Another Pilotless Ship (are you kidding me?)

2Next

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    It’s nothing to do with personal, because I’m not a ship guy myself, and haven’t been since the Millenium falcon came out. IMO the mode is just trash now with CGs inability/unwillingness to fix all the bugs. But I can see how they continually hurt those players who want to prioritize ships and be elite there. Yes, minimizing investments for ships is a slap in the face to those fans. You don’t get to say it’s not. That’s like me trying to tell a minority that a racist comment isn’t offensive.

hqdefault.jpg

also, lol at a reb tank somehow taking the place of HT and taking over the top of arena in a rebel fleet. good luck

Looks like Rebels can now handle at least GR fleets with HT easier now

good for them! I just don't see how a released ship that everyone has access to someone "devalues" or is a lol slap in the fase when person A now has a new shiny reb ship, and person B has a new shiny reb ship plus whatever awesome ships they worked so very hard on and put all their heart and soul into. Doesn't make any sense
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    It’s nothing to do with personal, because I’m not a ship guy myself, and haven’t been since the Millenium falcon came out. IMO the mode is just trash now with CGs inability/unwillingness to fix all the bugs. But I can see how they continually hurt those players who want to prioritize ships and be elite there. Yes, minimizing investments for ships is a slap in the face to those fans. You don’t get to say it’s not. That’s like me trying to tell a minority that a racist comment isn’t offensive.

hqdefault.jpg

also, lol at a reb tank somehow taking the place of HT and taking over the top of arena in a rebel fleet. good luck

good for them! I just don't see how a released ship that everyone has access to someone "devalues" or is a lol slap in the fase when person A now has a new shiny reb ship, and person B has a new shiny reb ship plus whatever awesome ships they worked so very hard on and put all their heart and soul into. Doesn't make any sense

I’ll give you that part. It’s the part where you said lol at a rebel tank somehow taking the place of HT. It may not replace HT, but it sure makes HT trivial on the opposing team.

who uses HT vs rebels now?
  • Gifafi wrote: »

hqdefault.jpg

I’ll give you that part. It’s the part where you said lol at a rebel tank somehow taking the place of HT. It may not replace HT, but it sure makes HT trivial on the opposing team.

HT is still 72% of the Rank 1 teams...so probably quite a few.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited May 2020

hqdefault.jpg

The point isn’t who’s using HT vs rebels now, the point is that the Y-wing is an HT killer and makes rebels more viable in GAC, TW etc, which is opposed to giraffe’s LOLing

so the point is weak old rebels get a better ship than HT, but don't have to "make the investment" other players did with other ships? sure, alright. Everyone's still in the same boat, so all those people who put their life's work into ships still have all their stellar superships, plus a new one. . there aren't enough eyerolls for this argument people are trying to make itt
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

hqdefault.jpg

You misread, it was the taking over in top of arena part that was lol, not the taking the place of ht. That makes no sense, it’s literally the replacement.

hqdefault.jpg

The point isn’t who’s using HT vs rebels now, the point is that the Y-wing is an HT killer and makes rebels more viable in GAC, TW etc, which is opposed to giraffe’s LOLing

so the point is weak old rebels get a better ship than HT, but don't have to "make the investment" other players did with other ships? sure, alright. Everyone's still in the same boat, so all those people who put their life's work into ships still have all their stellar superships, plus a new one. . there aren't enough eyerolls for this argument people are trying to make itt

What is wrong with you?

Read the thread again and where I jumped in to respond to your uninformed claim that the new rebel tank was LOL.

I’m not making any “investment minimized” claims like others are, just pointing out that you’re wrong about the new ship.

If you don’t have both mal and nego, the new ship will make your GAC, TW and even TB better.

Another misread. I didn’t say the ship was lol. And of course a new good ship will improve your roster . The investment minimized claims were what I was responding to. You ok?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    That's not how this works. That's not how ANY of this works. What is wrong with you?

And no. No, this is not like telling minorities they shouldn't find something offensive. I'm a lesbian veteran who enlisted before the DADT repeal. You do not get to play that card on me.

