HSTR rewards need to be fixed

Prev1
Ravens1113
2346 posts Member
edited May 10

The current reward ladder for HSTR is waaaaay too top heavy. Before it could be rotated in guilds fairly by letting people duke it out with similar rosters, rotations on who finished top 10 etc.
However with the introduction of SLKR and the GL’s you’re faced with problems. You can’t tell people who spent money/massive farms on a GL not to use them or not participate in the raid, nor can you expect people to suffer from crucial G12+ rewards that are needed to even farm the GL’s.
The best compromise that won’t create animosity in guilds? CG needs to balance the rewards.
Currently top 3 get a gold box and red box for raid rewards. 4-10 get a red box and purple box. Why are the other 40 getting hot garbage by comparison with 11-25 a single blue box and everyone else one green?
Why not have rank 10-15 get a purple box and a blue box. 15-20 get just a purple box, 20-30 a blue box and 30 and up get a green box.

I think it’s fair, it evens out the rewards to a broader spectrum and can revitalize interest in the raid, making it worth it to even try, because if you’re in a higher end guild, there are at least 10 people with one or both GL’s
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

  • I fully agree it would be good to have rewards evened out somewhat (or just put the thing on sim, really).

    In any older guild the raid is down in a matter of 1-2 hours anyway, so to even participate you need to be one at the exact right time.
    This is reminiscent of Rancor, before sim, though not yet as fast to die...
  • Ravens1113
    2346 posts Member
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    I fully agree it would be good to have rewards evened out somewhat (or just put the thing on sim, really).

    In any older guild the raid is down in a matter of 1-2 hours anyway, so to even participate you need to be one at the exact right time.
    This is reminiscent of Rancor, before sim, though not yet as fast to die...

    My guild is downing the raid in 45 minutes. It’s nuts, and we are racking our brains trying to figure out a fair solution for the rewards.
  • ZAP
    3062 posts Member
    edited May 10
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    I fully agree it would be good to have rewards evened out somewhat (or just put the thing on sim, really).

    In any older guild the raid is down in a matter of 1-2 hours anyway, so to even participate you need to be one at the exact right time.
    This is reminiscent of Rancor, before sim, though not yet as fast to die...

    My guild is downing the raid in 45 minutes. It’s nuts, and we are racking our brains trying to figure out a fair solution for the rewards.

    While I do agree with you that the rewards need to flatten out a bit, there is a way to spread the rewards as the raid currently stands.

    I’m not going to share my guild’s process here, but I will say if you think about it you can figure out a fair way to spread the rewards if that’s what your guild wants to do.

  • I stopped doing raids all together, I just join in and get my rewards after the 24hrs, if you dont land in top 3 in HSITH, you get poo for reward, same with haat, there use to be a time where it mattered in HSITHif you got to the top 15 but then the rewards got changed
  • I stopped doing raids all together, I just join in and get my rewards after the 24hrs, if you dont land in top 3 in HSITH, you get poo for reward, same with haat, there use to be a time where it mattered in HSITHif you got to the top 15 but then the rewards got changed

    Well, this isn’t true. Top 10 in HSTR all have a chance of fully crafted g12.5 pieces. Outside top 10 the rewards are weak, but every raid we do at least one person in 4-10 gets fully crafted g12.5.

  • AlexanderG
    542 posts Member
    edited May 10
    Give rewards based on points scored, not just rank. So if you score, let's say 30 million then you get a prize tied to that bracket, irrespective of where you ranked.

    Not that I see anything changing. I think I read the developers saying there were no plans to change it. Competition within guilds is likely to be intentional and potentially fuels spending.
  • Ultra
    5855 posts Member
    I agree that the raid needs an overhaul or a sim or prize box rewards need to extend from the top 10 to top 25 or so post SLKR. Its an RNG placement when multiple players are easily clearing it and nobody wants to be kicked out of top 10 due to RNG for solo'ing the raid
  • Yes, I really wish that CG buffs the rewards for the raids. HSR during the first times was something exciting and new. Now I just do P1 manually, after this it becomes just an auto play to throw my roster just in time. Let's hope the road ahead and of course the next Version Update gives us some QOL.
  • ZAP wrote: »
    While I do agree with you that the rewards need to flatten out a bit, there is a way to spread the rewards as the raid currently stands.

