Scoundrel Tag for Res Hero Poe

Prev1
Slaveen
244 posts Member
edited May 20
Given that we learned Poe was a spice runner in TROS, it seems like it would make sense to give Resistance Hero Poe the Scoundrel tag. This will also facilitate more in game theory crafting.

Raid Han and OG Chewy have scoundrel tags despite the fact that their models are presumably after they had joined the Rebel Alliance. The same treatment should be given to Poe.

Replies

  • Damodamo
    1043 posts Member
    Used to be a spice runner, so original Poe is closer to the correct time, or in fact a new one from before he was the original Poe.

    Or in fact, no Poe, he’s meaningless in the scheme of things. Many other toons before you have smuggler Poe..
  • Slaveen
    244 posts Member
    I didn’t ask for a “Smuggler Poe,” I asked for a Scoundrel tag on Res Hero Poe.

    I’m convinced there are people on these forums who define their senses of self-worth by trying to one up other people on the forums.

    Lot of Mr. NO U and Mr. JUST CUZ’es.

    ^case in point
  • Phoenixeon
    1178 posts Member
    Then Finn get FO tag because he was a FO stormtrooper?
  • Damodamo
    1043 posts Member
    Slaveen wrote: »
    I didn’t ask for a “Smuggler Poe,” I asked for a Scoundrel tag on Res Hero Poe.

    I’m convinced there are people on these forums who define their senses of self-worth by trying to one up other people on the forums.

    Lot of Mr. NO U and Mr. JUST CUZ’es.

    ^case in point
    No, I just pointed out he used to be a spice runner, in an unspecified time before he appeared in the first film he was in.. therefore making the current one, definitely not the one to get the tag. You asked for a scoundrel tag, on the better version of Poe, I pointed out its not from the correct point in time, presumably you want the tag on res hero Poe as he’s better than og Poe.

    As I also didn’t address your raid Han and chewy justification, I’m pretty sure that when they first appear on screen, they are working as scoundrel/smugglers, could be wrong but I’m pretty sure that was there entire point at the start - to smuggle old Ben, farmboy and the droids of the planet.

    But I’ll take that as a one up if you want to, I’m happy either way.
  • Slaveen
    244 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Then Finn get FO tag because he was a FO stormtrooper?

    Then explain why Raid Han and OG Chewy have the Soundrel tag when it’s their character models from when after they joined the Rebel Alliance.
  • Sebek
    673 posts Member
    Slaveen wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Then Finn get FO tag because he was a FO stormtrooper?

    Then explain why Raid Han and OG Chewy have the Soundrel tag when it’s their character models from when after they joined the Rebel Alliance.

    they still were Scoundrels during ANH. the Models are from ANH
    I Love Sequels
  • Sebek
    673 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Slaveen wrote: »
    I didn’t ask for a “Smuggler Poe,” I asked for a Scoundrel tag on Res Hero Poe.

    I’m convinced there are people on these forums who define their senses of self-worth by trying to one up other people on the forums.

    Lot of Mr. NO U and Mr. JUST CUZ’es.

    ^case in point

    I'm convinced people on the forum ask silly questions and get rational answers and then attack people bc they can't handle being wrong bc they make no sense. cases in point everywhere

    As sad as it may be, it's true, all of it
    I Love Sequels
  • Slaveen
    244 posts Member
    You know what, you’re right. I don’t see how anyone in their right minds could POSSIBLY even fathom Res Hero Poe having a Scoundrel tag - basically like asking for BB-8 to have a Sith tag, JKA to have a droid tag because of his robotic arm, and Padme to have a Separatist tag. Just doesn’t make any sense at all. None.
  • Sebek
    673 posts Member
    Slaveen wrote: »
    You know what, you’re right. I don’t see how anyone in their right minds could POSSIBLY even fathom Res Hero Poe having a Scoundrel tag - basically like asking for BB-8 to have a Sith tag, JKA to have a droid tag because of his robotic arm, and Padme to have a Separatist tag. Just doesn’t make any sense at all. None.

    I don't understand, please explain
    I Love Sequels
  • Damodamo
    1043 posts Member
    You are aware there are two poes in the game aren’t you ? @op
  • Slaveen
    244 posts Member
    Yes - I don’t see how that has any relevance to the request.
  • Sebek
    673 posts Member
    Slaveen wrote: »
    Yes - I don’t see how that has any relevance to the request.

    Hey, why doesn't Dooku have a Jedi Tag, he was a Jedi.(This Post in a Nutshell)
    I Love Sequels
  • Slaveen
    244 posts Member
    edited May 22
    I understand the argument against giving him the tag, but I’m asking this for theory crafting purposes. Theory crafting is fun to me.

    Jango Fett was given a Separatist tag while Boba Fett doesn’t have an Empire tag. They were both bounty hunters just assisting the highest bidder, yet one has the tag of their employer and the other doesn’t.

    Apparently some people are very emotional about insisting Res Hero Poe NOT have a scoundrel tag. I don’t want to cause them any more emotional duress so I’m willing to leave it alone. Just thought this would add an additional element of fun to the game. I am honestly sorry for asking.
  • Sebek
    673 posts Member
    Slaveen wrote: »
    I understand the argument against giving him the tag, but I’m asking this for theory crafting purposes. Theory crafting is fun to me.

    Jango Fett was given a Separatist tag while Boba Fett doesn’t have an Empire tag. They were both bounty hunters just assisting the highest bidder, yet one has the tag of their employer and the other doesn’t.

