Vader rework, please!

2Next

Replies

  • Ggdjqjchsabjdj
    124 posts Member
    edited May 21
    Jarvind wrote: »
    All vader gets from wat is attacks ignoring defense

    Are we pretending that "ignoring 100% of defense" isn't huge? Ignoring most or all of the target's defense is half the reason Sith Empire teams hit as hard as they do. Also the weapon tech gives 15% TM every enemy turn and Wat provides healing plus dots to beef up the saber toss, so that isn't "all he's getting."


    val3nt1n0 wrote: »
    We need a pre-suit Vader! The height of his power! I’ve always wanted a dark side Anakin, or Anakin Skywalker (Fallen), in the game... Would have a lot more value compared to the release of General Skywalker. General Skywalker could have just been the rework of Jedi Knight Anakin. They are about the same.

    I wouldn't count on this. Pre-suit Darth Vader has what, like 10 minutes of actual screen time? There's so little to go on for them to base a kit around that I just don't see it happening.

    Well pre-suit Vader is just a more beefy Anakin, I think there should be enough to base a kit on. How did they base a kit on Bistan? I didn’t even see him in the movie. I think they should have enough to go on.
    10 minutes of him duelling Obi-Wan. You can definitely base a kit off of that.
    May the force be with you.
  • If you want to bring lore into it, lets at least stick to canon. Vader couldn't kill the Fulcrum version of Ahsoka, and she's pretty worthless in this game, so Vader being in the same worthless zip code is fine.
  • If you want to bring lore into it, lets at least stick to canon. Vader couldn't kill the Fulcrum version of Ahsoka, and she's pretty worthless in this game, so Vader being in the same worthless zip code is fine.

    If we’re going there then we can say him killing Palpatine should make him equal to GL Rey.
    May the force be with you.
  • Kyno
    23504 posts Moderator
    If you want to bring lore into it, lets at least stick to canon. Vader couldn't kill the Fulcrum version of Ahsoka, and she's pretty worthless in this game, so Vader being in the same worthless zip code is fine.

    If we’re going there then we can say him killing Palpatine should make him equal to GL Rey.

    or on the same level as mace since he would have killed him had anakin not stepped in........oh wait..... :wink:
  • Kyno wrote: »
    If you want to bring lore into it, lets at least stick to canon. Vader couldn't kill the Fulcrum version of Ahsoka, and she's pretty worthless in this game, so Vader being in the same worthless zip code is fine.

    If we’re going there then we can say him killing Palpatine should make him equal to GL Rey.

    or on the same level as mace since he would have killed him had anakin not stepped in........oh wait..... :wink:

    I was about to say something but the I remembered, Anakin is Vader...
    May the force be with you.
  • Maybe, or Palpy let himself be “killed” to plot more and get away from all those youngsters coming up.
    HUTT TANK: YOU HAVE TO BRIBE WITH CRYSTALS TO PASS MY TAUNT!!!
  • LordDirt
    1301 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    All vader gets from wat is attacks ignoring defense

    Are we pretending that "ignoring 100% of defense" isn't huge? Ignoring most or all of the target's defense is half the reason Sith Empire teams hit as hard as they do. Also the weapon tech gives 15% TM every enemy turn and Wat provides healing plus dots to beef up the saber toss, so that isn't "all he's getting."


    val3nt1n0 wrote: »
    We need a pre-suit Vader! The height of his power! I’ve always wanted a dark side Anakin, or Anakin Skywalker (Fallen), in the game... Would have a lot more value compared to the release of General Skywalker. General Skywalker could have just been the rework of Jedi Knight Anakin. They are about the same.

    I wouldn't count on this. Pre-suit Darth Vader has what, like 10 minutes of actual screen time? There's so little to go on for them to base a kit around that I just don't see it happening.

    Well pre-suit Vader is just a more beefy Anakin, I think there should be enough to base a kit on. How did they base a kit on Bistan? I didn’t even see him in the movie. I think they should have enough to go on.
    10 minutes of him duelling Obi-Wan. You can definitely base a kit off of that.

    Plenty of characters without much screen time or game time that they have made kits of. Anakin Skywalker Fallen or Young Darth Vader could be easy to make.

