Abilities and Character Power doubt

hello people.

When you upgrade an ability, does it add to Attributes as well? (one that is not direct listed on the ability)

Let me illustrate, for example:

If I upgrade a LEADER ability, will it only affect in case that Character is a leader, or will it increase some attributes as well?

Thanks

Replies

• jawa7778
    283 posts Member
    hello people.

When you upgrade an ability, does it add to Attributes as well? (one that is not direct listed on the ability)

Let me illustrate, for example:

If I upgrade a LEADER ability, will it only affect in case that Character is a leader, or will it increase some attributes as well?

Thanks
    If you upgrade a leader ability it will affect all the people who meet the requirements. Example: Under Emperor Palpatine lead, Sith and Empire allies gain 35% max health and 35% potency. If an allied character is NOT Sith or Empire, they don't gain the bonuses.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    leader abilities are only in effect when that toon is the leader.

they do not change anything else.
  • Huuum...so, for example, if I DON'T plan to use, for example, Vader as leader, it's just a waste of resources to upgrade his leader ability?
  • jawa7778
    283 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Huuum...so, for example, if I DON'T plan to use, for example, Vader as leader, it's just a waste of resources to upgrade his leader ability?

Correct, so for example Nightsisters have 4 different leaders, Mother Talzin, Ventress, Talia, and Old Daka. Generally, people only use Mother Taliz or Ventress. No one really uses Talia or Old Daka, and you probably won't either. So you wouldn't want to waste resources to upgrade their leader abilites. Same for Geos, Poggle the Lesser lead is much worse compared to Geo Brood Alpha lead, so I didn't even invest in Poggle lead.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    jawa7778 wrote: »
    Huuum...so, for example, if I DON'T plan to use, for example, Vader as leader, it's just a waste of resources to upgrade his leader ability?

Correct, so for example Nightsisters have 4 different leaders, Mother Talzin, Ventress, Talia, and Old Daka. Generally, people only use Mother Taliz or Ventress. No one really uses Talia or Old Daka, and you probably won't either. So you wouldn't want to waste resources to upgrade their leader abilites. Same for Geos, Poggle the Lesser lead is much worse compared to Geo Brood Alpha lead, so I didn't even invest in Poggle lead.

yep this.
  • Thanks man... I ve got it...
    Just another point I ve been considering...
    In Vader's case... he is also a pilot...
    Upgrading his leadership, will somehow impact in the Tie X1 power?
    It seems that everything is taken into account when it's related to pilots/ships...

• jawa7778
    283 posts Member
    Thanks man... I ve got it...
    Just another point I ve been considering...
    In Vader's case... he is also a pilot...
    Upgrading his leadership, will somehow impact in the Tie X1 power?
    It seems that everything is taken into account when it's related to pilots/ships...
    Yes, that is correct. Ability levels are factored into ship power, so upgrading his leadership would give more power to the ship. This goes for any ship. However, now this is where you do have to make a decision is whether you are willing to devote resources to a pilot to level up their ship or not. There are dozens of ships that have pilots where you may or may not want to level up their leadership ability due to the leadership being not very good. That's a difficult choice you have to make when it comes to ships.
  • I understand that Empire isn't, by far, a great faction... but...well.. there's a part of me who plays for the love of SW...and Empire is my favourite faction... Thus...I ve decided to Max them ...
    I ve reached level 85 ten days ago...( I am F2P)
    So far... Have Vader G13, R4...
    Palp, Thrawn, Tarkin and TFP at G12 (Planning to G13 Thrawn and Palp)

I ve seen that, later in the game, A Palp, Vader, Thrawn, Death Tropper, Wampa is quite a good team...(not sure if it's true)
  • jawa7778
    283 posts Member
    I understand that Empire isn't, by far, a great faction... but...well.. there's a part of me who plays for the love of SW...and Empire is my favourite faction... Thus...I ve decided to Max them ...
    I ve reached level 85 ten days ago...( I am F2P)
    So far... Have Vader G13, R4...
    Palp, Thrawn, Tarkin and TFP at G12 (Planning to G13 Thrawn and Palp)

I ve seen that, later in the game, A Palp, Vader, Thrawn, Death Tropper, Wampa is quite a good team...(not sure if it's true)
    Empire is definitely not the best, but not the worst either. A mid-tier team at best. It can hold it’s own though. As a semi-F2P myself, I can tell you that going after stuff you enjoy can be much more fun then chasing the super high end meta. I’ve been farming FO for awhile because I like FO.