Why rebel y wing and not the tie bombar first?????

Come on, I know they said the tie bomber is coming in q&a but seriously, rebels already had gotten so much love in fleet and were the top dogs for a long long time(and still are in some arena's) is empire like lost in the unknown region or something, where is like half of their fleet?
Makes empire great again capital games

Replies

• Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    giphy.gif
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• HK22
    645 posts Member
    I agree that the Empire needs some ship love like the Tie Bomber. However, lets take a moment and appreciate that we finally did get the Rebel Y-Wing which has been a much requested ship.
  • Still missing the B-Wing and A-Wing :D
  • Why start right out the gate with complaining??? Sheesh
  • They haven't even released enough ships to create a full synergy fleet for Malevolence...and we needed another rebel.
  • LordDirt
    5001 posts Member
    I will join in with you guys and ask where is my FO tank?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Jpolson43 wrote: »
    They haven't even released enough ships to create a full synergy fleet for Malevolence...and we needed another rebel.

To be fair Malevolence dosen’t even need more
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    I will join in with you guys and ask where is my FO tank?
    What FO tank?
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    They haven't even released enough ships to create a full synergy fleet for Malevolence...and we needed another rebel.

To be fair Malevolence dosen’t even need more
    Whereas Rebels may have a lot of ships but the majority of them require gearing 2 or 3 crew members and most of those crew members are weak in squad play by current standards, making them unappealing even when they were the meta.

The pilotless Y-Wing may help Rebels to stay relevant without catapulting them back to meta status. It also suggests a potential to add a similar pilotless ship to each of the other.major factions. A Tie Bomber for example.
  • Jpolson43 wrote: »

Geos, Hyena and Vulture, that' sall you need.

Hey come on, at least we have SOME Sign of life, let's not **** on that. We don't know, maybe it's the start of more ESB themed ships?
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Potato211 wrote: »

Geos, Hyena and Vulture, that' sall you need.

Hey come on, at least we have SOME Sign of life, let's not **** on that. We don't know, maybe it's the start of more ESB themed ships?

U would go that low to lower ur expectations to that lvl?? CG can do better.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    honestly,

rebels are at least viable, this ship might make them more so....to some extent.

empire doesnt' cut it against the current Negotiator or Mal lineup. 1 ship would not have changed that.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    ... and here we have empire with the most iconic ships, the biggest the baddest the most intimidating ship that terrorized the galaxy can beat absolutely nothing,
    Malevolence? First Order dreadnaught? Imperial Super Star Destroyer?
    tarkin and thrawn star destroyers are absolutely a joke in this game, oh sorry they can beat endurance
    No, just a plain old Imperial class Star Destroyer, the red shirts of the Imperial Fleet. About as accurate as a Stormtrooper and as intimidating as a flatulent Jawa.
    Also rebels have bad characters as ship pilots???? Let see what empire got to deal with here, gar saxon, super commando, royal guard, tie pilot, I would much rather have a maxed out rouge one, Phoenix, wedge or biggs over any of these characters.
    Gar Lapdog and ISC don't need high gear levels to RI and heal. Same for Royal Guard and his boss Palpatine can carry the Palpmobile, gear-wise.

Tie Pilot works fine on an Empire GAC B-squad with his boss Tarkin, his other boss Thrawn, his boss's boss Vader and his Grand Poobah, Palpy.
    Relic Phoenix can take out a relic FO team if they dont have hux and lobster man, I'm sure rouge one can pull something similar, now show me what gar saxon can do
    Who the heck relics Hera, Zeb, Kanan & Chopper?!? Ezra maybe, Sabine mayyyybe buy the rest are just dead weight in squads. And you conveniently neglect to mention that each of their ships require gearing 3 crew members.

Rogue One are a bit more useful but it takes 5 pilots for 2 ships and 3 of them need gearing to g11+ including Scariff Rebel Carbanti-hog. And the squad you end up with is mediocre at best.

And the key Rebel ship, the one which actually enables the fleet to work at a decent level is a Legendary with Legendary raid reward pilots, requiring a bunch of additional toons & ships to acquire.

So try actually powering up a full Rebel fleet sometime and then cry me a river about your poor Imperial fleet.
  • I'm thrilled w/ this ship. As stated, Rebels have nice ships, but the crew requirements are THE WORST of any faction, hell, they are worse than every other faction combined. Seriously, 3+3+3+2+2+1+1 = 17 Crew for 7 Ships. WTH.

That said, I look forward to seeing more pilotless ships.
    For the empire I'd love to see a TIE Bomber (Support/Tank), TIE Defender (Support/Tank), and TIE Interceptor.
    Either Crewless or with some new concept synergy where TIE Pilot can be used for any/all of them.

GR is solid in fleet now obviously but something like a Crewless - N1 Naboo Fighter would allow those ships to spread out over Negotiator & Endurance more. Tossing in a V-Wing (Crewless) would really balance it out at 5 each then.

Clearly a Resistance version of the Y-Wing would help that faction out a ton.
    That & that odd shuttle Leia had in TFA would bring them to 5 at least.