  • Jarvind wrote: »
    All vader gets from wat is attacks ignoring defense

    Are we pretending that "ignoring 100% of defense" isn't huge? Ignoring most or all of the target's defense is half the reason Sith Empire teams hit as hard as they do. Also the weapon tech gives 15% TM every enemy turn and Wat provides healing plus dots to beef up the saber toss, so that isn't "all he's getting."


    val3nt1n0 wrote: »
    We need a pre-suit Vader! The height of his power! I’ve always wanted a dark side Anakin, or Anakin Skywalker (Fallen), in the game... Would have a lot more value compared to the release of General Skywalker. General Skywalker could have just been the rework of Jedi Knight Anakin. They are about the same.

    I wouldn't count on this. Pre-suit Darth Vader has what, like 10 minutes of actual screen time? There's so little to go on for them to base a kit around that I just don't see it happening.

    I already said he gains bonus turn meter in that post.

    That is still more screen time than shore trooper, resistance trooper and pilot, brood never existed, arc trooper that had a turret never existed, greedo was there for what a minute? We can go on and on about how many characters in game had less screen time than pre-suit vader, but that never stopped CG from adding characters.
  • Again this game is based on teams, not just 1 character, there is not a single game mode that requires anyone to use a character in a 1vs1, so I dont see the problem of you needing a second character to make a good character great.

    They are not "some random jedi" Hyoda is an amazing character and if you think he isn't a strong character that makes you sound like a clown, those "trash g9 jedis" had 50% more offense, defense, tenacity, and potency. They recovered 15% health and protection each time Hyoda does basic attack, and they were keep getting their health equalized and healed know top of that. Put all of that together and yeah they were more stronger than ur vader, take out Hyoda and put in any other random gear 9 galactic republic jedi and you would have won the match.

    If we do a Darth revan mirror match but remove Darth revan from one team and replace it with a different sith leader the team with darth revan wins every time, even tho you both have 4 of the same strongest characters, on the other hand in the video I showed you, he is using a palpatine lead, FO officer, vader, shore trooper and wat, in this team there is only 1 really strong character there and that is wat, that means with 4 tier b and c characters you are able to kill a tier A team with 5 extremely strong team, and all of that is happening because of wat and vader. If a "C tier character" can kill an S tier team than that character is a good character.

    Again if you're team revolves around debuffs than you don't take that team against teams that have cleansing abilities, it is a strategy game after all.(well unless you're team is just OP like GL's)

    Put raid han against a traya team and he will killhimslef in 3 turns.

    In top 100 of my shard arena there are only GAS, GL, and Darth revan. So JKR, CLS, geos, GG and all other teams are not useful because they are not in the top 100 teams?

    Should vader be able to school all these wanta be jedi and Sith? Hell yeah. Should mace windu just go town on all the Sith with his shatterpoint? Hell yeah. But game is not based around canon, so that may never happen. I'm with you I agree that they should be way more powerful, but vader isn't useless like mace windu. Put mace windu with 4 other strongest jedi, and mace will still hit like a noodle, at lost vader can do something and kill some teams even without wat
  • Welp. Just did my first GA battle of this round. My opponent put some trash jedi on defense.
    vcwa72so8cgo.jpg
    I decided it'd be funny to 1v3 a trash team with my Vader. For reference my Vader is g12. The jedi I fought were hoda, gear 9, Plo, gear 9 and Mace, gear 8. And what do you know, my Vader lost...
    cv8ku0zwo0k6.jpg
    So I thought this would be the perfect time to say that with the ESB anniversary tomorrow, why not have a Vader rework, so he doesn't die to things such as this... truly disappointed by Vader's incompetence at killing Jedi, the main thing he wanted to do.

    You do realize that was a hermit yoda right? What chane you think u had with a Vader at gear 12? My vader is relic 3 and hits like a truck, takes out most teams, and at relic 7 it can kill a full health malak with 1 shot, so no you just have him moded poorly and under geared, if anyone should get a rework that is mace windu

    You are 100% right with this ^. Further, all the people Vader-hating are complaining about his weak offense (except with multi-debuffed culling blade).

