How ?

vincentlondon
4527 posts Member
edited May 2020
j3z0qorzera6.jpeg

I tried to beat 3v3 GL Rey with my whole roster but nothing worked.
I was not even able to kill Finn or Poe

Replies

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Well, yeah....
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    After the first couple of battles you weren't proving anything tbh
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    You mean to tell me that gear 5 toons didn’t win?

I get your point but 60 matches was overkill.
  • Considering you had to throw a majority 1 or 2 man teams of those 60, this proves exactly nothing other than your actual counter attempt (or two) didn't work.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    No i sent 59 teams with 3 toons and last one had 2 toons. I have video of the whole thing if anyone wants to see

Reason i had so many toons available is that i set only 3 toons in my defense
  • Ah, so you gave up before the fight and you hurt your opponents ability to get feats. cool
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • SithVicious
    1283 posts Member
    No i sent 59 teams with 3 toons and last one had 2 toons. I have video of the whole thing if anyone wants to see

x6o55pqwgjmm.jpeg
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Why did you only set 3 toons for defense
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member

If you set those 3 toons knowing what effect that would have on your opponent's score that was immensely petty of you and GAC is worse for you having done so.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Lysandrax wrote: »

If you set those 3 toons knowing what effect that would have on your opponent's score that was immensely petty of you and GAC is worse for you having done so.

You might start to see this more if people without GL's continue to get matched with people with GL's.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • wildnz
    254 posts Member
    I beat my opponents Rey , I have no GLs. Can be done. Took a bit to set up the kill run, and stuffed up my first serious attempt, but got there.f7rcam9yfprp.png
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    How ?
    By using your brain.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    wildnz wrote: »
    I beat my opponents Rey , I have no GLs. Can be done. Took a bit to set up the kill run, and stuffed up my first serious attempt, but got there.f7rcam9yfprp.png

Win the battle, lose the war is not really what GAC is about. Might be possible once more theory crafting is done but everything I've seen so far for 3v3 requires 2 battles and ripping apart 2 or 3 meta teams to accomplish.
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

You might start to see this more if people without GL's continue to get matched with people with GL's.

Yeah, already happened to me last GAC...

Dude didn't fill anything but his ships which was a 7 star negotiator. Seeing my pathetic 5 star negotiator, I think that was sending me a message..."do you like it when people set teams you can't beat"... I still cleared his. And he didn't attack at all. still... lame.
  • wildnz
    254 posts Member
    edited May 2020

Win the battle, lose the war is not really what GAC is about. Might be possible once more theory crafting is done but everything I've seen so far for 3v3 requires 2 battles and ripping apart 2 or 3 meta teams to accomplish.

I had a false start using JKR , Thrawn and GAS and left her at 100% Health and Protection and loaded TM. I was going to give up but re-started the plan , reset the TM and won using a standard Darth Revan , Malak and Badstilla. I wasted the first team , but the second "set of teams" used nothing of value and one Meta team.

I full cleared for 2404 points. Not the best but better than being stuck on the front zone. I may lose this battle but the clear will help win the Kyber war.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member

I had a false start using JKR , Thrawn and GAS and left her at 100% Health and Protection and loaded TM. I was going to give up but re-started the plan , reset the TM and won using a standard Darth Revan , Malak and Badstilla. I wasted the first team , but the second "set of teams" used nothing of value and one Meta team.

I full cleared for 2404 points. Not the best but better than being stuck on the front zone. I may lose this battle but the clear will help win the Kyber war.

What did you go at that team with 13 times if it was nothing of value?

Also, not sure that is going to work against a Rey with her ultimate ability.
  • TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    I got a non-ultimate Rey (RH Finn and Poe as well) in one shot with JKR, GAS, hoda. (I don’t quite have a GL yet, still need to finish my duels),
    definitely hurt having to use 2 good leads there though, I ended up stalling out against his Malak. But it can be done.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited May 2020

Or more people could just gitgud.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Or more people could just gitgud.

They could, but I'm guessing some see this as the path of least resistance and a perfect opportunity to get that Trapped In Carbonite title ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • You are almost correct. Actually i have already trapped in carbonite title. My next goal is to get the bronzium battler one
  • wildnz
    254 posts Member

What did you go at that team with 13 times if it was nothing of value?

Also, not sure that is going to work against a Rey with her ultimate ability.

Well Gar Saxon did a fine job if that's a clue... 182 toons in my roster, the bottom 60 have never seen a GAC before today lol.

The Ult is an interesting one - the finish team certainly didn't need 16 turns (from all toons) to take her out, so should work there as well. Worst case just send in some more of Gars lvl toons until she uses it, then go for the finish.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    OP probably didn't try Jawas, that would have worked if they were properly modded.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited May 2020

Wow, so you not only bent over backwards to screw your opponent out of feats because you're a baby who can't stand to lose, you couldn't even clear him with your entire roster?

Score one for karma.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png