix thing, and if I’m going to do that, then why did I start with Separatists? What do you think about going for DRevan/JKRevan then GAS and stuff?
    Anyone got ideas?
  • Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    @Rath_Tarr @Its_not_a_moon @Lysandrax
    Sorry about the @ not sure if I’m supposed to do that.
    Well, I’ve already started the Sepy’s and I have to say I really like it. I do understand what you say about him being an entertainer, and not the one with the best information, I guess that’s why I wanted to change around the plan a little bit, as my goal isn’t to unlock all legendaries, just play the game, and do good and have fun.
    To me, it seems like to much more time to do the whole Phoenix thing, and if I’m going to do that, then why did I start with Separatists? What do you think about going for DRevan/JKRevan then GAS and stuff?
    Anyone got ideas?

Personally I think this is not that bad of a plan. Yes you will be passing on some good teams, but seps, padme, revans is a better base than palp, CLS, phoenix. It will take longer to get that first group, but I think it will be worth it
  • TioMono
    25 posts Member
    I just started recently. I'm level 72 right now and started with seps. My guild has people that started with Phoenix. I routinely get rank 400 or better in squad arena while I am seeing phoenix teams in my guild always at 3000+. I see similarly leveled Phoenix teams and I stomp them easily with my seps. I'm happy with my choice. They will also get me to GAS a bit quicker. From everything I have seen and heard Phoenix is only good for getting thrawn and palpatine. Otherwise they are not a team to strive for.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    You’re going to find that in this game there are certain teams that are necessary for awhile and then fall into obscurity. Phoenix is one of them.
    For early players they are a good arena team and are a must to unlock Thrawn at 7* who is one of the best plug and play characters in the game. Once that happens and you get deeper into the game, Phoenix as a team will become less useful only to put on defense in TW or GAC really. They also are necessary in Hoth LS TB as well so gear them accordingly for that. Once you get later in the game, characters like Ezra and Sabine will have viability in some theory craft teams too and have their uses in raids too, but that’s later.

Separatists are good end game teams for sure when it comes to PVE like TB and PVP like GAC and TW. Nute led seps are incredibly fun to play and a pain to play against. They’re also necesssry for Padme who is one of the best F2P comp teams in the game.

The words of people like Ahnald are helpful for sure and his content is enjoyable to watch alone with CubsFanHan, MobileGamer, etc.
    They have a lot of good information but their advice shouldn’t be taken as law. Take what they say into consideration but in the end do what you want to do.
  • @Jack1210 and @Its_not_a_moon I think I like this idea, although like Tiomono mentioned, I want to get GAS eventually. Does that fit in there?
    Also @TioMono said, the separatists perform very well.
  • Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    @Jack1210 and @Its_not_a_moon I think I like this idea, although like Tiomono mentioned, I want to get GAS eventually. Does that fit in there?
    Also @TioMono said, the separatists perform very well.

You could go gas before the revans, but his farm can be quite lengthy. Gotta get Ewoks to 7* to get 3p0, the sep droids (minus) gg are no breeze, and getting the ships up will take significant investment in two gr ships other than Ahsoka and Anakins
  • Old_Ben12345
    399 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    [/quote]
    @Jack1210
    You could go gas before the revans, but his farm can be quite lengthy. Gotta get Ewoks to 7* to get 3p0, the sep droids (minus) gg are no breeze, and getting the ships up will take significant investment in two gr ships other than Ahsoka and Anakins[/quote]

I think I’ll do revan after Padme then go for GAS. Should I go for JKRevan or DRevan? I like Darth Revan and his whole team a lot, but I’ve already unlocked Jolee, and almost Bastila and Zaalbar for JKR.

Thanks everyone for the help, I’ll probably go back for Phoenix and Thrawn in the future, I’m just glad I’m not making a big mistake not doing them now.
    Post edited by Old_Ben12345 on
  • I took a pretty unconventional route when I started a few years ago and didn't bother touching Phoenix for a long while. Sure Thrawn is awesome, but even back then having a Phoenix squad eating up a big chunk of your GP at low levels isn't ideal. Honestly going Separatists early is a great idea in my opinion it allows you to work on a great defensive team with Nute, an amazing all-around team (particularly early) with the Geos, and one of the best teams in the game in Padme.

You want to work towards GAS, but that requires so much including Ewoks for 3PO, a ton of ships, and more. I'd say go after one of the Revans first (JKR will give you a real nice Sith Raid team too), but I also say go after Clones too. They will allow you to dominate the Sith Raid and work well both offensively or defensively. But overall, don't be pressured to go after Phoenix and Thrawn. The game is way different than it was 2 years ago when that's what everyone did.
  • i started off a long time ago so my first team was jc, ewok, clone, chewie, and talia. right now i have a team of sidious, vader, tarkin, jc, and windu, and even tho it's not too good of a squad i can still crush most equal phoenix teams. the thing i'm just wondering is why (apart from getting thrawn) is the phoenix team so good? i've played against them a few times and i can see they have some sort of protection regen, but i still don't get what else is good about the phoenix squad. someone tell me thanks
    no longer a f2p since i bought the hyperdrive bundle
  • The phoenix squad lets you unlock thrawn and his capital ship. You can do two assault battles with them at level 75. Like previously mentioned they have a battle in the hoth TB and they can be used to unlock emperor palp. Their ships are cargo ships. If you get another cargo ship then you can do the cargo event. Basically, they're used in a lot of things in the game.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    i started an account 2 weeks ago and headed for nightsisters - currently Lv 51 and hitting Top 150 everyday.
    is also a way to goo. sure they aren't needed for any legendaries but are fun to play :)
    and Ventress, Talia, Daka and the other sister from GW Store are quite easy to farm.
  • nurm
    107 posts Member
    On my second account, I started also with Phoenix again as they can finish early the galactic war. Then I switched to geos. With a unlocked blood alpha you make a huge boost but farming the brood mother is a long way and at the end of this farming I already was overtaken by jkr, clone and Dr teams.
    Fairly said, the main use of the second account is recruiting and I only wanted to see how far it is possible to come with early geos.
  • I wonder if with the new vader rework that ahnald would change his mind and go back to starting with phoenix? Palp, vader, thrawn is going to auto seps