What happened to the New Raid/Game Mode theory

Just wanted to share my theory about what was and what is coming to goh.

Last yeah we heard that a new raid was in the works. I believe the exact word they used were '... in the ideation phase.' A lot of people took this to mean that a new raid was being worked on, whereas it sounds to me more like a new raid was discussed in the canteen occasionally but not a single line of code was written.

This seems more likely since they stopped whatever they were doing on it. If you've already started development, stopping is very costly. But if you've not gotten past discussing it (ideation) then there's no cost to stopping.

I'm also pretty sure they phrase was used in multiple Q&A's off the trot, which again indicates zero forward movement in the intervening time.

We were also teased with the possibility of a new game mode around the time they were hyping the GL's. Further into the GL hype, a really big thing was made over the duel system used in the GL event. It's NEW. It's EXCITING. You get the idea.

Is it just me or does anyone else think this is what our new gamemode was meant to be. You know before everybody and their dog told CG just how utterly trash the entire idea was.

I'm betting the new raid never got anywhere because while developing the GL events - they took a detour to put in the architecture to support the duel system as a new live PVP gamemode, and the GL events were to be our first introduction to it (it's obvious CG expected us to love the system from their statements during the GL hype).

If anyone has played the jurassic park pokemon go clone mobile game, the duel system is similar though not exactly the same as the PVP battles in that game.

It would explain why the galactic legends took so long to develop and release considering the repetitiveness and apparent laziness of the events.

It would explain why CG stopped whatever they were doing raid wise - i.e. a new game mode would be potentially keep people happy and maybe spending for quite a while, afterall GAC has had much more enthusiastic adoption than the sith raid or geo tb's (well the lstb at least).

It would also explain the lack of communication regarding a new game mode. They've also been quite happy handing out information about the complexities of PVP while at the same time denouncing the possibility of a PVP mode.

Bugger - sorry this is too long. Anyway that's my theory of what's been happening over at CG. What do we think? Am I overthinking or might I be onto something.