    1. This Vader's roll is to support a zEP lead.
    2. No one uses his lead, which the OP did, violating principle 1. The 9 debuffs that could've landed were the value of Vader pre-BSF.
    3. Also, I'm not sure why you think CD and CC is the way to go on Vader. Had you modded him for offense potency speed and health and not used culling blade you probably would've won. Just let the dots and speed down kill them. Keep ability block on Mace.

    You pressed auto play, didn't you?
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    All vader gets from wat is attacks ignoring defense

    Are we pretending that "ignoring 100% of defense" isn't huge? Ignoring most or all of the target's defense is half the reason Sith Empire teams hit as hard as they do. Also the weapon tech gives 15% TM every enemy turn and Wat provides healing plus dots to beef up the saber toss, so that isn't "all he's getting."


    val3nt1n0 wrote: »
    We need a pre-suit Vader! The height of his power! I’ve always wanted a dark side Anakin, or Anakin Skywalker (Fallen), in the game... Would have a lot more value compared to the release of General Skywalker. General Skywalker could have just been the rework of Jedi Knight Anakin. They are about the same.

    I wouldn't count on this. Pre-suit Darth Vader has what, like 10 minutes of actual screen time? There's so little to go on for them to base a kit around that I just don't see it happening.

    "Movie" screen-time. This game pulls from all sources. They could
  • In homage to your loss
    This NPC G12 Vader really pawns my Jedi. Makes me wonder the value of God's
  • Why on earth would we want a Pre-Suit Vader, and why would that be the height of his power?

    Lets look at what he actually accomplished in that day of being "Fallen-Anakin"

    1. Killed a bunch of little kids.
    2. Beat up his wife.
    3. Got his **** handed to him at 22 by a 38 year old Obi-Wan.

    I wouldn't brag about this being the height of his power, lol.

    If anything Rebels showed him to be the height of his power.
    His piloting was unbelievably good.
    And Ahsoka was probably the toughest sword fight he'd had in a long time & he came out on top.
  • Tragamite1 wrote: »
    What about a different version of Vader? Rogue one Vader perhaps? Rebels Vader perhaps? Or retooling Vader to incorporate all the skills we see him use throughout the sagas

    My vote is for Blues Harp Vader.

    grkwdjv7ragp.jpg
  • Phoenixeon
    1180 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    iuelizgu9u55.jpg

    Better not destroy my team.

    You should stick Boba in there. More dots, more damage, more debuffs.

    Boba is in BH team.
  • Welp. Just did my first GA battle of this round. My opponent put some trash jedi on defense.
    vcwa72so8cgo.jpg
    I decided it'd be funny to 1v3 a trash team with my Vader. For reference my Vader is g12. The jedi I fought were hoda, gear 9, Plo, gear 9 and Mace, gear 8. And what do you know, my Vader lost...
    cv8ku0zwo0k6.jpg
    So I thought this would be the perfect time to say that with the ESB anniversary tomorrow, why not have a Vader rework, so he doesn't die to things such as this... truly disappointed by Vader's incompetence at killing Jedi, the main thing he wanted to do.

    You do realize that was a hermit yoda right? What chane you think u had with a Vader at gear 12? My vader is relic 3 and hits like a truck, takes out most teams, and at relic 7 it can kill a full health malak with 1 shot, so no you just have him moded poorly and under geared, if anyone should get a rework that is mace windu

    You are 100% right with this ^. Further, all the people Vader-hating are complaining about his weak offense (except with multi-debuffed culling blade).

    1. This Vader's roll is to support a zEP lead.
    2. No one uses his lead, which the OP did, violating principle 1. The 9 debuffs that could've landed were the value of Vader pre-BSF.
    3. Also, I'm not sure why you think CD and CC is the way to go on Vader. Had you modded him for offense potency speed and health and not used culling blade you probably would've won. Just let the dots and speed down kill them. Keep ability block on Mace.

    You pressed auto play, didn't you?

