June Road Ahead?

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    LeetoQui78 wrote: »
    It's so insulting to be forced to waste precious time and energy grinding for useless toons.
    As someone who's used Rose for years, who used to have her on her arena team to great effect during Nightmare meta, who owned the first G13 Rose, who still uses Rose regularly...

ROSE IS NOT USELESS. "Rose sucks" is a meme, not an accurate assessment of her ability.

Good for you. Just remember because you feel that way, it doesn't actually make it a fact.
    Give me the line up you are using with Rose and I will show you 10 better replacement

10 better replacements to what? Use in squad arena? She CAN be useful, and that’s a fact. Doesn’t mean she’s the best choice. But she ain’t useless. Mob Enforcer is useless.
  • DerKaisert
    55 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    There is one important rule in business announcements..

Good news you publish early in the week
    Bad news in the end of the week

Let hope the RA is coming next week
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    DerKaisert wrote: »

True, true. But it could be that the RA hasn’t been agreed upon by all parties and CG is wanting to push it out as soon as they’re allowed
  • Eweff wrote: »
    DerKaisert wrote: »

True, true. But it could be that the RA hasn’t been agreed upon by all parties and CG is wanting to push it out as soon as they’re allowed

Well I think, like almost everyone here, that at this time it is already agreed upon by all parties. All they have to do is wait until the JKL event is over. Look at all "the signs". Kyno said it intentionally would be the Friday before JKL announcement, but not all parties were in "go"-modus. Then JKL starts and we are almost two week further and still didn't get it.

I expect that the RA will be a let down: this is what we want, but it will cost us another x months.
  • Ultowe
    38 posts Member
    today is the day ?

f06rkfrfd2g6.png
  • DerKaisert wrote: »

I expect that the RA will be a let down: this is what we want, but it will cost us another x months.

This is how exactly a RA should look like imo, this is not a letdown. Letdown is, when you dont get what you want, and even that nothing costs you more than X months.

Cancelling (""""pausing"""") the raid was a letdown, practically skipping the RA till the next one is due is a letdown, the taunting about the action packed quarter was a letdown, the taunting of how obviosuly TCW s07 would be implemented was a letdown.

The silence on the Ahnald gate is not a letdown, it is a fiasco, the GL event is a fiasco, etc.

(yeah, there were 2 positive things in the last 8 months one of them being Vader and the orher one being Luke, although I for one tend to believe that Luke's kit has some gloomy connection with windu)

But if the RA is like the format you made as an example i wont consider it as a letdown.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Good for you. Just remember because you feel that way, it doesn't actually make it a fact.
    Give me the line up you are using with Rose and I will show you 10 better replacement
    And to do so, you will begin from a presumption that Rose sucks. Which she doesn't. You would also have to ignore how the game works.

My standard JTR lineup is JTR, BB-8, R2, Holdo, and Rose. You can say C-3PO would be a better inclusion in that lineup. But a lot of other teams are vying for 3PO, and right now Padme is the winner; the fact that 3PO is better in a JTR lineup is irrelevant. You can say Finn is better in that lineup, but I need Finn as a leader, alongside most of the Expose landers in the faction, and to get Rey I geared the crap out of that team so I'm going to use it. The heroes go with GL Rey. And a body to my JTR team would be better spent to free up R2 than to bench Rose.

JTR teams can go a few different ways, but control is a big one. Rose contributes to the control win condition while also bringing her own TM engine and good damage. She performs well on the team, and frees up anyone else who would occupy that slot to go to another team. That is being useful.
    Still not a he.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Since they talked about changing their code to allow for units being released faster I expect more talk about Mandalorian characters and maybe Jedi Fallen Order, there are some nice units for Empire, Jedi and Nightsisters there. :)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    KKatarn wrote: »
    Since they talked about changing their code to allow for units being released faster I expect more talk about Mandalorian characters and maybe Jedi Fallen Order, there are some nice units for Empire, Jedi and Nightsisters there. :)

I dont think they spoke about units being released faster.
  • StarSon
    7433 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

They did not, they spoke about being able to create content (specifically solo content) faster.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

They did not, they spoke about being able to create content (specifically solo content) faster.

Which new units should be a part of it, unless they use a really restrictive definition of content.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Which new units should be a part of it, unless they use a really restrictive definition of content.

They made a statement in last years QA about what "is and is not" not considered content (in the context of what they are producing using the tools they are making) , and I think characters are listed there as not the content they are referring to when they discuss adding content. so while they dont have a really restrictive definition, they do have a less open one than some may think.
  • So this comment will get me banned, and at this point, I could care less.

@CG_SBCrumb you have had every opportunity to to listen to the PEOPLE WHO ARE PLAYING YOUR GAME (or not). The biggest downturn in Community morale is the lack of communication. Talk to us. Give us an idea that our time and money that we are investing are meaningful. We don't want a new character. We don't want more puzzles. We want to know what's in the works. We want to KNOW if this game will continue to exist. We want to feel excited about this game when (if) we play it.

Right now your silence is more harmful than your lack of action.
    1.) Are you even doing anything with this game?
    2.) Why are you silent?

Two simple answers that we as players (and some spenders) deserve.
  • TVF
    36593 posts Member
    DojiBrian wrote: »
    So this comment will get me banned, and at this point, I could care less.

@CG_SBCrumb you have had every opportunity to to listen to the PEOPLE WHO ARE PLAYING YOUR GAME (or not). The biggest downturn in Community morale is the lack of communication. Talk to us. Give us an idea that our time and money that we are investing are meaningful. We don't want a new character. We don't want more puzzles. We want to know what's in the works. We want to KNOW if this game will continue to exist. We want to feel excited about this game when (if) we play it.

