GAC Strategy against Top-Heavy Rosters

Yung_Hen
139 posts Member
Every so often in GAC I’ll face a team that has similar gp but their teams are more top-heavy than mine. For example, they generally have one squad (I.e, Jedi, BH, FO) that’s relic’d and zeta’d out, but after that they don’t have many good teams or very few G11-12 and zeta’d characters after their top team. I have a mostly G12+ fully zeta’d JKR team, and a similar GP Padme team, plus some decent rebels, Sith, etc. If I’m facing someone with a top-heavy roster , should my strategy be to leave weaker teams on defense and save for offense or vice versa? Or just strike a balance

Replies

• Yung_Hen wrote: »
    Every so often in GAC I’ll face a team that has similar gp but their teams are more top-heavy than mine. For example, they generally have one squad (I.e, Jedi, BH, FO) that’s relic’d and zeta’d out, but after that they don’t have many good teams or very few G11-12 and zeta’d characters after their top team. I have a mostly G12+ fully zeta’d JKR team, and a similar GP Padme team, plus some decent rebels, Sith, etc. If I’m facing someone with a top-heavy roster , should my strategy be to leave weaker teams on defense and save for offense or vice versa? Or just strike a balance

You always approach placement by asking, "What do I need to bring in case they put all of their best teams on defense?" What is left goes on D.

On rare occasions I do place my best on defense. <--- rare. Most don't do that
  • Dwinkelm
    767 posts Member
    However many total teams you set on defense, keep that many +2 of your best teams for offense (that is, if you’re setting eight teams for defense, you should save your ten best for offense).

This will help ensure you have strong cleanup squads, and then if your opponent didn’t set the stronger teams on D you still have a way to Max Banners.

It’s always better to aim to gaining maximum banners than it is to minimize your opponents’ banners. Even when outgunned, you still need to find a way to a full-clear
  • Yung_Hen
    139 posts Member
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    However many total teams you set on defense, keep that many +2 of your best teams for offense (that is, if you’re setting eight teams for defense, you should save your ten best for offense).

This will help ensure you have strong cleanup squads, and then if your opponent didn’t set the stronger teams on D you still have a way to Max Banners.

It’s always better to aim to gaining maximum banners than it is to minimize your opponents’ banners. Even when outgunned, you still need to find a way to a full-clear

I think this sounds like the best move. Last round this happened and thought my g12s could take out their 2 relic’s BH teams and didn’t clear a single territory cus they both got washed. thx for the advice