    I actually didn’t have CD and CC miss in him. Checked yesterday and he has a health and potency set.
    c03ovnr2zqsn.png
    ryckrkqvhrhk.png
    wb69n577c48f.png
    o8lp3jmhnvsq.png

    Auto-play? Why would I press auto-play? I actually wanted to enjoy this intense battle. Keep ability block on Mace Windu? Is that really the way to go about it? Vader has no buffs, Mace’s special doesn’t do much more damage than his basic. I did ability block him when I knew he had a special coming, but that was just because I was more scared of Plo Koon. Just let the dots and speed down kill them. Hmmm, I wonder how long that would take. It’s not like Culling Blade can one shot characters like the other guy said. Hmm... maybe I just shouldn’t ever use it. Clearly the DOTs can quickly kill some gear 8/9 characters, so there’s no need for Culling Blade... why would I waste my zEP on this team? There are other teams in a GA you know, it’s not one team and that’s it. There was a g12 BH team who I was going to him for. And if all Vader is here for is supporting zEP, then he isn’t exactly useful, is he? Take someone like BSF, you can use her in a DR team, as she helps a lot, but you can use her in other Sith teams. Her primary role is a support character, but she is the one doing the most damage on these teams. Like the other dude said, take BSF out of a DR team, and what will they do? Take Vader out of a zEP team and not much will change. Maybe a little less damage, but it will still work in the same places. I’m not complaining about his weak offense, I’m not complaining about his stats, I’m complaining about his abilities, his leader is trash, basic why can’t it be a 100% chance? The only good ability he had is Culling Blade, maybe to a stretch Force Crush Wow, his unique would give him 24 extra speed in this battle, not like that makes much of a difference when I’m facing characters who have less than 130 speed. This goes back to your previous DOTs point. If these characters have 130 speed,they aren’t going to be taking many turns, and so the DOTs will not apply as often, so less damage.

    And for the other guy, 50% offense and defense. They’re gear 9 characters. 50% is not going to do much or anything. I’d like to see you use these same three characters, at the same gear level and try and take out a Boba Fett at g12. You probably won’t even get him to use BH Resolve, will you? 15% health and protection? It’s 10% health, 5% protection. Vader will be dealing more than that with his basic. Yes Hyoda is a good character, but he can not suddenly make to trash Jedi characters into Vader killing machines. That’s just not going to happen. I’ve got a g11 JKR team, so theoretically if I wasn’t able to beat a g12/13 character, like Revan (3v1) let’s say for the sake of the argument, that if I take out Jolee, and sub in Hyoda, then I will win? I don’t think so. That’s g11 characters, not even g9. Put a g9 JKR team 3v1 against a DR and they will lose with or without Hyoda. Hyoda does make them deal more damage, and take less, but he can not change the outcome of this battle by that much. With that 50% offense, mace goes to about 2k offense. My Vader has 43.1% armour, so that 2k offense will be mitigated quite a bit. My g13 GG has about 46% armour, and a g13 Malak only deals about 10-20k damage on a basic. These Malaks have upwards of 6k offense. So if you’re saying a Mace Windu dealing 1-2k damage to my ~90k Vader should win any day of the week, then that’s just poor from Vader. G12 Maul could beat that team, g12 Sion, Nihilus, nearly all the other Sith could beat that team, but Vader couldn’t, what does that say about him? He’s less than B-C grade characters, that’s not what I would want from someone like Vader. Darth Vader. All this talk about g13 relic 7 Vader killing Malak, but are we saying the only way to make Vader good and be able to kill g13 Malaks is to relic 7 him? So many other characters don’t need to be relic’d to be good. Shaak Ti, Geos, Grievous isn’t bad, DR, JKR, etc. Not many people have relic 7 characters, the highest I have is a relic 4. It’s an exclusive club. Not many people want to relic 7 a Vader, because he doesn’t have many uses in game. That’s what I’m trying to get out of this. I want hi. To be an A grade character so he can do what other characters like Nihilus, Sion etc can do. Do you not want that? I’m not going to argue about this forever, because I know that you know Vader isn’t that good. Sure he can do one or two things, but there are better options. That’s why you don’t see a zEP team in Arena anymore, unless you’re really far down in arena.

