Vader rework, please!

13Next

Replies

  • Has Vader's ability block developed a glitch? I'm trying over and over again to beat a galactic war battle, against a squad of Ewoks (why are they all several levels higher than anyone on my squad?). Vader's ability block never works on anyone, no matter how many times I restart the battle. Pretty frustrating piece of broken tech.
  • Vulcanis wrote: »
    Has Vader's ability block developed a glitch? I'm trying over and over again to beat a galactic war battle, against a squad of Ewoks (why are they all several levels higher than anyone on my squad?). Vader's ability block never works on anyone, no matter how many times I restart the battle. Pretty frustrating piece of broken tech.
    I don't know about that. I haven't had that happen to me. Are you sure it just wasn't getting resisted?
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Vulcanis wrote: »
    Has Vader's ability block developed a glitch? I'm trying over and over again to beat a galactic war battle, against a squad of Ewoks (why are they all several levels higher than anyone on my squad?). Vader's ability block never works on anyone, no matter how many times I restart the battle. Pretty frustrating piece of broken tech.
    I don't know about that. I haven't had that happen to me. Are you sure it just wasn't getting resisted?

    I have found it strangely unreliable sometimes. My potency behind EP right now is only 100. So it's just noticeable in things like DS Geo where the tenacity is probably jacked up like the last mod battle
  • rickertron
    87 posts Member
    edited June 1
    Not sure what one can glean from one battle, where one character was shorthanded and there was a decent wild card character in Hermit Yoda involved. One G12 against 3 G8 -G9 characters is not an autowin for many G12 characters.

    Especially if there synergy's involved.

    Plus i am not sure where you get the idea that Vader is a Jedi killing Machine. He was know for being a top pilot, strong in force and master tactician. He did not kill many Jedi's if any except for Kenobi when he laid down his saber.

  • rickertron wrote: »
    Not sure what one can glean from one battle, where one character was shorthanded and there was a decent wild card character in Hermit Yoda involved. One G12 against 3 G8 -G9 characters is not an autowin for many G12 characters.

    Especially if there synergy's involved.

    Plus i am not sure where you get the idea that Vader is a Jedi killing Machine. He was know for being a top pilot, strong in force and master tactician. He did not kill many Jedi's if any except for Kenobi when he laid down his saber.
    Have you read the comics? He is the reason there were next to no Jedi alive after Order 66. If you haven’t and only watched the movies, then you would still notice that Vader killed all the Jedi in the Jedi Temple during order 66.
    To your first point, ”One G12 against 3 G8 -G9 characters is not an autowin for many G12 characters.” We are still talking about Vader, he should really be able to steamroll through those chumps.

    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • 7AnimalMother
    1980 posts Member
    edited June 1
    I always thought that the current Vader could be reworked decently with just one wee little change.

    Remove the sentence below from his lead, and add it to his unique.

    "While Darth Vader is alive, enemies immediately regain Damage Over Time for 2 turns whenever Damage Over Time expires on them."

    Boom. Vader is suddenly about 100x more useful than he currently is...
  • Vader is actually pretty decent as a toon considering how long it's been since they reworked him. He still hits (sometimes very) hard and he's got that essential role in a Palpatine squad.

    And that last bit there is sort of important. You put him in there by his lonesome, no Sith or Empire allies to boost his speed, only one rebel enemy, of course it's no surprise that you get pounded.

    I do agree that Vader could use a little touching up though. But then so could Maul, Savage, Sidious, ++
  • OrganaBen wrote: »
    Welp. Just did my first GA battle of this round. My opponent put some trash jedi on defense.
    vcwa72so8cgo.jpg
    I decided it'd be funny to 1v3 a trash team with my Vader. For reference my Vader is g12. The jedi I fought were hoda, gear 9, Plo, gear 9 and Mace, gear 8. And what do you know, my Vader lost...
    cv8ku0zwo0k6.jpg
    So I thought this would be the perfect time to say that with the ESB anniversary tomorrow, why not have a Vader rework, so he doesn't die to things such as this... truly disappointed by Vader's incompetence at killing Jedi, the main thing he wanted to do.