    I’m not going to share my guild’s process here, but I will say if you think about it you can figure out a fair way to spread the rewards if that’s what your guild wants to do.

    Yes, you could create some sort of rotation system, but would be a pain to uphold and make it much more time intensive to clear the raid if everyone had to stay at specific scores for a rotation.
    My point is that while there are possible workarounds, the base problem at this point is that everyone in the guild can place top, it just depends on who are able to be online when it goes live.

    When raids are no longer any sort of effort to clear, might as well make them simmable and deal out equal rewards...
  • Morgoth01 wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    While I do agree with you that the rewards need to flatten out a bit, there is a way to spread the rewards as the raid currently stands.

    I’m not going to share my guild’s process here, but I will say if you think about it you can figure out a fair way to spread the rewards if that’s what your guild wants to do.

    Yes, you could create some sort of rotation system, but would be a pain to uphold and make it much more time intensive to clear the raid if everyone had to stay at specific scores for a rotation.
    My point is that while there are possible workarounds, the base problem at this point is that everyone in the guild can place top, it just depends on who are able to be online when it goes live.

    When raids are no longer any sort of effort to clear, might as well make them simmable and deal out equal rewards...

    You don’t have to have a rotation or specific scores. You can do something like designate 1 person to do the solo, rotating who that is, and the other 49 people get randomly assigned their rank via tiebreaker.
  • Gifafi
    4495 posts Member
    Sim will come after GL’s get paid off for a while imo
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ravens1113
    2346 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Sim will come after GL’s get paid off for a while imo

    Once the sim comes how will the rewards be?
    In my opinion the Rancor sim rewards are still very fair. Given the frequency of the raid and the rewards themselves I don’t mind it at all.

    When HAAT and HSTR become simmable what are the rewards going to be? Like the top 3? The top 10? Outside of top 10 rewards in HSTR are absolute garbage so what’s their solution there for that? Until then it would benefit so many people to make the rewards better.

    These were my rewards last night: just awful

    jn77sf2g16on.png
  • TVF
    23383 posts Member
    Tank Sim should be coming.

    Sith sim is a long, long way off.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    23383 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Sim will come after GL’s get paid off for a while imo

    Once the sim comes how will the rewards be?
    In my opinion the Rancor sim rewards are still very fair. Given the frequency of the raid and the rewards themselves I don’t mind it at all.

    When HAAT and HSTR become simmable what are the rewards going to be? Like the top 3? The top 10? Outside of top 10 rewards in HSTR are absolute garbage so what’s their solution there for that? Until then it would benefit so many people to make the rewards better.

    These were my rewards last night: just awful

    jn77sf2g16on.png

    That's the bottom half though.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ravens1113
    2346 posts Member
    The only worthwhile salvage were the mk 7 shield generators. The quality and amount were great. The Mk XI’s are hardly needed and would be better served giving other salvage. 2 or 3 of the G12 gear....come on that’s just trash.
  • TVF
    23383 posts Member
    That's the bottom half though.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Legend91
    1238 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    That's the bottom half though.

    Relevance?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Ravens1113
    2346 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Sim will come after GL’s get paid off for a while imo

    Once the sim comes how will the rewards be?
    In my opinion the Rancor sim rewards are still very fair. Given the frequency of the raid and the rewards themselves I don’t mind it at all.

    When HAAT and HSTR become simmable what are the rewards going to be? Like the top 3? The top 10? Outside of top 10 rewards in HSTR are absolute garbage so what’s their solution there for that? Until then it would benefit so many people to make the rewards better.

    These were my rewards last night: just awful

    jn77sf2g16on.png

    That's the bottom half though.

    The bottom half of the ranks? Umm do you even math? And if the reward screen that’s the main rewards. There’s the two G12+ pieces which are the usual, 15 of one salvage and 20 of another. Never a full G12+ craft. Then there’s the credits and the guild currency. The main issue is the bad rewards overall
  • Ravens1113
    2346 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    That's the bottom half though.

