• Jakdnels
    786 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    BeralCator wrote: »
    botabu wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    It's all bull crap now.... there were rumors WAY back when Carrie left that they were trying to clean up the "spaghetti code", to which they adamantly denied..... now they confirm it. Unreal bunch of dummies.

or the people trying to use the term spaghetti code, dont understand what that means in terms of large programs and are shoehorning into it what they are talking about here.....

Or they flat out lied.... going with their track record, they lied. Spaghetti code, frame work..... it's all the same in the end. Why would it have killed them to come out and say that the game has grown beyond it's original framework and that they need to fix that to introduce new playable content? They KNEW this was the case last year, and it was completely evident when we all got to play the new GL battles that were a complete and utter flop. Transparency would have gone along way on this one IMO.

They stated in one of the more recent Q and As that they were working on their content delivery systems, where are you getting a lie about not working on that?

I think the promise of an action-packed quarter and "oceans of content" was a bit insincere.

fair, but that is not the same as them denying a framework issue

I can’t find the quotes, but they have denied having any problems with framework and foundation, which was clearly admitted to today.

It’s not a big deal, but I remember at the time thinking that was certainly going to get out, via leak or something and denying it would be a bad look.

Turns out they didn’t need a leaker, they just finally came out with it directly.

I found those quotes for you:

February:
    As we move through 2020, we are actively working on systems to aid in the authoring of interesting and new content. These systems take time to build, but are expected to yield a fresh, new content landscape. I know, "hold on, it's coming" can be cold comfort so I won't repeat that verbatim, but I will say, "we've heard you, we're working on it, and we think you'll like the results."

January:
    We're working on new systems which should culminate in multiple new game modes. Key goals of that initiative include giving players something challenging to do every day in Galaxy of Heroes. It's too early to go into any details beyond the goals and that we are approaching this from a foundational level rather than trying to just slap a new UI on something you've already done. Rest assured that we are working on new game modes and as soon as I can share details, I will.

Going back through October there didn't seem to be any such denial of work needed on the underlying support for the game.

Hahaha definitely not the quotes denying they had framework/structural/architecture issues.

Good attempt though

Q: Is there a framework issue that is preventing the development of new content? If so, is there an ETA on the completion of that?
    A: CG_Vyeking - I'm not aware of a 'framework issue'. Content is, however, fairly challenging for us to create for a variety of reasons that we are addressing. Some of those are process changes and the implementation of new tool sets, but, largely, the biggest lever for us over the coming year is the development of our new content feature. This feature is expected to yield multiple, varied content experiences and improve the availability and frequency of meaningful content. Our main goal for this feature is to deliver a way for our game design team to author interesting game play for players of all levels as well as use this feature to deliver a large, authentic, Star Wars content experience that we are really excited about, but can't talk about yet.
  • Jakdnels
    786 posts Member
    framework definition software: Framework. A framework, or software framework, is a platform for developing software applications. It provides a foundation on which software developers can build programs for a specific platform. ... A framework may also include code libraries, a compiler, and other programs used in the software development process
  • Jakdnels
    786 posts Member
    We know you are eager for new game modes and features, but in order to do so it's important that we spend time improving the foundation of the game.
  • Oh finally, they're releasing the Rebel Y-Wing. Probably going to be fun
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    That specifically talks about an issue with the framework and they denied that

They admitted on improving (or extending?) the framework, meaning no issues with what is already there, but improving by adding stuff to it
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Not being mean but is OP delusional? SWGOH is a product, just like any product out there.

Let's say for example you brought a watch. There is an issue with the watch and they patch it but still not functional, would u not ask more questions?

And now it has been delayed for 6 months, is it wrong to be upset? Worse of all they know our feedback, yet they remained silent.

Yea I agrees sometimes this forum is v salty. But for this road ahead I'm totally fine with being salty.
  • Oh finally, they're releasing the Rebel Y-Wing. Probably going to be fun

Well, hopefully...
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Looooki wrote: »
    Not being mean but is OP delusional? SWGOH is a product, just like any product out there.

Let's say for example you brought a watch. There is an issue with the watch and they patch it but still not functional, would u not ask more questions?

And now it has been delayed for 6 months, is it wrong to be upset? Worse of all they know our feedback, yet they remained silent.

Yea I agrees sometimes this forum is v salty. But for this road ahead I'm totally fine with being salty.

Did you actually read the OP post?
  • Man, I can't wait until June.
    (If you know the joke j respect you)
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Obviously I want all this new stuff to be great and engaging. I’ve been playing for over 4 years and spent more time and money here than in some relationships. My zeta ability of wait and see has kept going for a long time now.

I am a little more than skeptical though. CG is notorious for not delivering big and new content on time. Also just some past promises that have fluttered into the ether- Kyros to ease gear crunch.
    Months and months of them saying something is coming and it wasn’t. Helping brand new players- besides just the pack. HAAT simmable. Officer tools. The GLs are a big grind which is fine but the req toons still being dated and old is a little tough. Especially considering some of the best work cg has done are the reworks and touch ups over the last year or so.

We all will just wait and see for more word in June. It would be pretty funny if the toon is Jedi Luke and people see it as the harbinger of the game dying lol
  • DK_Raid_Violator
    241 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    giphy.gif
  • The road ahead:

2d5c51jik4wf.gif

It's just what I feel at this point 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
  • dsdsds
    72 posts Member
    Why are CG being so weak?? give us information not packs
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    I think all of this talk of a “tool to generate content” is very confusing to some.
    I’m not a software guy, and I will freely admit that this talk is gibberish to me. I have a feeling that I’m not alone here.

