Ability 3 mats?

I have been having a shortage of ability 3 mats recently. Is it because the drop rate was nerf or that it requires more ability 3 mats at higher levels? My cantina doesn't seem to drop them anymore

Replies

• Ability 3 mats are a pain to come buy,......use them wisely......, I'm finally running low on ability 2 mats...but have 40 ability 1 mats :D ..
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    The number requires increases as the level of abilities goes up. Do not automatically upgrade every character's abilities, some upgrades are much more important than others.. some are just +5% damage, others are significant like adding a new effect. Use SWGOHCantina.com as a guide.
    Even my frontliners rarely have all their abilities upgraded. I am currently sitting on around 50 tier 3 mats (and over 100 of the others). I upgrade slowly as I become more confident of who I want to use, and I keep reserves for new characters since they accumulate slowly.
    The best sources of ability mats are the ability mat challenge, GW and Cantina battles.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Thanks so much! SWGOHCantina is really useful. Yes I was silly enough to upgrade almost most of my skills immediately once I got the mats.