    So in conclusion, I understand your points, but I have mine. I know what a Vader can do, but of course we have much more reliable options. I just want Vader to be that character that when you see a tough team, like a GL, you say “Hey, I’m going to use a Vader team!” And it wins maybe 80-90% of the time. That’s all I want. I don’t necessarily want him to be the best character in the game, just a top 7. Right now on most people’s ranking he’s sitting top 40/50, but I want him to be higher, so do a lot of other people. If you don’t want that, then go right ahead, tell me why Vader is an amazing character who has so many uses. I shouldn’t be sleeping on him because he can do anything! No, that’s not the case with Vader, I can’t use him like BSF per say, because he’s not that viable. Go right ahead, trash talk my strategies and my mods, but it’s just a facade. Deep down you know Vader isn’t that good, but you’re trying to cover it up by saying it’s my fault that I lost. All I want is for Vader to be a number one or two option when fighting a really difficult team. Why would I want a rework otherwise. If he really was a good character, there wouldn’t be as many people as there are saying that’s he needs a rework, but there are.


    May the force be with you.
  • Why on earth would we want a Pre-Suit Vader, and why would that be the height of his power?

    Lets look at what he actually accomplished in that day of being "Fallen-Anakin"

    1. Killed a bunch of little kids.
    2. Beat up his wife.
    3. Got his **** handed to him at 22 by a 38 year old Obi-Wan.

    I wouldn't brag about this being the height of his power, lol.

    If anything Rebels showed him to be the height of his power.
    His piloting was unbelievably good.
    And Ahsoka was probably the toughest sword fight he'd had in a long time & he came out on top.

    Hmm, the only reason Obi-Wan won is because Vader made a stupid decision. If you studied the fight more intently you would see that Obi-Wan was scared for his life, he was constantly on the defensive. There are videos on it, so I’m not going into any real detail. If Vader didn’t do what he did, he was going to win, Obi-Wan knew it. I believe Palpatine himself said that that was the most powerful version of Vader. Suit Vader was weakened, not only by his limbs being chopped off, but the suit itself. Pre-suit Vader was able to obliterate the Jedi temple as you saw in ROTS. So yes, pre-suit Vader was the height of his power, there are many sources which state that.
    May the force be with you.
  • First of all, CG has come to the conclusion that they want to make new characters and not rework old ones because they won't make as much money from it.

    I want vader, jedi Luke, emperor palpatine, mace windu, general kenobi, grand master yoda, boba fett, han solo and the sky guy to be in the top 10 powerful characters in this game but that won't happen because their time came and gone and the power creep has only been becoming bigger and bigger by each new character introduced to the game. In my opinion power creep became extremely real after JKR and it has gotten worse since then. I just don't see this CG to ever bring up old characters to be as good as new ones anymore, or they would require you to have to buy a new character to make those characters better. We went from characters having 1 sentence of info per ability to 3 paragraphs per ability.

    I reliced my vader before I reliced my JKR and I'm extremely happy about it, it has won me multiple GAC because people don't expect anything from vader and throw in a B tier or C tier team and get demolished go0vwfru4a48.jpg
    And you get results like this7ns1o02k03j2.jpg

    Plus soon enough relic 7 will become obsolete and there will be a new pay wall to get to a better gear lvl or better mod, if you don't believe me just look at their q&a for their response on light side geo difficulty.
  • First of all, CG has come to the conclusion that they want to make new characters and not rework old ones because they won't make as much money from it.

    I want vader, jedi Luke, emperor palpatine, mace windu, general kenobi, grand master yoda, boba fett, han solo and the sky guy to be in the top 10 powerful characters in this game but that won't happen because their time came and gone and the power creep has only been becoming bigger and bigger by each new character introduced to the game. In my opinion power creep became extremely real after JKR and it has gotten worse since then. I just don't see this CG to ever bring up old characters to be as good as new ones anymore, or they would require you to have to buy a new character to make those characters better. We went from characters having 1 sentence of info per ability to 3 paragraphs per ability.

    I reliced my vader before I reliced my JKR and I'm extremely happy about it, it has won me multiple GAC because people don't expect anything from vader and throw in a B tier or C tier team and get demolished go0vwfru4a48.jpg
    And you get results like this7ns1o02k03j2.jpg

    Plus soon enough relic 7 will become obsolete and there will be a new pay wall to get to a better gear lvl or better mod, if you don't believe me just look at their q&a for their response on light side geo difficulty.

