HSTR rewards need to be fixed

2Next

Replies

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Lol, here's my guild having completed our first ever HSTR 2 days ago and you people are complaining about the rewards.

I mean, it's been around for a very long time now...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    That's the bottom half though.

Relevance?

Showing all the rewards would have been relevant.

Ah yes, because showing the rest of the crap rewards is clearly needed and we absolutely have no idea that they're bad outside of top 10 even though we already did the thing countless of times.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Sim will come after GL’s get paid off for a while imo

Once the sim comes how will the rewards be?
    In my opinion the Rancor sim rewards are still very fair. Given the frequency of the raid and the rewards themselves I don’t mind it at all.

When HAAT and HSTR become simmable what are the rewards going to be? Like the top 3? The top 10? Outside of top 10 rewards in HSTR are absolute garbage so what’s their solution there for that? Until then it would benefit so many people to make the rewards better.

These were my rewards last night: just awful

jn77sf2g16on.png

The bottom half of the ranks? Umm do you even math? And if the reward screen that’s the main rewards. There’s the two G12+ pieces which are the usual, 15 of one salvage and 20 of another. Never a full G12+ craft. Then there’s the credits and the guild currency. The main issue is the bad rewards overall

Is what you showed all the G12 gear you get outside the top ten?

Like I said, yes. The only gear missing were the G12+ salvage which reward 15 and 20 salvage respectively

G12+ is still G12 gear, which was my point. You didn't show it.

G12+ gear is G12+ gear

Just as CG stated there are 3 stages of G12 gear. There’s the G12 gear which were the first 3 slots unlocked when G12 was released. Then the g12+ gear. Then G12 finishers. There are different groupings of G12 gear. No?

Ok, so you agree that the rewards need to be opened up more. That’s the main point of the thread. People beyond rank 10 should get full craft chances, just like the other raids offer. They should get more salavge for the gear pieces listed and shown above outside the G12+.
    Don’t forget when the raid was introduced G12 base gear was the main rewards with far more salvage, and full crafts.

Which actually, and forgive me if this gets long winded, why are we having rewards that are big parts of HAAT like the MkXI’s, Mk6 thermals and Mk10 holo lenses, bleeding into the HSTR rewards? Those should be replaced with more G12 base gear.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

Relevance?

Ah yes, because showing the rest of the crap rewards is clearly needed and we absolutely have no idea that they're bad outside of top 10 even though we already did the thing countless of times.

G12+ is crap?

Ok.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Lol, here's my guild having completed our first ever HSTR 2 days ago and you people are complaining about the rewards.

So then you have no idea how the rewards were actually pretty good for HSTR before they nerfed the hell out of them and called it a “fix”. Here’s the history I could find and the links

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/165064/dev-blog-sith-triumvirate-raid-rewards-4-2-18#latest

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/166122/update-to-raid-reward-changes-4-11-18#latest

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/166257/follow-up-update-on-sith-raid-rewards-4-12-18#latest

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/166363/end-of-week-raid-reward-update-4-13-18#latest

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/166824/sith-raid-reward-rollback-4-17-18#latest

And finally....

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/173286/g12-and-heroic-raid-reward-changes#latest

That’s the history as I personally saw relevant. The issue is not in the amount of G12+salvage given. The problem is you have zero chance for any full G12+ or G12 full craft and get next to nothing as far as other gear goes. That’s the problem, and this was June of 2018. Since then? Nothing, regardless of the tons of feedback
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member

Relevance?

G12+ is crap?

Ok.

Still talking about the rewards as a WHOLE which are crap compared to the top 10 ones but you can keep focusing on a screenshot not showing some g12 salvage just to dodge the main question of the topic, idc.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

Relevance?

G12+ is crap?

Ok.

Still talking about the rewards as a WHOLE which are crap compared to the top 10 ones but you can keep focusing on a screenshot not showing some g12 salvage just to dodge the main question of the topic, idc.

I already answered the main topic. It's not my fault OP posted a misleading screenshot.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Relevance?

G12+ is crap?

Ok.

I already answered the main topic. It's not my fault OP posted a misleading screenshot.

