June Road Ahead?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    MooPoo wrote: »
    Not sure if someone said this already but I remember them telling us end of last year that they were sorry for the slow amount of content. That 2019 was about building tools so they could release content to us a lot quicker. Now near summer 2020 they are going to build tools so they can release content to us quicker... do they enjoy lying to us?

They have not lied yet, so no.

they said they would be putting the content out in 2020, which we still have more than half a year left. yes there have been delays and changes to some other plans, but none of what they have said is a lie.
  • Potato211
    473 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Not sure if someone said this already but I remember them telling us end of last year that they were sorry for the slow amount of content. That 2019 was about building tools so they could release content to us a lot quicker. Now near summer 2020 they are going to build tools so they can release content to us quicker... do they enjoy lying to us?

they said they would be putting the content out in 2020, which we still have more than half a year left. yes there have been delays and changes to some other plans, but none of what they have said is a lie.

Do you see what the absolute lack of communication or at least something that resembles transparency does? The player base just has a hard time believing the devs when they finally say something, even more when that something is just vague stuff. They seriously need a Community Manager because this is ridiculous.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Potato211 wrote: »

Do you see what the absolute lack of communication or at least something that resembles transparency does? The player base just has a hard time believing the devs when they finally say something, even more when that something is just vague stuff. They seriously need a Community Manager because this is ridiculous.

I'm not here to convince anyone of anything, if people want to think something about someone, that's their call, but it doesnt make it true.

Were things more transparent before?
    Talking (posting memes) more =/= transparency.

We have a community manager and he is doing a great job considered how his hands are tied.

With more transparency (a peak behind the curtain as they call it) would just show many players how hard it is for them to talk about things.

As I said there is a group of us trying to push for more small tides bits of info and stuff like that, but changes like that take time.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Branmark wrote: »

Kids this is a text book example of towing the company line. First rate job. It should be posted in a museum somewhere. Well done sir.

When you have proof, you can come back and talk to me. I will wait.
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member

I'm not here to convince anyone of anything, if people want to think something about someone, that's their call, but it doesnt make it true.

We have a community manager and he is doing a great job considered how his hands are tied.

With more transparency (a peak behind the curtain as they call it) would just show many players how hard it is for them to talk about things.

As I said there is a group of us trying to push for more small tides bits of info and stuff like that, but changes like that take time.

It doesn't have to be CGs fault for this to be a bad situation. I don't care if it's EA or LucasArts red tape or incompetent Devs or Caley's laptop. The inability to even hint at what is coming because of the need for approvals and then post two updates with typos and incorrect information is a bad look.
  • Kyno wrote: »

That is correct it won't be a lie until 2021
  • Potato211
    473 posts Member

Hey guys just a quick update, we are still working on the new framework and tools to help us deliver content more quickly and consistently. Expect a new raid in 2022.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

So, someone will be providing "intent to deceive" in 2021?

The timeline is not the issue, just the definition of "telling a lie".... which is why i normally ask for proof or an explanation when statements like this are made.
  • cml67
    17 posts Member
    It is the second week of June, so I thought this thread could use a bump.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    cml67 wrote: »
    It is the second week of June, so I thought this thread could use a bump.

ywhw363ldvk6.png
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Holding out hope that something special is coming, really can't bring myself to spend another week deploying through another LS Geo TB, which means that it for sure won't show before the 15th.

5v5 GAC is back thankfully and I was really sick of 3v3 , so there's that.

I'm sure that my hope is misplaced, this road ahead will probably be a bust.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Should be this week or next.... I have not pinged Crumb yet this week about it.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Haha lol next week, more like next year. Hahaha.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ZAP wrote: »

“Should” have been last month, so “should” doesn’t mean much 😉

I dont have any authority to speak in different terms.
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member

Shouldn't say things like that. Implies a set timeframe and people will hold you to it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    VaderB1 wrote: »

Shouldn't say things like that. Implies a set timeframe and people will hold you to it.

I'm fine with that.
  • If they used more than 1 computer, maybe we would have some content
  • Good idea, too expensive.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator

Just waiting for a stickied thread called "Kyno's updates" where you update the community with whatever thing you are allowed to share and have been asking updates on as a middleman
  • Ultra wrote: »

Just waiting for a stickied thread called "Kyno's updates" where you update the community with whatever thing you are allowed to share and have been asking updates on as a middleman

Would be a good idea. I like it.
  • Ultra wrote: »

I like this idea, I mean kyno is the only persona that has any info on CG and is one that drops the ban hammer and well kyno is the Senate 632qtw2y8o11.gif

Pls stop using gifs every sentence.