Your Empire Needs You!

2Next

Replies

  • I'd guess that if there is a new version of Vader, it'll come as a Galactic Legend. That might be why he's been left to drift into being a minor character in the game.
  • khdelboy
    119 posts Member
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    I'd guess that if there is a new version of Vader, it'll come as a Galactic Legend. That might be why he's been left to drift into being a minor character in the game.

    Yeah that’s pretty my reasoning. Vader would be not on any rework list because he’s simply the only one I can think of that will be paired with GL JK Luke. The emperor is only the other one but seems unlikely.

    Watch as we get crushed with disappointment when it comes round and we end up with a GL Jabba.

  • Mirkraag
    237 posts Member
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    It always funny to read that the empire is a good faction because of palpatine and vador. Defnitively not related to the sith tag.
    L O L

    Haha yeah.
    If you take away the 2 best toons from a faction the faction becomes wayyy worse, right?!?!?!
    Come on CG, why cant things i liked from movies remain as a dominante team indefinitely?
    Are you even trying?!
    Thrawn, not Vader. And Vader is one of, if not, the most popular characters (and powerful) in all of Star Wars, for him to be so underwhelming is just sad.

    Vader is fine, as soon as relics came out people were making videos of him cutting malaks in half.
    They have more important things they should be doing.

    Ahahaha, very funny, you made my day ^^

    Vader is so fine that you can see him in arena, tw, raid and ga. Oh wait ! I guess people prefer left him on the bench because he is so cool. Lol
  • Monel
    2172 posts Member
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    It always funny to read that the empire is a good faction because of palpatine and vador. Defnitively not related to the sith tag.
    L O L

    Haha yeah.
    If you take away the 2 best toons from a faction the faction becomes wayyy worse, right?!?!?!
    Come on CG, why cant things i liked from movies remain as a dominante team indefinitely?
    Are you even trying?!
    Thrawn, not Vader. And Vader is one of, if not, the most popular characters (and powerful) in all of Star Wars, for him to be so underwhelming is just sad.

    Vader is fine, as soon as relics came out people were making videos of him cutting malaks in half.
    They have more important things they should be doing.

    Ahahaha, very funny, you made my day ^^

    Vader is so fine that you can see him in arena, tw, raid and ga. Oh wait ! I guess people prefer left him on the bench because he is so cool. Lol

    My Vader is still brand new. I am hoping one day he will be worth a million bucks.
  • Nihion
    2648 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    CLS is a hero's journey toon.
    False comparison.

    Relic your vader and have some fun with him, on a list of characters in need of reworks he shouldn't even be near the top.

    But you can't have fun with a relic Vader without (from what I can see) using other characters that are better used elsewhere.

    That's OP's point I think. Iconic character that is pretty lackadaisical outside of a niche composition.

    He absolutely should be near the top of the re-work list.

    Sure, right behind every GR jedi, the other clones, and the toons that were required to be geared up for the GL event that are terrible.
    So maybe 12th or 13th on a rework list.

    Disagree. None of those characters made (or make) me interested in Star Wars. Vader is the face of the OT and should be more relevant.
    1. Squad arena? Ha ha ha ha
    2. Fleet arena. Not really, it's GR and Seps
    3. TW. Nope
    4. TB. Nope
    5. GAC. Maybe, but hardly a go-to character.

    Just because they don’t interest you doesn’t mean they don’t interest others. Also, Vader was reworked in 2018. Most of the other characters that have been around since launch have never been touched up on.
    What he’s trying to say is that Vader is one of the most liked and well-known characters in all of Star Wars, and for him to be as shambolic as he is in this game is just weird. Any other Star Wars game and I’m pretty sure Vader is one of the best characters in the game.

    Princess Leia is in the same boat, but I don’t think she’s ever been touched up on. If there is a list for people getting reworks/new versions, I think that Leia would be above Vader.

    My point is that yes, Vader is iconic and pretty lackluster in game right now, but he got an update, which is more than you can say for a lot of characters, including half of our Jedi Masters. I think that Vader is good enough that a new Empire leader could make him shine, whereas some older toons are so bad that they are just a waste.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    CLS is a hero's journey toon.
    False comparison.

    Relic your vader and have some fun with him, on a list of characters in need of reworks he shouldn't even be near the top.

    But you can't have fun with a relic Vader without (from what I can see) using other characters that are better used elsewhere.

    That's OP's point I think. Iconic character that is pretty lackadaisical outside of a niche composition.

    He absolutely should be near the top of the re-work list.

    Sure, right behind every GR jedi, the other clones, and the toons that were required to be geared up for the GL event that are terrible.
    So maybe 12th or 13th on a rework list.