    You do realize that was a hermit yoda right? What chane you think u had with a Vader at gear 12? My vader is relic 3 and hits like a truck, takes out most teams, and at relic 7 it can kill a full health malak with 1 shot, so no you just have him moded poorly and under geared, if anyone should get a rework that is mace windu

    Seriously you are comparing vader with malak in this game? Haha, maybe he can hit malak 5* g6 if malak have a tons of debuffs, you must be joking if you attacking malak with vader, my Vader is relic 7 with lots of offense and critical damage, yes he can take some good characters if they have lot of debuffs but he sucks, in this game he is Vader Suxon not Darth Vader, even his ship is not good anymore, ashoka delete him before he starts engine on tie advanced. Empire characters and fleets need a lot of reworks. They have so mighty fleet in all movies, in swgoh empire fleet is worst,Vader is icon of SW, It's to sad to see how weak is he in this game, only reason for that is he is f2p character.

    Haha you clearly don't do any theory crafting or even follow proper youtubers that do the theory crafting for you, here is darth vader killing GL Rey(without ultimate) and here is Darth vader destroying relic 4 malak, get out of here with your weak vader and mod him correctly
    So no vader is a good character but a re rework would be great and a rework for empire is needed badly especially at ships.

    The only reason Vader is doing any damage is because of Wat, take Wat out of there and wat are they going to do? Die? Plus, this is a relic Vader, not many people will or already have a relic 7 Vader. If the only way to make Vader good is to relic 7 him and put Wat on his team, then he isn’t a good character. There are lots of characters out there that you don’t need relic’d and Wat to make them usable in this game. Show me a video of Vader without Wat one shotting a full health relic 4 Malak. Show me a video of a relic 1 Vader, even g12 doing what he did in the video. I don’t think that would happen, would it? That shows why Vader is not a “good” character, he is just a C grade character.

    Take out darth revan and show me how hk is going to one shot jkr, take out bastila and show me a functional Drevan team, throw gear 12 d revan vs relic 4 drevan and see who wins, so what if it needs 1 character to make him do the damage he does? Why not at his relic 7, it's like saying a gear 12 character should easily beat relic 7 character, at that point what's the point of wasting gear to relic a character?
    I ran GG at gear 12 and it cant kill a relic 4 JKR team, so why should a gear 12 vader do the same.

    All vader gets from wat is attacks ignoring defense and some extra turn meter, u call it C grade character, I call it a good character, if you don't know how to use him then don't blame the character, again what do I expect from the guy who throw vader in 3v1 against Hyoda. It's like saying look jkr is such a terrible character that it cant 3vs1 geos.
    Again vader had its moment in the meta but characters like mace windu never got a chance to be even good, so no. If there is anyone getting a rework it better be mace windu. Than empire can get it.