Anything CG adds to the game will favor some players and not others. Anything at all. Anyone who is invested in the current meta will be hurt be a new and especially accessible meta. That does not make it a slap in the face. CG has not committed an offense against these players.

Ship meta has been relatively stagnant until recently. Resting on those investments is not an entitlement. Just because you (or your hypothetical example player) gets to rest on their laurels forever, and it does not mean CG has issued a slap in the face to your hypothetical example player when the ship meta finally starts moving along and they can't just use their same highly invested but mostly stagnant fleet for another year.
    Still not a he.
  • CadoaBane
    563 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    bonArt wrote: »
    Congratulations to developers! You are making game less logical and break your own rules.

Ship can't be without pilots. I understand pilotless droid ships. But fighters that must have pilot - and without pilot - it's ridiculous!

You could add clone pilot, you could open existing rebel pilot. But you decided to go wrong way. What next? Galactic legend's shards in regular battles?
    The rules change over time. It's literally CG's job to change them.

Strictly piloted ships and ships that have meh pilots who aren't particularly useful otherwise were a problem. They changed the rules to address that problem.

I like pilotless ships because that's one less pilot to gear. Just shard farm, invest a pretty small amount of ship resources, and you're good to go.

I think that’s the point of the thread though. Players can be good at ships with a much lower level of investment. For people who enjoy investing in ships, that’s a slap in the face to a group that is already constantly on the short end of the stick. A lot of you like this, because you don’t want to invest in ships. And I completely get that. But you have to realize there’s another side to that.

This! I'm going to add my experience with fleets in the game as an example to understand the above statement.
    I've always been at the top ranks in my arena from the beginning, as I highly focused on ships and pilots form the moment I could unlock them. During all the changes that were made, from ships 2.0 to adding a fleet meta when it had been mostly plug&play experimenting before, there has never been a long time without me getting my rank 1 payout. Therefore, I put less resources into my squad arena or raid teams, a decision that put me into disadvantage there for a while, but the advantage in fleets (500 crystals daily compared to the 400 in squad arena) has always been worth it to me. Others decided to not invest into pilots that wouldn't have much use anywhere else - all the better for me and the others who someday started our fleet chat, as it never got too crowded and pretty relaxed. B)
    But with more crewless ships added to the game, more people who are just lazy about gearing characters for piloting purposes, and just want to have it all for less effort, will eventually appear at the higher ranks. Mirror matches that can't be dominated anymore by higher geared pilots are pretty annoying, and will make active people drop more than before by random folks who never spent the same effort on fleets.
  • I am fairly new to the game, but it seems stupid that some ships require crew and others don’t, with the exception of droid ships. All non droid ships should require crew.
  • Whenever they add a piloted ship, you don't have to gear its pilot - You get to gear its pilot.

Without crew, there is no variation in the ships. Everyone has it at 7*, level 85 with max abilities. How do I make my ship better than yours? I can't, because there is nothing else to advance that everyone hasn't advanced already. It is way too easy to max out these ships, if there is no "expensive" pilot connected to it.

Sure, it may seem like a waste of resources to Zeta or Relic a pilot just because you want a better ship - but at least you have the option to do so, and if the opponents don't - you are and should be allowed to have an advantage. That seems fair to me.

Pilot-less ships remove this aspect of the game. It makes for less variety, and makes the game just a little dumber.

But, I can actually imagine it working to not have pilots for generic ships, with the understanding that it takes too much effort from the developers to create the actual uninteresting nameless character that pilots it... but then those ships need a way to invest zetas, relics or something comparably expensive directly into the ship so that they can become better. If that were the case, I wouldn't have such a problem with these pilot-less ships. I imagine it could be a mod system for ships, or simply an expensive max level increase that everyone can't afford for all ships. Something, anything.

Such a system could even be added on top of piloted ships, so that they too can become even better, and for global consistency, making the actual pilot less important than those ship-specific upgrades, if desirable.