    Disagree. None of those characters made (or make) me interested in Star Wars. Vader is the face of the OT and should be more relevant.
    1. Squad arena? Ha ha ha ha
    2. Fleet arena. Not really, it's GR and Seps
    3. TW. Nope
    4. TB. Nope
    5. GAC. Maybe, but hardly a go-to character.

    Just because they don’t interest you doesn’t mean they don’t interest others. Also, Vader was reworked in 2018. Most of the other characters that have been around since launch have never been touched up on.
    What he’s trying to say is that Vader is one of the most liked and well-known characters in all of Star Wars, and for him to be as shambolic as he is in this game is just weird. Any other Star Wars game and I’m pretty sure Vader is one of the best characters in the game.

    Princess Leia is in the same boat, but I don’t think she’s ever been touched up on. If there is a list for people getting reworks/new versions, I think that Leia would be above Vader.

    My point is that yes, Vader is iconic and pretty lackluster in game right now, but he got an update, which is more than you can say for a lot of characters, including half of our Jedi Masters. I think that Vader is good enough that a new Empire leader could make him shine, whereas some older toons are so bad that they are just a waste.
    Nihion wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    CLS is a hero's journey toon.
    False comparison.

    Relic your vader and have some fun with him, on a list of characters in need of reworks he shouldn't even be near the top.

    But you can't have fun with a relic Vader without (from what I can see) using other characters that are better used elsewhere.

    That's OP's point I think. Iconic character that is pretty lackadaisical outside of a niche composition.

    He absolutely should be near the top of the re-work list.

    Sure, right behind every GR jedi, the other clones, and the toons that were required to be geared up for the GL event that are terrible.
    So maybe 12th or 13th on a rework list.

    Disagree. None of those characters made (or make) me interested in Star Wars. Vader is the face of the OT and should be more relevant.
    1. Squad arena? Ha ha ha ha
    2. Fleet arena. Not really, it's GR and Seps
    3. TW. Nope
    4. TB. Nope
    5. GAC. Maybe, but hardly a go-to character.

    Just because they don’t interest you doesn’t mean they don’t interest others. Also, Vader was reworked in 2018. Most of the other characters that have been around since launch have never been touched up on.
    What he’s trying to say is that Vader is one of the most liked and well-known characters in all of Star Wars, and for him to be as shambolic as he is in this game is just weird. Any other Star Wars game and I’m pretty sure Vader is one of the best characters in the game.

    Princess Leia is in the same boat, but I don’t think she’s ever been touched up on. If there is a list for people getting reworks/new versions, I think that Leia would be above Vader.

    My point is that yes, Vader is iconic and pretty lackluster in game right now, but he got an update, which is more than you can say for a lot of characters, including half of our Jedi Masters. I think that Vader is good enough that a new Empire leader could make him shine, whereas some older toons are so bad that they are just a waste.

    Yeah, I will just wait until Vader is the meta. And for a long time, much like JKR is now.
    May the force be with you.
  • Gifafi
    4048 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    Not my empire, I didnt vote for it!

    it was a proxy vote, so you voted with us. M.E.G.A.!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • jman1234
    65 posts Member
    I really hope they do Empire reworks making imperial troopers like Veers, Snowtrooper, and/or Starck stronger/more viable or maybe a Vader re-rework. It's such a meme how CG is like let's celebrate Empire Strikes Back with......the Rebel Y-Wing that you didn't know was in the movie, but look we have a screenshot of when it was shown to be flying by for 5 seconds at the end of the movie!
  • LordDirt
    1301 posts Member
    Darth Vader IS Star Wars. People around the world know Darth Vader. He was born from the Chosen One. He is everywhere Star Wars is advertised. He is even the main character in this games loading screen. He needs to always be an “A” character, not down with “C” and below characters.
  • Nihion
    2648 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Darth Vader IS Star Wars. People around the world know Darth Vader. He was born from the Chosen One. He is everywhere Star Wars is advertised. He is even the main character in this games loading screen. He needs to always be an “A” character, not down with “C” and below characters.

    Then I probably wouldn’t have fun playing your game after 6 months. Characters get old. They can’t always be updating old characters.
  • LordDirt
    1301 posts Member
    Doesn’t take much to keep a character strong in a game like this. Look at the GLs.
  • Nihion
    2648 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Doesn’t take much to keep a character strong in a game like this. Look at the GLs.

    GL’s have been around for one month, I don’t see your point.

    There’s also a variation aspect. If Darth Vader was always top tier, it would get old, just like long metas. I believe that we saw this with both Revans, and because of the game slowing down, I think we’re still seeing it with both Revans.
  • Ggdjqjchsabjdj
    125 posts Member
    edited May 22
    Nihion wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Doesn’t take much to keep a character strong in a game like this. Look at the GLs.

