TW matchmaking is too inaccurate

2Next

Replies

• Hortus
    621 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Active GP plays the only role. There is no squad based approach. The reasons the devs posted that is because they don’t have the ability / resources to address the issue, so the easiest thing they can do is pretend the issue doesn’t exist.

I hear your opinion, thank you. But what I asked is some proof. Repeating yourself and denying dev posts on the matter can hardly prove anything.
    I theorise that guilds with 35, 30, 25 people signing up are much more casual and the GP figures involved are much lower. If your guild has 35 signing up, I’m guessing the average GP is nearer 3M than 4M. And I don’t think it’s likely that a guild with average GP above that will be going into TW with only 25 signed up.

But what exactly should it change when it comes to matchmaking? Yes, our average GP is definitely much lower than GP of high-end guilds but we are talking about relative power of opponents here, not absolute. You say 5M players usually have overwhelming advantage vs 4M? That works the same way in the lower brackets. Yet this advantage somehow don't translate into power of squads which we face in TW.
    Post edited by Hortus on