Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Do better.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • SithVicious
    1283 posts Member
    Don’t join.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Do it
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Eat raspberries.
  • TAZZZOOO
    245 posts Member
    It's not necessarily bad. But if there was other areas in the game to become familiar with 3v3 matchups *cough* sandbox *cough* it might seem less alien.
  • it's a good system only that the whales of the game are not prepared to go down from their rankings :p it seems to me that as it is now it is a fair system for everyone, i think it has been enough time for those at the top to hoard resources with this is fair for everyone.
  • Totally agree......no more 3v3 GAC in the future.......
  • DadKev
    314 posts Member
    I love 3v3 GAC.
  • 3v4 is better
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    They need to do it more often honestly. It’s been like half a year since they last did it. That’s the problem. No familiarity. If only there was some kind of mode or setting for us to test such team compositions....hmmm
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    giphy.gif
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I agree. Don’t do them. This was me this morning btw. So get good doesn’t apply. I’m awesome. 3nerjl7lh5xe.jpeg
  • Agreed. I don’t care for the 3v3
  • veejayti
    168 posts Member
    I agree. Don’t do them. This was me this morning btw. So get good doesn’t apply. I’m awesome. 3nerjl7lh5xe.jpeg

The other guy didn't try, I hate those
  • veejayti
    168 posts Member
    3vs3 is terrible but there's too many people standing up for it, but I saw a whole lot less hate mail concerning regular grand arena. Some people say it's boring but it's the game you came to play, not the case with 3vs3 it's a bad mutation and now we got a whole month of it
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    1) Disagree
    2) Disagree
    3) Anecdotal
    4) Unclear
    5) Disagree
    6) True!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • veejayti wrote: »
    I agree. Don’t do them. This was me this morning btw. So get good doesn’t apply. I’m awesome. 3nerjl7lh5xe.jpeg

The other guy didn't try, I hate those

Why would he try? He can’t beat that rad score.

Actually he did try later. There was 9 hours left. He messaged me to say he couldn’t beat my Malak.
  • Denmach
    21 posts Member
    There is *always* someone better than me, certainly, every single round. I kyber a lot but I lose a few. It's the nature of the game. Bragging gets you burned. That score is ok but not omnipotent. yurz7odlovbe.jpg

3s are a change. The game isn't balanced for it. I don't enjoy them much myself, but I also see where others may kyber in 3s but fail in 5s. More variety is good in most things. While I don't personally enjoy threes as much as fives, I can understand why they do it once in a while. If you don't like it use the opportunity to get your Carbonite, Bronzium, and Chromium titles? Just a suggestion to not alienate those that love threes. The last thing we need is more people leaving the game after the gl debacle.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    Denmach wrote: »
    3s are a change. The game isn't balanced for it. I don't enjoy them much myself, but I also see where others may kyber in 3s but fail in 5s. More variety is good in most things.

I've reached Kyber in every GAC and I love 3 vs. 3. That really has nothing to do with it....better rosters are better rosters and better players are better players, no matter what the GAC format. GAC has gotten pretty boring and stale. 3 vs. 3 is a nice change of pace. I get that some people like the simplicity of 5 vs. 5 because they don't have to think and can just look at a counter list to tell them what teams to use....that doesn't make 3 vs. 3 bad though.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    On a slightly less snarky note, I understand why people get frustrated with 3v3, but it's weird how everyone is constantly clamoring for something fresh and different and then 3v3 rolls around and people are like "pUt iT bAcK tHe WaY iT wAs ReEeEEEEeeEeEeee"
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I really hope the new content delivery system is 3v3 specific just for the laughs.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I really hope the new content delivery system is 3v3 specific just for the laughs.

Yousa is a bombad poster.
  • Do it without ships.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Do it without ships.

Sorry, ships are part of the game and should always be included.
  • Scrybe
    25 posts Member
    I'm not a fan of 3v3s, personally.

However, they may as well keep it in rotation just so we have something different to do in Grand Arena.

Maybe having some zones with 3v3 squads and some zones without would help somewhat...
    Check out my content on YouTube...search for Scrybe Gaming!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    TAZZZOOO wrote: »
    It's not necessarily bad. But if there was other areas in the game to become familiar with 3v3 matchups *cough* sandbox *cough* it might seem less alien.

This. The larger issue with 3v3 is twofold:

1) The characters, factions, abilities and synergies are all designed and tested in a 5v5 environment. Sure, there are a few (very few, relative to the number of teams required for an 22 team GAC) that have decent synergy in smaller groups (Triumvirate, of course - CLS/Han Chewie, etc.) - but those are the exception.

2) There is no other area to play 3v3 so much of the time it's theorycraft on the fly and hope for good RNG. Even those teams that have "standard" counters are very RNG dependent (which is increased in smaller numbers) and also reliant on players having saved all the right combos.

CG should either expand 3v3 to be more widely used in the game - and start developing teams that synergize better in smaller groups or drop it all together.

And fix matchmaking. I've had guild members without GLs face fully maxed GLs in 3v3 GAC. That's not a fun game mode - that's a foregone conclusion.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • dsdsds
    72 posts Member
    Fixing matchmaking would be good, I am facing people with 10-20% more GP than me. With the amount of squads thats required in 3v3, it doesn't matter how they farmed, they have more 'good' squads.