    GL’s have been around for one month, I don’t see your point.

    There’s also a variation aspect. If Darth Vader was always top tier, it would get old, just like long metas. I believe that we saw this with both Revans, and because of the game slowing down, I think we’re still seeing it with both Revans.

    Well you know I play this other game and they update older characters who are trash so they can become more usable in game. Not just usable, but some of the better characters in the game.
    May the force be with you.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Darth Vader IS Star Wars. People around the world know Darth Vader. He was born from the Chosen One. He is everywhere Star Wars is advertised. He is even the main character in this games loading screen. He needs to always be an “A” character, not down with “C” and below characters.

    Then I probably wouldn’t have fun playing your game after 6 months. Characters get old. They can’t always be updating old characters.

    Who said anything about "always updating"?
  • Lysandrax wrote: »
    CLS is a hero's journey toon.
    False comparison.

    Relic your vader and have some fun with him, on a list of characters in need of reworks he shouldn't even be near the top.
    Ok then, compare him to someone like Sion.

    Best argument ^
  • Lysandrax wrote: »
    CLS is a hero's journey toon.
    False comparison.

    Relic your vader and have some fun with him, on a list of characters in need of reworks he shouldn't even be near the top.
    Ok then, compare him to someone like Sion.

    Best argument ^
    Your sarcasm ceases to amuse me.

    May the force be with you.
  • Nihion
    2648 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Doesn’t take much to keep a character strong in a game like this. Look at the GLs.

    GL’s have been around for one month, I don’t see your point.

    There’s also a variation aspect. If Darth Vader was always top tier, it would get old, just like long metas. I believe that we saw this with both Revans, and because of the game slowing down, I think we’re still seeing it with both Revans.

    Well you know I play this other game and they update older characters who are trash so they can become more usable in game. Not just usable, but some of the better characters in the game.

    Sure, but my argument here was that it gets old.

    I think that having a better Vader would be great, could make Empire more fun. But on these forums, I try and play devil’s advocate to attempt to explain why CG does what they do. Ultimately, in this situation, everyone has Vader very early on. If they make him too good on his own, then balance starts to break. Also, reworking characters is probably not a big money maker, especially since you hardly have to try to get Vader 7*.

    Personally, I vote for a new Vader. If they master the artwork, then a Ruined Vader could look fantastic, and rise to the top as a powerful character. Really anything but Bacta Tank Vader.
  • Phoenixeon
    1180 posts Member
    Darth Varder (Rogue One) I vote this if we ever get a new one.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Doesn’t take much to keep a character strong in a game like this. Look at the GLs.

    GL’s have been around for one month, I don’t see your point.

    There’s also a variation aspect. If Darth Vader was always top tier, it would get old, just like long metas. I believe that we saw this with both Revans, and because of the game slowing down, I think we’re still seeing it with both Revans.

    Well you know I play this other game and they update older characters who are trash so they can become more usable in game. Not just usable, but some of the better characters in the game.

    Sure, but my argument here was that it gets old.

    I think that having a better Vader would be great, could make Empire more fun. But on these forums, I try and play devil’s advocate to attempt to explain why CG does what they do. Ultimately, in this situation, everyone has Vader very early on. If they make him too good on his own, then balance starts to break. Also, reworking characters is probably not a big money maker, especially since you hardly have to try to get Vader 7*.

    Personally, I vote for a new Vader. If they master the artwork, then a Ruined Vader could look fantastic, and rise to the top as a powerful character. Really anything but Bacta Tank Vader.
    Clearly they should’ve had something planned ages ago for Vader. The amount of shards you get from achievements is enough to get him past 7 stars, that’s how I got my Vader 7*. I too would like a new Vader, but it’s not my preference as I don’t spend money on this game, so by the time I got him, he wouldn’t be as useful. And look at Rey, she’s destroyed the fun in the game for a few end game players (most of my friends despise Rey). If that’s what they do with Vader, I would be very upset, I don’t necessarily want him to be the best character in the game, just your first or second option for fighting difficult teams.

    May the force be with you.
  • Nihion
    2648 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Doesn’t take much to keep a character strong in a game like this. Look at the GLs.

    GL’s have been around for one month, I don’t see your point.

    There’s also a variation aspect. If Darth Vader was always top tier, it would get old, just like long metas. I believe that we saw this with both Revans, and because of the game slowing down, I think we’re still seeing it with both Revans.

    Well you know I play this other game and they update older characters who are trash so they can become more usable in game. Not just usable, but some of the better characters in the game.

    Sure, but my argument here was that it gets old.