    Apparently some people are very emotional about insisting Res Hero Poe NOT have a scoundrel tag. I don’t want to cause them any more emotional duress so I’m willing to leave it alone. Just thought this would add an additional element of fun to the game. I am honestly sorry for asking.

    Yeah Jango was Payed by Separatist, but Poe WAS not is
    I Love Sequels
  • Sebek
    673 posts Member
    Same Example give Bossk the First Order Tag for Theory Crafting for fun
    xD
    I Love Sequels
  • Slaveen
    244 posts Member
    You win. You seem like such a cool guy, O’Doyle.
  • Sebek
    673 posts Member
    Slaveen wrote: »
    You win. You seem like such a cool guy, O’Doyle.
    So You didn't answer why Dooku doesn't have A Jedi Tag
    I Love Sequels
  • TVF
    22334 posts Member
    edited May 22
    So the CG leak was about BB8 getting a Sith tag.
    Post edited by TVF on
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Slaveen
    244 posts Member
    Sebek wrote: »
    Slaveen wrote: »
    You win. You seem like such a cool guy, O’Doyle.
    So You didn't answer why Dooku doesn't have A Jedi Tag

    Different. Same reason Darth Vader doesn’t have a Jedi tag. Before you say, “Poe was no longer a smuggler,” ask yourself why Lando Calrissian has a scoundrel tag when he was a city administrator at the time of Empire Strikes Back and no longer a smuggler. Or why Clone Wars Chewbacca has a scoundrel tag even though he was seemingly in the Kashyyyk militia at the time.

    Jedi/Sith is like a religion. Luke himself calls it the “Jedi Religion” in the Sequel Trilogy. A carpenter who becomes an accountant later in life would probably still call himself a carpenter if asked. A Muslim who becomes an Atheist would no longer call himself a Muslim. See the difference?

  • Sebek
    673 posts Member
    Slaveen wrote: »
    Sebek wrote: »
    Slaveen wrote: »
    You win. You seem like such a cool guy, O’Doyle.
    So You didn't answer why Dooku doesn't have A Jedi Tag

    Different. Same reason Darth Vader doesn’t have a Jedi tag. Before you say, “Poe was no longer a smuggler,” ask yourself why Lando Calrissian has a scoundrel tag when he was a city administrator at the time of Empire Strikes Back and no longer a smuggler. Or why Clone Wars Chewbacca has a scoundrel tag even though he was seemingly in the Kashyyyk militia at the time.

    Jedi/Sith is like a religion. Luke himself calls it the “Jedi Religion” in the Sequel Trilogy. A carpenter who becomes an accountant later in life would probably still call himself a carpenter if asked. A Muslim who becomes an Atheist would no longer call himself a Muslim. See the difference?

    He Still was a Scoundrel lol
    I Love Sequels
  • Slaveen
    244 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    So the CG leak was about BB8 getting a Sith tag.

    The CG leak?
  • Slaveen
    244 posts Member
    Sebek wrote: »
    He Still was a Scoundrel lol

    He wasn’t getting paid to be a scoundrel anymore, so he shouldn’t have the tag according to an argument you used previously.

    You’re just disagreeing to disagree at this point. Get a life.
  • Damodamo
    1043 posts Member
    Slaveen wrote: »
    Sebek wrote: »
    He Still was a Scoundrel lol

    He wasn’t getting paid to be a scoundrel anymore, so he shouldn’t have the tag according to an argument you used previously.

    You’re just disagreeing to disagree at this point. Get a life.
    He sold his friends out to the empire for profit.. kind of sounds scoundrelly to me ;)
  • Damodamo
    1043 posts Member
    Slaveen wrote: »

    You’re just disagreeing to disagree at this point. Get a life.

    I think it’s actually called theorycrafting, I’m sure someone in this thread said they like doing that..
  • Phoenixeon
    1178 posts Member
    Even he get scoundrel tag he's not going to be useful anyway...his kit and power is designed to work with "inspire" buff, not scoundrel tag.

    Just like nute gunray, he's a scoundrel for sure, but he has nothing to do with scoundrels.
  • Slaveen
    244 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Even he get scoundrel tag he's not going to be useful anyway...his kit and power is designed to work with "inspire" buff, not scoundrel tag.

    Just like nute gunray, he's a scoundrel for sure, but he has nothing to do with scoundrels.

    Lot of people are running L3 in their GL Rey squads. Giving RH Poe a Scoundrel tag will allow L3 to heal him and cleanse him and will give her turn meter when he takes damage. So it’s not pointless.

  • Slaveen wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Even he get scoundrel tag he's not going to be useful anyway...his kit and power is designed to work with "inspire" buff, not scoundrel tag.

    Just like nute gunray, he's a scoundrel for sure, but he has nothing to do with scoundrels.

    Lot of people are running L3 in their GL Rey squads. Giving RH Poe a Scoundrel tag will allow L3 to heal him and cleanse him and will give her turn meter when he takes damage. So it’s not pointless.

    So run the same team?
    That isn't theorycrafting,
    It's wanting a buff.
  • TVF
    22334 posts Member
    Disagreement /= Toxicity
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Why don’t we just give every iteration of Han rebel, resistance, and scoundrel tags and then give every iteration of Chewie the same tags plus GR. You know, since chronology doesn’t matter and theory crafting is fun.
This discussion has been closed.