    Yeah, they won’t rework him. But they will rework Mace, that’s the only thing I’m looking forward to. And with that GA defense you set, I think the only reason it held 4 battles is because your opponent clearly does not seem very skilled at the game. If I come up against a team like that I will just chuck in a dodgy Bastila lead team. Usually Bastila, Ezra and Hyoda. 150% tenacity goes a long way. That team is like a C tier team and it wins all the time. They’re only g11 and they take out some g12/13 teams. Normally zEP, Vader and Tarkin, sometimes chuck in a BSF. I don’t come across them often. If they can’t or won’t rework Vader, then they will definitely give us a new and improved Vader, who will hopefully be as viable as JKR still is today, it’s been what, 2 years since JKR has been released and he’s still one of the top 5 teams in the game. That’s what I want for Vader.
    May the force be with you.
  • Mephisto_style
    4175 posts Member
    edited May 22
    Welp. Just did my first GA battle of this round. My opponent put some trash jedi on defense.
    vcwa72so8cgo.jpg
    I decided it'd be funny to 1v3 a trash team with my Vader. For reference my Vader is g12. The jedi I fought were hoda, gear 9, Plo, gear 9 and Mace, gear 8. And what do you know, my Vader lost...
    cv8ku0zwo0k6.jpg
    So I thought this would be the perfect time to say that with the ESB anniversary tomorrow, why not have a Vader rework, so he doesn't die to things such as this... truly disappointed by Vader's incompetence at killing Jedi, the main thing he wanted to do.

    You do realize that was a hermit yoda right? What chane you think u had with a Vader at gear 12? My vader is relic 3 and hits like a truck, takes out most teams, and at relic 7 it can kill a full health malak with 1 shot, so no you just have him moded poorly and under geared, if anyone should get a rework that is mace windu

    You are 100% right with this ^. Further, all the people Vader-hating are complaining about his weak offense (except with multi-debuffed culling blade).

    1. This Vader's roll is to support a zEP lead.
    2. No one uses his lead, which the OP did, violating principle 1. The 9 debuffs that could've landed were the value of Vader pre-BSF.
    3. Also, I'm not sure why you think CD and CC is the way to go on Vader. Had you modded him for offense potency speed and health and not used culling blade you probably would've won. Just let the dots and speed down kill them. Keep ability block on Mace.

    You pressed auto play, didn't you?

    I actually didn’t have CD and CC miss in him. Checked yesterday and he has a health and potency set.
    c03ovnr2zqsn.png
    ryckrkqvhrhk.png
    wb69n577c48f.png
    o8lp3jmhnvsq.png

    Auto-play? Why would I press auto-play? I actually wanted to enjoy this intense battle. Keep ability block on Mace Windu? Is that really the way to go about it? Vader has no buffs, Mace’s special doesn’t do much more damage than his basic. I did ability block him when I knew he had a special coming, but that was just because I was more scared of Plo Koon. Just let the dots and speed down kill them. Hmmm, I wonder how long that would take. It’s not like Culling Blade can one shot characters like the other guy said. Hmm... maybe I just shouldn’t ever use it. Clearly the DOTs can quickly kill some gear 8/9 characters, so there’s no need for Culling Blade... why would I waste my zEP on this team? There are other teams in a GA you know, it’s not one team and that’s it. There was a g12 BH team who I was going to him for. And if all Vader is here for is supporting zEP, then he isn’t exactly useful, is he? Take someone like BSF, you can use her in a DR team, as she helps a lot, but you can use her in other Sith teams. Her primary role is a support character, but she is the one doing the most damage on these teams. Like the other dude said, take BSF out of a DR team, and what will they do? Take Vader out of a zEP team and not much will change. Maybe a little less damage, but it will still work in the same places. I’m not complaining about his weak offense, I’m not complaining about his stats, I’m complaining about his abilities, his leader is trash, basic why can’t it be a 100% chance? The only good ability he had is Culling Blade, maybe to a stretch Force Crush Wow, his unique would give him 24 extra speed in this battle, not like that makes much of a difference when I’m facing characters who have less than 130 speed. This goes back to your previous DOTs point. If these characters have 130 speed,they aren’t going to be taking many turns, and so the DOTs will not apply as often, so less damage.