    I think that having a better Vader would be great, could make Empire more fun. But on these forums, I try and play devil’s advocate to attempt to explain why CG does what they do. Ultimately, in this situation, everyone has Vader very early on. If they make him too good on his own, then balance starts to break. Also, reworking characters is probably not a big money maker, especially since you hardly have to try to get Vader 7*.

    Personally, I vote for a new Vader. If they master the artwork, then a Ruined Vader could look fantastic, and rise to the top as a powerful character. Really anything but Bacta Tank Vader.
    Clearly they should’ve had something planned ages ago for Vader. The amount of shards you get from achievements is enough to get him past 7 stars, that’s how I got my Vader 7*. I too would like a new Vader, but it’s not my preference as I don’t spend money on this game, so by the time I got him, he wouldn’t be as useful. And look at Rey, she’s destroyed the fun in the game for a few end game players (most of my friends despise Rey). If that’s what they do with Vader, I would be very upset, I don’t necessarily want him to be the best character in the game, just your first or second option for fighting difficult teams.

    Yeah you just described the Vader from 2018, when they reworked him the first time. I don’t see them doing that again.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Doesn’t take much to keep a character strong in a game like this. Look at the GLs.

    GL’s have been around for one month, I don’t see your point.

    There’s also a variation aspect. If Darth Vader was always top tier, it would get old, just like long metas. I believe that we saw this with both Revans, and because of the game slowing down, I think we’re still seeing it with both Revans.

    Well you know I play this other game and they update older characters who are trash so they can become more usable in game. Not just usable, but some of the better characters in the game.

    Sure, but my argument here was that it gets old.

    I think that having a better Vader would be great, could make Empire more fun. But on these forums, I try and play devil’s advocate to attempt to explain why CG does what they do. Ultimately, in this situation, everyone has Vader very early on. If they make him too good on his own, then balance starts to break. Also, reworking characters is probably not a big money maker, especially since you hardly have to try to get Vader 7*.

    Personally, I vote for a new Vader. If they master the artwork, then a Ruined Vader could look fantastic, and rise to the top as a powerful character. Really anything but Bacta Tank Vader.
    Clearly they should’ve had something planned ages ago for Vader. The amount of shards you get from achievements is enough to get him past 7 stars, that’s how I got my Vader 7*. I too would like a new Vader, but it’s not my preference as I don’t spend money on this game, so by the time I got him, he wouldn’t be as useful. And look at Rey, she’s destroyed the fun in the game for a few end game players (most of my friends despise Rey). If that’s what they do with Vader, I would be very upset, I don’t necessarily want him to be the best character in the game, just your first or second option for fighting difficult teams.

    Yeah you just described the Vader from 2018, when they reworked him the first time. I don’t see them doing that again.

    He didn’t ruin the fun, if you felt your fun was ruined the for what I know you were the minority. I had plenty of fun during that time, it was pretty short lived compared to other metas.
    May the force be with you.
  • Phoenixeon
    1180 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Doesn’t take much to keep a character strong in a game like this. Look at the GLs.

    GL’s have been around for one month, I don’t see your point.

    There’s also a variation aspect. If Darth Vader was always top tier, it would get old, just like long metas. I believe that we saw this with both Revans, and because of the game slowing down, I think we’re still seeing it with both Revans.

    Well you know I play this other game and they update older characters who are trash so they can become more usable in game. Not just usable, but some of the better characters in the game.

    Sure, but my argument here was that it gets old.

    I think that having a better Vader would be great, could make Empire more fun. But on these forums, I try and play devil’s advocate to attempt to explain why CG does what they do. Ultimately, in this situation, everyone has Vader very early on. If they make him too good on his own, then balance starts to break. Also, reworking characters is probably not a big money maker, especially since you hardly have to try to get Vader 7*.

    Personally, I vote for a new Vader. If they master the artwork, then a Ruined Vader could look fantastic, and rise to the top as a powerful character. Really anything but Bacta Tank Vader.
    Clearly they should’ve had something planned ages ago for Vader. The amount of shards you get from achievements is enough to get him past 7 stars, that’s how I got my Vader 7*. I too would like a new Vader, but it’s not my preference as I don’t spend money on this game, so by the time I got him, he wouldn’t be as useful. And look at Rey, she’s destroyed the fun in the game for a few end game players (most of my friends despise Rey). If that’s what they do with Vader, I would be very upset, I don’t necessarily want him to be the best character in the game, just your first or second option for fighting difficult teams.

    Yeah you just described the Vader from 2018, when they reworked him the first time. I don’t see them doing that again.

    He didn’t ruin the fun, if you felt your fun was ruined the for what I know you were the minority. I had plenty of fun during that time, it was pretty short lived compared to other metas.

    Try something else with him, Vader still has his place around.

    zu5nj7r4uxu8.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.