2.) Why are you silent?

Why would this get you banned?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Maybe because they're threatening to lessen their amount of caring?
  • DojiBrian wrote: »

2.) Why are you silent?

what do you think you deserve ? noone has to give any of you babies constant updates... 99% of the people in this thread must have been spoiled growing up lol all of you are basically crying i want it now
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

not it wouldn't, and I'm not even sure why that needs to be said.
    We don't want more puzzles.

I would like to politely ask you to speak for yourself, as many players really like/enjoy, and do in fact want them.
    We want to know what's in the works. We want to KNOW if this game will continue to exist. We want to feel excited about this game when (if) we play it.

they have spoken to that in a few QAs. we have ideas of whats in the works. we will never "know" until its released. we know the game is going to continue to exist, they have said so. saying it again will not change the level of belief.

yes they are, they have said so.
    2.) Why are you silent?

"its not ready yet" - they will release the statements they can release when they are approved for release (apparently there are timing issues that also need to be approved) . yes thats not a great situation to be in, but Crumb is also in this situation. they want to get the information out, but its not always that simple.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

They made a statement in last years QA about what "is and is not" not considered content (in the context of what they are producing using the tools they are making) , and I think characters are listed there as not the content they are referring to when they discuss adding content. so while they dont have a really restrictive definition, they do have a less open one than some may think.

Speaking of Q and A’s...when’s June’s coming Kyno? It was “on the books” or something to that effect. Let me guess they cance....paused it?

I will have to ask, yes i believe i asked a little bit ago and it was "on the books".....
  • Easybee
    140 posts Member
    This just in! In 6 days, CG is set to come out with "The road behind"

Can't wait!
  • Kyno wrote: »

Speaking of Q and A’s...when’s June’s coming Kyno? It was “on the books” or something to that effect. Let me guess they cance....paused it?

I will have to ask, yes i believe i asked a little bit ago and it was "on the books".....

I imagine this one is on hold until the RA drops.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    LeetoQui78 wrote: »
    It's so insulting to be forced to waste precious time and energy grinding for useless toons.
    As someone who's used Rose for years, who used to have her on her arena team to great effect during Nightmare meta, who owned the first G13 Rose, who still uses Rose regularly...

ROSE IS NOT USELESS. "Rose sucks" is a meme, not an accurate assessment of her ability.

10 better replacements to what? Use in squad arena? She CAN be useful, and that’s a fact. Doesn’t mean she’s the best choice. But she ain’t useless. Mob Enforcer is useless.

False. Mob enforcer is great in platoons. 🤣
  • DojiBrian
    30 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    [/quote]what do you think you deserve ? noone has to give any of you babies constant updates... 99% of the people in this thread must have been spoiled growing up lol all of you are basically crying i want it now [/quote]

Oh yeah, I was spoiled. Sure. And you must have been also because you think you are qualified to assess my life. I'm being civil, so try that.

My time, which I have chosen to invest in this game for 4.5 years, is valuable. This is the lowest point in the games history, I can tell you because I've been around to see the rising and falling of morale. I saw it when Thrawn was released. That moment when we as a community realized that CG was going to milk the spenders. But that's okay. I remember when Malak was announced to be a cash grab initially. That too faded. All was well, until it wasn't. "We're working on it" is something that hasn't even been said for months. In the past, CG always had good communication, even if we didn't like what they had to say. All I personally want is that level of communication to be restored.
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Its sad, just really really sad that the game has gotten to this point.

Even those that aren't overty angry at CG, are really just apathetic. I wonder if you polled the entire playerbase what the general concensus would be.

I have just about moved on. Playing the other game, its fun, really fun actually, but leaving this one after 3+ years is just kind of sad, most of my original guildmates have left, the guys I started our arena chat are almost all gone.

I don't know what could be in the road ahead to change that. It has to be the largest update they have ever released.

Its just sad.
  • DojiBrian wrote: »
    what do you think you deserve ? noone has to give any of you babies constant updates... 99% of the people in this thread must have been spoiled growing up lol all of you are basically crying i want it now [/quote]

Oh yeah, I was spoiled. Sure. And you must have been also because you think you are qualified to assess my life. I'm being civil, so try that.

My time, which I have chosen to invest in this game for 4.5 years, is valuable. This is the lowest point in the games history, I can tell you because I've been around to see the rising and falling of morale. I saw it when Thrawn was released. That moment when we as a community realized that CG was going to milk the spenders. But that's okay. I remember when Malak was announced to be a cash grab initially. That too faded. All was well, until it wasn't. "We're working on it" is something that hasn't even been said for months. In the past, CG always had good communication, even if we didn't like what they had to say. All I personally want is that level of communication to be restored.[/quote]

Don’t pay attention to those other people. Their are a lot of burner accounts on here or they are just shills for CG. If you are interested in community interaction from this developer, forget it. They barely communicate and unusual it’s totally useless with lots of loop holes so they can say they didn’t lie. No straight talk coming from these people.
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    edited June 2020

2.) Why are you silent?

what do you think you deserve ? noone has to give any of you babies constant updates... 99% of the people in this thread must have been spoiled growing up lol all of you are basically crying i want it now

Did you honestly just use the words "constant updates"

Wow, I really have no words, scratch that I do have a few but they would be censored and likely get me banned.

If by constant updates you mean more than an impossible recycled game mode that even veteran players struggle with an imo despise,

Constant updates...

wow
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I know it will be seen as just another excuse, but last time i asked he did mention this and it didn't get finalized for this month.

Crumb is working on a new format and that will not be ready, so there will not be one this month. they are planning on one for next month.
  • Kyno is today the day