June Road Ahead?

Replies

• Pille
    125 posts Member
    Kyno will never ever agree that cg is lying...and if it is too obvious they are for sure lying...they just tell us „ we had a meeting and changed our minds“...and for kyno this is the proof, that they were not lying, they just changed their minds...this is ridiculous...
  • darklinkto
    43 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    They just don't care about us, capital means money, it's in their name, shame on you.
    Worst communication ever for a company, shame on you
    Post edited by darklinkto on
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    VaderB1 wrote: »
    Should be this week or next.... I have not pinged Crumb yet this week about it.

Shouldn't say things like that. Implies a set timeframe and people will hold you to it.

I'm fine with that.

Then I hope you understand the irritation IF it doesn't drop by the end of next week.

Am holding out hope it's something special, but feeling like Charlie Brown going for the football anymore. My old serious guild just had to replace 5 players an my casual guild is 5 down and one of our more serious players just dropped.

Something needs to change.
  • The road ahead blog is supposed to release once every quarter/3 months. Pandemic aside, that means two road ahead blogs have been delayed, yet y'all got the time to ban an account that actively helped generate revenue for the company and help keep the lights on and servers running?
    Come on dude, there is only so much defending you can do for their inadequacy.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

Just waiting for a stickied thread called "Kyno's updates" where you update the community with whatever thing you are allowed to share and have been asking updates on as a middleman

Would be a good idea. I like it.

Cost too much?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    I'm not here to convince anyone of anything, if people want to think something about someone, that's their call, but it doesnt make it true.

Thats the fun part about perception and reality. If you state it enough, its repeated enough and you combine it with just enough examples to lend credibilty to it, such as the lack of communication/delays/screw ups.... it becomes the truth.

Remember, the earth used to be the center of the solar system.... the earth used to be flat....

No one questioned those things because just enough "examples" existed to lend credibility to the story that wasnt true and make it be believed / presented as the truth.

Perception is reality... Even when that may not be factually accurate, it can still become the accepted truth in a community.

CG should do a better job communicating to prevent that.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Shouldn't say things like that. Implies a set timeframe and people will hold you to it.

I'm fine with that.

I just want to take a moment to give a shout-out to Kyno here. We give him a lot of grief, but the bulk of that lately is frustration with the lack of content and communication from CG of late. As such, he's the only "Name in Green" that is actively interacting with the community, which makes him a big target. As much as I which he could provide more info and insight on what's going on behind the CG curtain, it's really anyone with a CG_ name that actually deserves to come under fire...
  • Kyno wrote: »
    botabu wrote: »
    botabu wrote: »
    It's all bull crap now.... there were rumors WAY back when Carrie left that they were trying to clean up the "spaghetti code", to which they adamantly denied..... now they confirm it. Unreal bunch of dummies.

or the people trying to use the term spaghetti code, dont understand what that means in terms of large programs and are shoehorning into it what they are talking about here.....

Spaghetti code, frame work..... it's all the same in the end.

thank you for proving my point.

Haha, this guy
  • raybron99
    129 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

I'm fine with that.

I just want to take a moment to give a shout-out to Kyno here. We give him a lot of grief, but the bulk of that lately is frustration with the lack of content and communication from CG of late. As such, he's the only "Name in Green" that is actively interacting with the community, which makes him a big target. As much as I which he could provide more info and insight on what's going on behind the CG curtain, it's really anyone with a CG_ name that actually deserves to come under fire...

Totally agree. Its just too bad that he does all this work for a company that just doesn't care anymore. They do not care about the players, content creators, third party website designed to help the playerbase, forums...and most of all...the game.

Some people think that they will drop the Road Ahead tomorrow to dodge all the fire they are getting. At this point, I dont even care anymore...

This road ahead better be the mother of all roads. Like the autobon or however you spell it :P

• VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    I bet we get the road ahead a wee bit sooner now

I wouldn't bet on it, they don't feel pressure, remember these are the same people who forced us to relic Rose Tico, and then not even have to use her.

This won't affect the Road Ahead at all.
  • I can already tell you the road ahead. Spoiler Alert. Ban all content creators.

• We all will just wait and see for more word in June. It would be pretty funny if the toon is Jedi Luke and people see it as the harbinger of the game dying lol

I don't understand that view that Jedi Luke would signal the end if the game. On the contrary, I think many of those supposed soothsayers would come slinking back if it were announced. Sure, the devs would then have to think carefully about what comes afterwards; however, units like Padme, JKR, Traya have proven that they are willing to dive onto many aspects of the lore (also see any 'toons I want' thread).
  • Jakdnels wrote: »
    Is the June Calendar right? No DSGeoTB until June 30th?

Uh... Yes. Usually the next TB wouldn't start until early July. Having it on the 30th is early, if anything
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    An indepndent content creator with wide reach gets banned over an issue they never gave a womp rat's stinky end about, just before a supposed announcement of some great new content... Yeah, the road ahead not gonna be all that great. Shiny on the outside, shameless money grab on the inside is my guess.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Just waiting for a stickied thread called "Kyno's updates" where you update the community with whatever thing you are allowed to share and have been asking updates on as a middleman

Would be a good idea. I like it.

Cost too much?

Ya.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    An indepndent content creator with wide reach gets banned over an issue they never gave a womp rat's stinky end about, just before a supposed announcement of some great new content... Yeah, the road ahead not gonna be all that great. Shiny on the outside, shameless money grab on the inside is my guess.

I don’t think there is a Road Ahead. I think it’s just going to be any normal announcement. If it is indeed the RA, then it better be spicy.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Nauros wrote: »

I don’t think there is a Road Ahead. I think it’s just going to be any normal announcement. If it is indeed the RA, then it better be spicy.

What do you mean "it's". What's going to be an announcement?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    D_ToX wrote: »
    July Road ahead isn’t it?

Road behind
  • Veserion1
    150 posts Member
    It's coming tomorrow,I have inside information.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Veserion1 wrote: »
    It's coming tomorrow,I have inside information.

Strange, my inside information says that it's coming June 31st.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    My insider information says it is delayed till July