FO underpowered?

P0pcan
9 posts Member
I like the FO characters but does anyone else think that they just aren’t strong enough? I constantly lose in arena with a r5+ team to darth and jedi revan teams that are just g12. That doesn’t seem right to me

Replies

  • LordDirt
    1287 posts Member
    Yep, FO are neutered. My favorite faction and they arent worth much without SLKR.
  • jawa7778
    236 posts Member
    P0pcan wrote: »
    I like the FO characters but does anyone else think that they just aren’t strong enough? I constantly lose in arena with a r5+ team to darth and jedi revan teams that are just g12. That doesn’t seem right to me
    What team are you using? I'm a FO user as well and curious. I can sometimes beat DR and JKR and sometimes not, and mine aren't relic 5.
  • khdelboy
    113 posts Member
    Not even a Relic 7 KRU, KR and Hux can beat lower relic JKR/DR/Padme most of the time.

    Could argue the same for resistance faction as well.
  • resistance can beat DR, and FO can beat DR with sith trooper
  • Scrybe
    12 posts Member
    Without SLKR, I'm not surprised that FO lose out against the likes of JKR/DR. Those are newer Journey squad.

    Adding in Hux and Sith Trooper probably goes someway to making them more viable. I haven't had an opportunity to invest in my FO just yet, so I can't comment much further.
    Check out my content on YouTube...search for Scrybe Gaming!
  • Scrybe wrote: »
    Without SLKR, I'm not surprised that FO lose out against the likes of JKR/DR. Those are newer Journey squad.

    Adding in Hux and Sith Trooper probably goes someway to making them more viable. I haven't had an opportunity to invest in my FO just yet, so I can't comment much further.

    I imagine zHux lead with z FOST, FOX, FOTP, and either KRU/KR/FOO take arena 1 on newer servers, but the idea with both of those factions niw is they are stepping stones to GL.
  • Desertfox1024
    118 posts Member
    edited May 20
    FO's pretty weak (yes it's better in new shards) and I really can't think of any strategic reason to farm them except for the fact that you need 5 FO for both GL Kylo and GL Rey (BB8).
    For resistance JTR with heroes is a great team though.
    Both of their fleets are very weak in older shards, but they're powerful in new ones. (My second March 2020 account used the reistance fleet with Biggs,TIE Silencer and Ackbar lead. First in rank if you don't count hypers. Way better than the Geo trio tbh)
  • Legend91
    1132 posts Member
    They're fine as they are and with SLKR they're even meta relevant. Does every faction in the game need to be a top tier team competing with GAS, SE & Co.? Also going for FO has the nice bonus that you get a good fleet that just demolishes Ackbar fleets and could become even stronger if we ever get a FO tank ship.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • P0pcan
    9 posts Member
    jawa7778 wrote: »
    P0pcan wrote: »
    I like the FO characters but does anyone else think that they just aren’t strong enough? I constantly lose in arena with a r5+ team to darth and jedi revan teams that are just g12. That doesn’t seem right to me
    What team are you using? I'm a FO user as well and curious. I can sometimes beat DR and JKR and sometimes not, and mine aren't relic 5.
    I have r7 kylo and KRU with r5 hux fox and officer

  • jawa7778
    236 posts Member
    P0pcan wrote: »
    jawa7778 wrote: »
    P0pcan wrote: »
    I like the FO characters but does anyone else think that they just aren’t strong enough? I constantly lose in arena with a r5+ team to darth and jedi revan teams that are just g12. That doesn’t seem right to me
    What team are you using? I'm a FO user as well and curious. I can sometimes beat DR and JKR and sometimes not, and mine aren't relic 5.
    I have r7 kylo and KRU with r5 hux fox and officer

    Okay. Who are you using in the leader slot?
  • Jarvind
    3544 posts Member
    I would guess that KRU/Hux/Redboi/Executioner/Stormtrooper would at least have a shot at beating JKR, if modded properly.

    But yeah, pre-Crunchwrap-Supreme-Kylo they will generally not be able to beat recent meta teams. They do squash those ubiquitous defending Nightsister teams in GA nicely though.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png



  • littleMAC77
    2075 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I would guess that KRU/Hux/Redboi/Executioner/Stormtrooper would at least have a shot at beating JKR, if modded properly.

    But yeah, pre-Crunchwrap-Supreme-Kylo they will generally not be able to beat recent meta teams. They do squash those ubiquitous defending Nightsister teams in GA nicely though.

    From my experience i think that Hux lead is actually better vs the Revans. Shutting down counter attacks and causing your own is big for overcoming the difference in kit quality.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • khdelboy
    113 posts Member
    edited May 22
    I use

    KRU lead, Hux, KR, FO Stormtrooper and FOX. I sometimes switch out KRU lead with Hux lead.

    Once my Sith Trooper is 7 star, I would drop FO Stormtrooper for him. All above characters are the best FO toons.

    The worst ones are Phasma and SF TF Pilot. The remaining ones are Okay-ish (FO Officer and TF Pilot.)
  • jawa7778 wrote: »
    P0pcan wrote: »
    jawa7778 wrote: »
    P0pcan wrote: »
    I like the FO characters but does anyone else think that they just aren’t strong enough? I constantly lose in arena with a r5+ team to darth and jedi revan teams that are just g12. That doesn’t seem right to me
    What team are you using? I'm a FO user as well and curious. I can sometimes beat DR and JKR and sometimes not, and mine aren't relic 5.
    I have r7 kylo and KRU with r5 hux fox and officer

    Okay. Who are you using in the leader slot?

    KRU usually
Sign In or Register to comment.