    I get your point, he’s not a priority, but he isn’t as good as he should or could be. I would prefer seeing a Mace rework, but since it’s the anniversary of the ESB, why not make him part of the meta? Revan is good because of his leader etc. The only reason you called Vader good is because of one ability which he solely relies on debuffs for. What if you can’t get debuffs to land, what then? Vader won’t do anything because he can’t deal as much damage as possible. Someone like HK can already deal bonkers damage to a Jedi. I have a gear 10 HK I think. I don’t have DR but my HK can do upwards of 50k if I can land a crit. GG is still usable at g12. My original post is my g12 Vader not being able to beat some g9 Jedi, so how we’ve gotten so derailed from there is amusing. GG or DR or HK would have no problem with that team, but for some odd reason Darth Vader, one of the most powerful Sith ever can’t do what an asthmatic droid can is sad. If Vader can’t beat the team I showed, that’s disappointing. Take out Bastila Fallen form a DR team and it’s still useful. Most of the time when I’m playing in Arena, Bastila doesn’t scare me. Rex gives tenacity up so she can’t apply fear. Revan’s fear goes through the tenacity up. If some debuffs land I can easily just cleanse them with Shaak Ti. Wat gives him ignoring defence. You make it sound like that’s a minuscule improvement. Do you know how much armour Malak has? Take off that tech and Vader wouldn’t nearly one shot him (he might, but that depends on if there were a lot of debuffs, A LOT. With the tech on you just need a couple debuffs and boom: 200k). For you to say that “all Vader gets from Wat is ignoring defense” makes you sound like a clown to me, as if you don’t know much about stats, such as armour and resistance, two important factors to look out for when fighting tanky characters like Malak. And let’s not talk about Turn Meter. What does what give, like an extra 15% percent? That’s a lot. A whole lot. That can influence the entire tide of the battle. More turns = more debuffs = more damage, take off that turn meter = not as many debuffs = not as much damage. Do you see how influential Wat is?
    Of course I know how to use him, it’s why he was my first g12 way back when. I used him for an entire year in my arena until I got some other, better characters. And you’re saying Hyoda can somehow make two trash gear 9 characters beat my g12 Vader? You must be absurd to think such things. Geos? How can you compare Plo Koon and Mace Windu to a team of Geos? Do you understand how insane that is? That’s just stupid, there’s no other way of saying it.
    Vader is not a “good” character. A “good” character would be someone like Raid Han. A high damage dealing character (like Vader) but doesn’t need all of these synergies to make him good. You can put him on some random team and he adds something to it. Not to long ago some people had problems with DR vs GAS. They decided to put Han in and he was needed for that team to work against GAS. Take Han out of a rebel squad, what do they become. An “eh” team. Take Vader out of a Sith team. What happens then, not much changes, there’s so many more options. How often do you see people using Vader in the top 100 in Arena. From my experience there is next to no one. Because he’s not as useful as some other characters, some characters who some of the Star Wars fan base could have no idea about (like Bastila, not a commonly used name in Star Wars conversations) are better than one of the most iconic characters in all of TV and movies. That’s crazy to think about. I’m not necessarily saying that he needs a complete overhaul. I should probably rephrase my statement to get a Vader touch-up to make him more viable as an option for months to come.

    Paragraphs man please lol.
  • Looooki
    412 posts Member
    edited June 2
    While u guys are arguing, CG is just taking in ur money and eating pop con. They don't hang here. Save all the hate for reddit
  • Vader is actually pretty decent as a toon. He still hits (sometimes very) hard and he's got that essential role in a Palpatine squad.

    And that last bit there is sort of important. You put him in there by his lonesome, no Sith or Empire allies to boost his speed, only one rebel enemy, of course it's no surprise that you get pounded.
    I just agree with ^ .
  • So it's just noticeable in things like DS Geo where the tenacity is probably jacked up like the last mod battle

    Lol I wish it were that low in DSGeo.
  • So it's just noticeable in things like DS Geo where the tenacity is probably jacked up like the last mod battle

    Lol I wish it were that low in DSGeo.

    Yeah, his ability block lands 1/10 times for me in DS Geo
  • OrganaBen wrote: »
    Welp. Just did my first GA battle of this round. My opponent put some trash jedi on defense.
    vcwa72so8cgo.jpg
    I decided it'd be funny to 1v3 a trash team with my Vader. For reference my Vader is g12. The jedi I fought were hoda, gear 9, Plo, gear 9 and Mace, gear 8. And what do you know, my Vader lost...
    cv8ku0zwo0k6.jpg
    So I thought this would be the perfect time to say that with the ESB anniversary tomorrow, why not have a Vader rework, so he doesn't die to things such as this... truly disappointed by Vader's incompetence at killing Jedi, the main thing he wanted to do.