    I’ll cut to the chase, do you think the rewards outside of top 10 are fair for HSTR?
  • TVF
    23383 posts Member
    edited May 10
    .
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    23383 posts Member
    edited May 10
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Sim will come after GL’s get paid off for a while imo

    Once the sim comes how will the rewards be?
    In my opinion the Rancor sim rewards are still very fair. Given the frequency of the raid and the rewards themselves I don’t mind it at all.

    When HAAT and HSTR become simmable what are the rewards going to be? Like the top 3? The top 10? Outside of top 10 rewards in HSTR are absolute garbage so what’s their solution there for that? Until then it would benefit so many people to make the rewards better.

    These were my rewards last night: just awful

    jn77sf2g16on.png

    That's the bottom half though.

    The bottom half of the ranks? Umm do you even math? And if the reward screen that’s the main rewards. There’s the two G12+ pieces which are the usual, 15 of one salvage and 20 of another. Never a full G12+ craft. Then there’s the credits and the guild currency. The main issue is the bad rewards overall

    Is what you showed all the G12 gear you get outside the top ten?
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    23383 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    That's the bottom half though.

    Relevance?

    Showing all the rewards would have been relevant.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ravens1113
    2346 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Sim will come after GL’s get paid off for a while imo

    Once the sim comes how will the rewards be?
    In my opinion the Rancor sim rewards are still very fair. Given the frequency of the raid and the rewards themselves I don’t mind it at all.

    When HAAT and HSTR become simmable what are the rewards going to be? Like the top 3? The top 10? Outside of top 10 rewards in HSTR are absolute garbage so what’s their solution there for that? Until then it would benefit so many people to make the rewards better.

    These were my rewards last night: just awful

    jn77sf2g16on.png

    That's the bottom half though.

    The bottom half of the ranks? Umm do you even math? And if the reward screen that’s the main rewards. There’s the two G12+ pieces which are the usual, 15 of one salvage and 20 of another. Never a full G12+ craft. Then there’s the credits and the guild currency. The main issue is the bad rewards overall

    Is what you showed all the G12 gear you get outside the top ten?

    Like I said, yes. The only gear missing were the G12+ salvage which reward 15 and 20 salvage respectively and is RNG which one you get and is impossible to get a full craft. The amount of that salvage isn’t the issue. It’s the fact of zero chance of a full craft of G12+ as well as the remaining rewards being junk.
  • TVF
    23383 posts Member
    edited May 10
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Sim will come after GL’s get paid off for a while imo

    Once the sim comes how will the rewards be?
    In my opinion the Rancor sim rewards are still very fair. Given the frequency of the raid and the rewards themselves I don’t mind it at all.

    When HAAT and HSTR become simmable what are the rewards going to be? Like the top 3? The top 10? Outside of top 10 rewards in HSTR are absolute garbage so what’s their solution there for that? Until then it would benefit so many people to make the rewards better.

    These were my rewards last night: just awful

    jn77sf2g16on.png

    That's the bottom half though.

    The bottom half of the ranks? Umm do you even math? And if the reward screen that’s the main rewards. There’s the two G12+ pieces which are the usual, 15 of one salvage and 20 of another. Never a full G12+ craft. Then there’s the credits and the guild currency. The main issue is the bad rewards overall

    Is what you showed all the G12 gear you get outside the top ten?

    Like I said, yes. The only gear missing were the G12+ salvage which reward 15 and 20 salvage respectively

    G12+ is still G12 gear, which was my point. You didn't show it.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ravens1113
    2346 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    That's the bottom half though.

    Relevance?

    Showing all the rewards would have been relevant.

    Again, the ONLY thing missing is the G12+ salavge. What you saw was the problem gear, and the fact you can’t get G12+ full crafts.
    So my question again as you attempt to derail another thread, do you think the current reward structure is fair?
  • TVF
    23383 posts Member
    The G12+ gear is the most relevant gear for the raid.

    But sure, they should open it up a little.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lol, here's my guild having completed our first ever HSTR 2 days ago and you people are complaining about the rewards.
Sign In or Register to comment.