Wasn’t misleading. Those are bad rewards in the pool. But even when you contribute to a post to some degree (agreeing that the rewards need to be changed) you still deflect and derail. Bravo
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    While I do agree with you that the rewards need to flatten out a bit, there is a way to spread the rewards as the raid currently stands.

I’m not going to share my guild’s process here, but I will say if you think about it you can figure out a fair way to spread the rewards if that’s what your guild wants to do.

Yes, you could create some sort of rotation system, but would be a pain to uphold and make it much more time intensive to clear the raid if everyone had to stay at specific scores for a rotation.
    My point is that while there are possible workarounds, the base problem at this point is that everyone in the guild can place top, it just depends on who are able to be online when it goes live.

When raids are no longer any sort of effort to clear, might as well make them simmable and deal out equal rewards...

My guild has a pretty good system pre GLs, not sure if it will change with GLs, but our officers keep it running fairly smoothly and fair.

My point is, if making your guild stronger as a whole rather than a few people at the top then there are ways to do it.

I agree the rewards should be a bit better outside top 10, but unless and until they change them, you’ve got to work within the reward system as it stands now.

Which is the main point. My guild is doing their best to make it fair but to tell people that spent and worked at these toons they can’t use or participate in a raid is just as unfair. The thing to make it better is CG doing the right thing and making rewards outside of top 10 better
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    I don't think there's anything players can do. CG knows what they set up, similar to the HAAT rewards, and I don't see them changing it based on feedback (which has been around as long as the raid has been).
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    I don't think there's anything players can do. CG knows what they set up, similar to the HAAT rewards, and I don't see them changing it based on feedback (which has been around as long as the raid has been).

Exactly. In June 2018 they said there would be close observation of feedback and player experience but....you know how that always go. Oh well, can’t hurt to keep a new convo going about old issues so maybe on the off chance they see it, they’ll do something, for once.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    While I do agree with you that the rewards need to flatten out a bit, there is a way to spread the rewards as the raid currently stands.

I’m not going to share my guild’s process here, but I will say if you think about it you can figure out a fair way to spread the rewards if that’s what your guild wants to do.

Yes, you could create some sort of rotation system, but would be a pain to uphold and make it much more time intensive to clear the raid if everyone had to stay at specific scores for a rotation.
    My point is that while there are possible workarounds, the base problem at this point is that everyone in the guild can place top, it just depends on who are able to be online when it goes live.

When raids are no longer any sort of effort to clear, might as well make them simmable and deal out equal rewards...

My guild has a pretty good system pre GLs, not sure if it will change with GLs, but our officers keep it running fairly smoothly and fair.

My point is, if making your guild stronger as a whole rather than a few people at the top then there are ways to do it.

I agree the rewards should be a bit better outside top 10, but unless and until they change them, you’ve got to work within the reward system as it stands now.

Which is the main point. My guild is doing their best to make it fair but to tell people that spent and worked at these toons they can’t use or participate in a raid is just as unfair. The thing to make it better is CG doing the right thing and making rewards outside of top 10 better

Yeah, not sure the best way to get CG to change it, maybe spam every Q&A with this request?

I do....lmao. None of my questions ever make it through lol
  • I think a way to balance the rewards slightly would be to give a fully crafted g12.5 piece to anyone in top 3, high chance from top 4 to 15 and a chance for anyone from 16 to 40... anyone below 40 gets the regular rewards, just to discourage free loaders
  • TVF wrote: »
    Tank Sim should be coming.

Sith sim is a long, long way off.

Anecdotal
  • Hate to say it, but I had to leave a really good guild for a lower GP guild in hopes of scoring higher in HSTR.
    As a complete F2P, I rely on raid rewards to build up toons, and with no way into the top 3(scores were anywhere from 50 mil to 110 mil in hSTR) I had to bolt.
    Once I saw a second SLKR unlocked, it was time for me to leave as the GL's are making mince meat of hSTR(even more so than ST/GAS/501, although they can still do the 50 mil damage when high relic levels are in play)

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    G12 has never been more accessible though thanks to fleet table and shard shop. It was worse when the raid launched.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    G12 has never been more accessible though thanks to fleet table and shard shop. It was worse when the raid launched.