    You do realize that was a hermit yoda right? What chane you think u had with a Vader at gear 12? My vader is relic 3 and hits like a truck, takes out most teams, and at relic 7 it can kill a full health malak with 1 shot, so no you just have him moded poorly and under geared, if anyone should get a rework that is mace windu

    Seriously you are comparing vader with malak in this game? Haha, maybe he can hit malak 5* g6 if malak have a tons of debuffs, you must be joking if you attacking malak with vader, my Vader is relic 7 with lots of offense and critical damage, yes he can take some good characters if they have lot of debuffs but he sucks, in this game he is Vader Suxon not Darth Vader, even his ship is not good anymore, ashoka delete him before he starts engine on tie advanced. Empire characters and fleets need a lot of reworks. They have so mighty fleet in all movies, in swgoh empire fleet is worst,Vader is icon of SW, It's to sad to see how weak is he in this game, only reason for that is he is f2p character.

    Haha you clearly don't do any theory crafting or even follow proper youtubers that do the theory crafting for you, here is darth vader killing GL Rey(without ultimate) and here is Darth vader destroying relic 4 malak, get out of here with your weak vader and mod him correctly
    So no vader is a good character but a re rework would be great and a rework for empire is needed badly especially at ships.

    The only reason Vader is doing any damage is because of Wat, take Wat out of there and wat are they going to do? Die? Plus, this is a relic Vader, not many people will or already have a relic 7 Vader. If the only way to make Vader good is to relic 7 him and put Wat on his team, then he isn’t a good character. There are lots of characters out there that you don’t need relic’d and Wat to make them usable in this game. Show me a video of Vader without Wat one shotting a full health relic 4 Malak. Show me a video of a relic 1 Vader, even g12 doing what he did in the video. I don’t think that would happen, would it? That shows why Vader is not a “good” character, he is just a C grade character.

    Take out darth revan and show me how hk is going to one shot jkr, take out bastila and show me a functional Drevan team, throw gear 12 d revan vs relic 4 drevan and see who wins, so what if it needs 1 character to make him do the damage he does? Why not at his relic 7, it's like saying a gear 12 character should easily beat relic 7 character, at that point what's the point of wasting gear to relic a character?
    I ran GG at gear 12 and it cant kill a relic 4 JKR team, so why should a gear 12 vader do the same.

    All vader gets from wat is attacks ignoring defense and some extra turn meter, u call it C grade character, I call it a good character, if you don't know how to use him then don't blame the character, again what do I expect from the guy who throw vader in 3v1 against Hyoda. It's like saying look jkr is such a terrible character that it cant 3vs1 geos.
    Again vader had its moment in the meta but characters like mace windu never got a chance to be even good, so no. If there is anyone getting a rework it better be mace windu. Than empire can get it.

    I get your point, he’s not a priority, but he isn’t as good as he should or could be. I would prefer seeing a Mace rework, but since it’s the anniversary of the ESB, why not make him part of the meta? Revan is good because of his leader etc. The only reason you called Vader good is because of one ability which he solely relies on debuffs for. What if you can’t get debuffs to land, what then? Vader won’t do anything because he can’t deal as much damage as possible. Someone like HK can already deal bonkers damage to a Jedi. I have a gear 10 HK I think. I don’t have DR but my HK can do upwards of 50k if I can land a crit. GG is still usable at g12. My original post is my g12 Vader not being able to beat some g9 Jedi, so how we’ve gotten so derailed from there is amusing. GG or DR or HK would have no problem with that team, but for some odd reason Darth Vader, one of the most powerful Sith ever can’t do what an asthmatic droid can is sad. If Vader can’t beat the team I showed, that’s disappointing. Take out Bastila Fallen form a DR team and it’s still useful. Most of the time when I’m playing in Arena, Bastila doesn’t scare me. Rex gives tenacity up so she can’t apply fear. Revan’s fear goes through the tenacity up. If some debuffs land I can easily just cleanse them with Shaak Ti. Wat gives him ignoring defence. You make it sound like that’s a minuscule improvement. Do you know how much armour Malak has? Take off that tech and Vader wouldn’t nearly one shot him (he might, but that depends on if there were a lot of debuffs, A LOT. With the tech on you just need a couple debuffs and boom: 200k). For you to say that “all Vader gets from Wat is ignoring defense” makes you sound like a clown to me, as if you don’t know much about stats, such as armour and resistance, two important factors to look out for when fighting tanky characters like Malak. And let’s not talk about Turn Meter. What does what give, like an extra 15% percent? That’s a lot. A whole lot. That can influence the entire tide of the battle. More turns = more debuffs = more damage, take off that turn meter = not as many debuffs = not as much damage. Do you see how influential Wat is?
    Of course I know how to use him, it’s why he was my first g12 way back when. I used him for an entire year in my arena until I got some other, better characters. And you’re saying Hyoda can somehow make two trash gear 9 characters beat my g12 Vader? You must be absurd to think such things. Geos? How can you compare Plo Koon and Mace Windu to a team of Geos? Do you understand how insane that is? That’s just stupid, there’s no other way of saying it.
    Vader is not a “good” character. A “good” character would be someone like Raid Han. A high damage dealing character (like Vader) but doesn’t need all of these synergies to make him good. You can put him on some random team and he adds something to it. Not to long ago some people had problems with DR vs GAS. They decided to put Han in and he was needed for that team to work against GAS. Take Han out of a rebel squad, what do they become. An “eh” team. Take Vader out of a Sith team. What happens then, not much changes, there’s so many more options. How often do you see people using Vader in the top 100 in Arena. From my experience there is next to no one. Because he’s not as useful as some other characters, some characters who some of the Star Wars fan base could have no idea about (like Bastila, not a commonly used name in Star Wars conversations) are better than one of the most iconic characters in all of TV and movies. That’s crazy to think about. I’m not necessarily saying that he needs a complete overhaul. I should probably rephrase my statement to get a Vader touch-up to make him more viable as an option for months to come.