Perhaps if they could explain it a bit better, maybe with some examples of how it will help, what the past year COULD have looked like if they had this tool in place then, etc.

Some sort of context as to what we are waiting for and how it will improve the game might help.
  • Moonside
    19 posts Member
    dsdsds wrote: »
    Why are CG being so weak?? give us information not packs

I suspect that CG management is doing this quite deliberately... ios refund request period is 90 days. I think that management is prolonging the reveal (or any hint of an announcement) because they are mitigating the potential liability of money spent during the #playandstay.

If players are spending while either being minors or their parents have little disposable income (unemployment in the US at 15% c/w 20million jobs lost)....you fill in the rest.

CG is not weak. Unfortunately, they are the corporate lap dogs for EA. They are capitalizing on stay and play with the sheer number of packs available. I believe this is the real reason they are delaying.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Let try to keep this civil.

how do you want us to stay civilized if the CG developers haven't given us anything new since November pure characters or events that ask for g13 nothing we can all play. we do not say that we want the content at this moment we say that we want to know what that content will be because the point of a road ahead is that giving us a preview of what is coming is all we want.

being civil is actually quite easy, and on top of that you can discuss all these things. its actually the best way to get anything done.

I would insist that it is absurd to have an inability to remain civil in the face of lack of communication. Lack of communication is a problem. An inability to remain civil is a problem with yourself
  • Monel wrote: »
    It's all bull crap now.... there were rumors WAY back when Carrie left that they were trying to clean up the "spaghetti code", to which they adamantly denied..... now they confirm it. Unreal bunch of dummies.

or the people trying to use the term spaghetti code, dont understand what that means in terms of large programs and are shoehorning into it what they are talking about here.....

Or they flat out lied.... going with their track record, they lied. Spaghetti code, frame work..... it's all the same in the end. Why would it have killed them to come out and say that the game has grown beyond it's original framework and that they need to fix that to introduce new playable content? They KNEW this was the case last year, and it was completely evident when we all got to play the new GL battles that were a complete and utter flop. Transparency would have gone along way on this one IMO.

Yeah but let's be fair, Tabasco on frame work just isn't as good as it is on spaghetti

I love Tabasco
  • raybron99
    129 posts Member
    6 months of nothing. NOTHING CG. Overpriced characters that no one wanted and barely anyone can use. And now we cant even get studio communication on time. Why not just tell us what you're doing and then not release it yet? Because no doubt once you useless knobs tell us what it is, you'll delay the release for 3 months anyway. Seriously. Foxnext are gods compared to you. Weekly updates regardless of what is going on in the game. Compensation for delays and issues, live PVP and actually listening to the community. Watch and learn

Since there is nothing to do here, I went and tried that game. Spent a ton, and I can't even believe how good the communication is there. Night and day compared to here.

• raybron99
    129 posts Member
    Let try to keep this civil.

I do not envy you for the next few months :)
  • raybron99
    129 posts Member
    2019 is looking like an ocean of content compared to 2020. There’s dropping the ball, then there’s lighting it on fire and kicking it off a cliff.

People forget that the first half of 2019 was good-to-excellent. Darth Revan, Padme, and Malak events were challenging but accessible. Geo DS TB is fun and well-balanced. Separatist reworks were interesting and and continue to be relevant. Grand Arena Championships is the game mode keeping this thing alive.

Everything after Carrie left has seemed half-baked, rushed, lazy, or just completely out-of-touch.

Thats part of the current problem. 2018, and the start of 2019 were so good, that it left a lot of us head scratching for the back end of 2019. Then they came out in Q4 and said well don't worry, we will make it up with a great 2020. 2020 has managed to somehow be worse than the bad of 2019.
  • ZAP wrote: »

They stated in one of the more recent Q and As that they were working on their content delivery systems, where are you getting a lie about not working on that?

I think the promise of an action-packed quarter and "oceans of content" was a bit insincere.

fair, but that is not the same as them denying a framework issue

I can’t find the quotes, but they have denied having any problems with framework and foundation, which was clearly admitted to today.

It’s not a big deal, but I remember at the time thinking that was certainly going to get out, via leak or something and denying it would be a bad look.

Turns out they didn’t need a leaker, they just finally came out with it directly.

Q: Is there a framework issue that is preventing the development of new content? If so, is there an ETA on the completion of that?
    A: CG_Vyeking - I'm not aware of a 'framework issue'. Content is, however, fairly challenging for us to create for a variety of reasons that we are addressing

• Jakdnels
    786 posts Member
    for all the talk of getting approvals for what can and can't be said, can we get an editor to help with copy/paste? Is it a hard nodes cap increase or an increase of challenge events?

Hard Nodes Cap Increased
    Today’s Update increases the maximum number of Challenge Events attempts by 2 for both Fleet and Character Challenges. This increase will last until 5/28.
  • Jakdnels
    786 posts Member
    Is the June Calendar right? No DSGeoTB until June 30th?
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    I'm getting ahead of the curve and starting the thread already.

I'm also going to get ahead of this and rename it the July road ahead.... Because CG.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »

Yeah but let's be fair, Tabasco on frame work just isn't as good as it is on spaghetti

I love Tabasco

Indeed, I have always felt Tabasco enhances the flavor of the item you are eating. Frank's Red Hot Sauce or Tapatio, both of which I like, tend to make the item you are eating taste like the sauce.
  • MooPoo
    24 posts Member
    Not sure if someone said this already but I remember them telling us end of last year that they were sorry for the slow amount of content. That 2019 was about building tools so they could release content to us a lot quicker. Now near summer 2020 they are going to build tools so they can release content to us quicker... do they enjoy lying to us?