    And for the other guy, 50% offense and defense. They’re gear 9 characters. 50% is not going to do much or anything. I’d like to see you use these same three characters, at the same gear level and try and take out a Boba Fett at g12. You probably won’t even get him to use BH Resolve, will you? 15% health and protection? It’s 10% health, 5% protection. Vader will be dealing more than that with his basic. Yes Hyoda is a good character, but he can not suddenly make to trash Jedi characters into Vader killing machines. That’s just not going to happen. I’ve got a g11 JKR team, so theoretically if I wasn’t able to beat a g12/13 character, like Revan (3v1) let’s say for the sake of the argument, that if I take out Jolee, and sub in Hyoda, then I will win? I don’t think so. That’s g11 characters, not even g9. Put a g9 JKR team 3v1 against a DR and they will lose with or without Hyoda. Hyoda does make them deal more damage, and take less, but he can not change the outcome of this battle by that much. With that 50% offense, mace goes to about 2k offense. My Vader has 43.1% armour, so that 2k offense will be mitigated quite a bit. My g13 GG has about 46% armour, and a g13 Malak only deals about 10-20k damage on a basic. These Malaks have upwards of 6k offense. So if you’re saying a Mace Windu dealing 1-2k damage to my ~90k Vader should win any day of the week, then that’s just poor from Vader. G12 Maul could beat that team, g12 Sion, Nihilus, nearly all the other Sith could beat that team, but Vader couldn’t, what does that say about him? He’s less than B-C grade characters, that’s not what I would want from someone like Vader. Darth Vader. All this talk about g13 relic 7 Vader killing Malak, but are we saying the only way to make Vader good and be able to kill g13 Malaks is to relic 7 him? So many other characters don’t need to be relic’d to be good. Shaak Ti, Geos, Grievous isn’t bad, DR, JKR, etc. Not many people have relic 7 characters, the highest I have is a relic 4. It’s an exclusive club. Not many people want to relic 7 a Vader, because he doesn’t have many uses in game. That’s what I’m trying to get out of this. I want hi. To be an A grade character so he can do what other characters like Nihilus, Sion etc can do. Do you not want that? I’m not going to argue about this forever, because I know that you know Vader isn’t that good. Sure he can do one or two things, but there are better options. That’s why you don’t see a zEP team in Arena anymore, unless you’re really far down in arena.

    So in conclusion, I understand your points, but I have mine. I know what a Vader can do, but of course we have much more reliable options. I just want Vader to be that character that when you see a tough team, like a GL, you say “Hey, I’m going to use a Vader team!” And it wins maybe 80-90% of the time. That’s all I want. I don’t necessarily want him to be the best character in the game, just a top 7. Right now on most people’s ranking he’s sitting top 40/50, but I want him to be higher, so do a lot of other people. If you don’t want that, then go right ahead, tell me why Vader is an amazing character who has so many uses. I shouldn’t be sleeping on him because he can do anything! No, that’s not the case with Vader, I can’t use him like BSF per say, because he’s not that viable. Go right ahead, trash talk my strategies and my mods, but it’s just a facade. Deep down you know Vader isn’t that good, but you’re trying to cover it up by saying it’s my fault that I lost. All I want is for Vader to be a number one or two option when fighting a really difficult team. Why would I want a rework otherwise. If he really was a good character, there wouldn’t be as many people as there are saying that’s he needs a rework, but there are.


    LOL, it is your fault you lost. Ha ha ha! It is pretty hilarious you won't accept that. People want a rework because they don't think his usefulness matches his infamy. I don't care about that. I use him well all the time and my Empire team always gets 2 battles when I put it on defense in TW.

    And yes, your modding of Vader is trash. At 70% potency with a 15% base chamce to not land a denuded and assuming on a bad day those Jedi each have 20% tenacity, you are going to be lucky to land 2 debuffs on each 1 of them. You're gimping your own culling blade, and then you're not even showing your CC chance, which we all know is the 30s. You've got a CD triangle betting on a gimped culling blade that's probably not even going to crit, LOL.