    Paragraphs man please lol.

    Is that all you have to say? If so, then don’t bother commenting.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Looooki wrote: »
    While u guys are arguing, CG is just taking in ur money and eating pop con. They don't hang here. Save all the hate for reddit

    Jokes on you, I’ve spent no money!
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • So it's just noticeable in things like DS Geo where the tenacity is probably jacked up like the last mod battle

    Lol I wish it were that low in DSGeo.

    Yeah, his ability block lands 1/10 times for me in DS Geo

    For me it’s more like 1/3 is an ability block. You sure you have good potency on Vader?
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • So it's just noticeable in things like DS Geo where the tenacity is probably jacked up like the last mod battle

    Lol I wish it were that low in DSGeo.

    Yeah, his ability block lands 1/10 times for me in DS Geo

    For me it’s more like 1/3 is an ability block. You sure you have good potency on Vader?
    So it's just noticeable in things like DS Geo where the tenacity is probably jacked up like the last mod battle

    Lol I wish it were that low in DSGeo.

    Yeah, his ability block lands 1/10 times for me in DS Geo

    For me it’s more like 1/3 is an ability block. You sure you have good potency on Vader?

    Same my Vader's debuffs land more often that not. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that anyone who doesn't have a potency cross on their Vader is doing it wrong.
  • Yes.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • rickertron wrote: »
    Not sure what one can glean from one battle, where one character was shorthanded and there was a decent wild card character in Hermit Yoda involved. One G12 against 3 G8 -G9 characters is not an autowin for many G12 characters.

    Especially if there synergy's involved.

    Plus i am not sure where you get the idea that Vader is a Jedi killing Machine. He was know for being a top pilot, strong in force and master tactician. He did not kill many Jedi's if any except for Kenobi when he laid down his saber.
    Have you read the comics? He is the reason there were next to no Jedi alive after Order 66. If you haven’t and only watched the movies, then you would still notice that Vader killed all the Jedi in the Jedi Temple during order 66.
    To your first point, ”One G12 against 3 G8 -G9 characters is not an autowin for many G12 characters.” We are still talking about Vader, he should really be able to steamroll through those chumps.

    Yes, he absolutely should. But this game isn't entirely good at representing the power of characters from a lore-perspective.

    I mean you could stick GMY, Vader, Palpatine, Traya, and Grievous all in one team and goddamn Kylie would still walk all over them.
Sign In or Register to comment.