The drop rate on fleets is not good at all though. It’s something around 20%.

The shard shop is nice but it’s high priced for G12+ and random. Not to mention the currency is needed for other gear bottlenecks too, but that’s irrelevant to the quality of the raid rewards outside the top 10
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member

Relevance?

G12+ is crap?

Ok.

Wasn’t misleading. Those are bad rewards in the pool. But even when you contribute to a post to some degree (agreeing that the rewards need to be changed) you still deflect and derail. Bravo

To find gold you pan in the dirt.

Point being, you'll get some stuff you need and some stuff thats just plain trash. They aren't only going to give you good stuff.
  • LordDirt
    4985 posts Member
    The current reward ladder for HSTR is waaaaay too top heavy. Before it could be rotated in guilds fairly by letting people duke it out with similar rosters, rotations on who finished top 10 etc.
    However with the introduction of SLKR and the GL’s you’re faced with problems. You can’t tell people who spent money/massive farms on a GL not to use them or not participate in the raid, nor can you expect people to suffer from crucial G12+ rewards that are needed to even farm the GL’s.
    The best compromise that won’t create animosity in guilds? CG needs to balance the rewards.
    Currently top 3 get a gold box and red box for raid rewards. 4-10 get a red box and purple box. Why are the other 40 getting hot garbage by comparison with 11-25 a single blue box and everyone else one green?
    Why not have rank 10-15 get a purple box and a blue box. 15-20 get just a purple box, 20-30 a blue box and 30 and up get a green box.

I think it’s fair, it evens out the rewards to a broader spectrum and can revitalize interest in the raid, making it worth it to even try, because if you’re in a higher end guild, there are at least 10 people with one or both GL’s

So people at the top for months are now angry others passed them and now want better rewards for the middle ranks? Too funny!!
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • I think it's time for those with GL in your guild to move to something better ,your holding them back lol
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    The current reward ladder for HSTR is waaaaay too top heavy. Before it could be rotated in guilds fairly by letting people duke it out with similar rosters, rotations on who finished top 10 etc.
    However with the introduction of SLKR and the GL’s you’re faced with problems. You can’t tell people who spent money/massive farms on a GL not to use them or not participate in the raid, nor can you expect people to suffer from crucial G12+ rewards that are needed to even farm the GL’s.
    The best compromise that won’t create animosity in guilds? CG needs to balance the rewards.
    Currently top 3 get a gold box and red box for raid rewards. 4-10 get a red box and purple box. Why are the other 40 getting hot garbage by comparison with 11-25 a single blue box and everyone else one green?
    Why not have rank 10-15 get a purple box and a blue box. 15-20 get just a purple box, 20-30 a blue box and 30 and up get a green box.

I think it’s fair, it evens out the rewards to a broader spectrum and can revitalize interest in the raid, making it worth it to even try, because if you’re in a higher end guild, there are at least 10 people with one or both GL’s

So people at the top for months are now angry others passed them and now want better rewards for the middle ranks? Too funny!!

Or it’s been trash for awhile, I’ve been rotating with my guild and we’ve been having healthy competition to swap ranks each raid and have fun. The GL’s just exacerbated the bad reward issue. But sure, make assumptions
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »

Relevance?

G12+ is crap?

Ok.

To find gold you pan in the dirt.

Point being, you'll get some stuff you need and some stuff thats just plain trash. They aren't only going to give you good stuff.

Except for rank 11 and below there’s no gold to be found
  • Too expensive
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited May 2020

The drop rate on fleets is not good at all though. It’s something around 20%.

No different than other gear, however there are way fewer fleet farms. Long time players should be done with those by now and can do 100% g12/g12+ farming from there.
    The shard shop is nice but it’s high priced for G12+ and random. Not to mention the currency is needed for other gear bottlenecks too, but that’s irrelevant to the quality of the raid rewards outside the top 10

I have maintained a neutral shard shop inflow/outflow (10k baseline) for a very long time by buying the cheaper G12 gear and whatever sub-G12 gear I need. G12+ is more expensive but that makes sense.