  • Kyno
    23504 posts Moderator
    First of all, CG has come to the conclusion that they want to make new characters and not rework old ones because they won't make as much money from it.


    nsntbjxnsdkb.png
  • Mephisto_style
    4175 posts Member
    edited May 22
    dplx0jbhv5dx.png
    LOL, you landed 0 debuffs didn't you? z8zhr3jpksjd.png
    1 of those Jedi were at 70% tenacity at least and you had 70% potency. Your culling blade was as neutered as it gets

    And yes, you want to ability block Mace because his unique deals special damage. Mace's special damage does twice as much damage as his basic. And with Master's whatever Mace will have 50 % more offense.
    q0gj838j97q9.png
    ehnsa782k60v.png
    Oh, and if your opponent had Mace lead, which he probably did, then that attack also had 20% offense from that and 9% more crit . My G11 Mace has 4000 damage. The special would've hit you for 7000 or such damage. For G9 let's say half that. With Yoda giving that team health equalization you have about 6 turns before Mace and Plo have wittled you down with their basics and Mace's unique.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    First of all, CG has come to the conclusion that they want to make new characters and not rework old ones because they won't make as much money from it.


    nsntbjxnsdkb.png

    3ss3ru9bts5j.jpg
  • dplx0jbhv5dx.png
    LOL, you landed 0 debuffs didn't you? z8zhr3jpksjd.png
    1 of those Jedi were at 70% tenacity at least and you had 70% potency. Your culling blade was as neutered as it gets

    And yes, you want to ability block Mace because his unique deals special damage. Mace's special damage does twice as much damage as his basic. And with Master's whatever Mace will have 50 % more offense.
    q0gj838j97q9.png
    ehnsa782k60v.png
    Oh, and if your opponent had Mace lead, which he probably did, then that attack also had 20% offense from that and 9% more crit . My G11 Mace has 4000 damage. The special would've hit you for 7000 or such damage. For G9 let's say half that. With Yoda giving that team health equalization you have about 6 turns before Mace and Plo have wittled you down with their basics and Mace's unique.
    Plo’s lead. G8 special offense is just over 2k, physical is just over 1.5k. From what I remember, the special was only dealing about 1.5k damage. At that pace x 2 it would take about 20 turns. Vader lead = turn meter removal, less turns. My Vader has just over 3k offense. Dealt about 7k. That should mean that it will only take 3 turns for Plo and 3 turns for Mace, Vader has +100 more speed than both of them. I should have won. Mace’s expose = 20% of max health = 6k extra. Vader will die in 15 turns from exposes only. So really it wasn’t because of Hyoda that they won. It was mace’s shatter point. I don’t get your point.
    May the force be with you.
  • Culling blade does about 15k without debuffs.
    May the force be with you.
  • Either I'm right, you're right, or somewhere in-between and I am guessing it favors me considering you lost.

    You say you are mathematically correct yet a computer based off of math had you losing.

  • WhoDat
    23 posts Member
    edited May 22
    GL Vader is a shoo-in, so go ahead and R7 this og Vader, might as well R7 your Darth Sidious as well, there’s little to no benefit for CG to rework Vader, but CG has a lot to gain when they release GL Vader
  • Kyno
    23504 posts Moderator
    WhoDat wrote: »
    there’s little to no benefit for CG to rework Vader,
    sk8m0d16v0cm.png


  • Kyno wrote: »
    WhoDat wrote: »
    there’s little to no benefit for CG to rework Vader,
    sk8m0d16v0cm.png


    I'd put my hand in my pocket for a "Rogue One" style Vader.

    C'mon CG - get it done!!!
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    WhoDat wrote: »
    there’s little to no benefit for CG to rework Vader,
    sk8m0d16v0cm.png


    I'd put my hand in my pocket for a "Rogue One" style Vader.

    C'mon CG - get it done!!!

    Much rather have rebel vader, mhmmm soooooo goooooooooood, just watching him go in Leeroy Jenkins style on the entire rebel fleet and demolish the rebel scum! It would also be great to see him rolling out with his sith inquisitors
Sign In or Register to comment.