Hyperdrive Bundle and Unemployment

Hello developers,

I just want to play the game I love, but this annoying icon asking for $100 while i am unemployed is mildly infuriating.

gjnrhubrzzs2.jpg

Can I ask a favor? Can you please remove the Hyperdrive bundle icon from the home screen of veteran players? Or possibly can it go away after a minute or two? Even Youtube allows people to skip adds.

Thank you,
A day 1 player.

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    I’m petitioning my local supermarket to get rid of all sale and discount ads because I’m unemployed

Also, I’ve sent spoken to Dominos, Pizza Hut support to get rid of their deals because it’s a slap in my closed wallet

I hope they listen as much as Capital Games
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    I’m petitioning my local supermarket to get rid of all sale and discount ads because I’m unemployed

Also, I’ve sent spoken to Dominos, Pizza Hut support to get rid of their deals because it’s a slap in my closed wallet

When money is tight because you just got laid off, spending money on phone game == buying food for your family. Got it.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • TheLegionGuard
    61 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    You missed the point. Not even the same thing. Since you are obviously so intelligent, explain how this is a discount, and how is this beneficial to a veteran player?
    Post edited by TheLegionGuard on
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

When money is tight because you just got laid off, spending money on phone game == buying food for your family. Got it.

Wut
    You missed the point. Not even the same thing. Since you are obviously so intelligent, explain how this is a discount?

It’s not a product for sale?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36593 posts Member
    Explain how a company should not advertise because some people are unemployed.

To Mom's point, have you called other companies and asked them to stop advertising as well?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I appreciate your opinion fellas. Your viewpoint is no doubt very different than someone recently unemployed.

Frankly I hope the hyper drive bundle stays around... just not on the home screen indefinitely. It has been there over 5 months now. Who likes to be advertised the same thing everyday for over 5 months straight?

It is definitely beneficial to new players. For a veteran play, not so much.

Just please move away from the home screen.
  • jawa7778
    283 posts Member
    I appreciate your opinion fellas. Your viewpoint is no doubt very different than someone recently unemployed.

Frankly I hope the hyper drive bundle stays around... just not on the home screen indefinitely. It has been there over 5 months now. Who likes to be advertised the same thing everyday for over 5 months straight?

I agree. Perhaps after a player naturally reaches level 85 the icon is removed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    jawa7778 wrote: »
    I appreciate your opinion fellas. Your viewpoint is no doubt very different than someone recently unemployed.

Players who are not new to the game have purchased this package. There is a lot of gear in there. I'm not saying its a deal or anything like that but it by no means has been limited to "new players"
  • Kyno wrote: »

Players who are not new to the game have purchased this package. There is a lot of gear in there. I'm not saying its a deal or anything like that but it by no means has been limited to "new players"

I can understand your point Kyno, but by this time, if a player has seen this ad everyday for 5 months, isn't it likely that they are probably not going to buy it?

My main issue with it is that the Hyperdrive Bundle icon sometimes seems to have priority over other, more important aspects in the game, such as TW or TB icons. Hiding those game modes to advertise seems like CG would rather us buy things rather than play their game.

Keep the bundle in the store, but after several months, maybe it's time for the icon to go.
  • TVF
    36593 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

It actually is a deal even for veteran players, if you need gear.
  • TVF
    36593 posts Member

I have been unemployed in the past and I don't ever once recall thinking that companies were under an obligation to stop trying to sell me things.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

I can understand your point Kyno, but by this time, if a player has seen this ad everyday for 5 months, isn't it likely that they are probably not going to buy it?

My main issue with it is that the Hyperdrive Bundle icon sometimes seems to have priority over other, more important aspects in the game, such as TW or TB icons. Hiding those game modes to advertise seems like CG would rather us buy things rather than play their game.

Keep the bundle in the store, but after several months, maybe it's time for the icon to go.

I understand your point, I was replying to someone who said it should go away when you hit 85.

The Hyperdrive icon has no priority over any in game content. it does not, it correctly is the first one to drop off the screen when it fills up.
  • TVF wrote: »

I have been unemployed in the past and I don't ever once recall thinking that companies were under an obligation to stop trying to sell me things.

Where did I say they were obligated to do so?
  • TVF
    36593 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Where did I say they were obligated to do so?

Ok I never recall considering asking them to.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    When money is tight, I'm not wasting my food budget on takeout.
    Still not a he.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator

Like all ads, you don't have to spend on whatever they are advertising. If you cannot afford it, ignore it

Everyone's financial situation is unique, it is up to the player to be smart about his or her spending
  • True, but having the same advertisement in your face for 5 months?
  • True, but having the same advertisement in your face for 5 months?

Haven't fast food chains been advertising the same food for decades?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TVF
    36593 posts Member
    True, but having the same advertisement in your face for 5 months?

Have you ever watched the same show for 5 months? How about the NFL or similar sporting events? Ever notice the same commercials?
  • Yeah I get the fact that some advertisers are pervasive... Progressive Insurance, Mc Donalds, Raid Shadow legends and so on.

To be clear, I am talking about literally the SAME advertisement every day.

No, I have not watched the same tv show every day for 5 months. Nor have I watched the NFL every day for 5 months. Even then the advertisements vary greatly. SWGOH is the only media in my life that can claim my attention span for the past several years.

Dont get me wrong, I love the game. Its super weird to me that I suggest a qol improvement and people attack it. Its like im arguing with the advertising department at CG or something.
  • TheLegionGuard
    61 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Ignore this comment if you saw it unedited. I am starting to get upset and apologize. Have a good day fellas.
  • Honestly OP, I just think you're being a little unreasonable. I'm currently unemployed too, it really sucks, but the world isn't going to change just so I can feel better about my situation. Companies will continue to advertise is the same way they always have, and to expect otherwise is not realistic. It doesn't make sense for CG to change an advertising model that works.
    I can't imagine I'll ever buy that bundle, but the icon doesn't bother me. It comes with the territory of a free game that has no ads for external products. They are trying to sell me something, and as others have said, I don't have to buy it. I'm not trying to attack your idea, but I don't think it's a viable QOL improvement. The degree of improvement would be minimal at best, and it would decrease CG's revenue in a way that doesn't make sense from their perspective.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    I’m truly sorry to hear about your job situation, that’s rough.

I also agree that the ad remaining on the home screen in perpetuity is annoying and it should go away at some point.

But there is no link between those 2 thoughts.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

Have you ever watched the same show for 5 months? How about the NFL or similar sporting events? Ever notice the same commercials?

Jake, from State Farm agrees.
  • TVF
    36593 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Jake, from State Farm agrees.

Sure, "Jake"