Y-Wing droprate

14567810Next

Replies

• That's rough and definitely sucks
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    1299 for the pack bro - best to get it with just one shard drop. Might just get lucky...
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    So if you buy £/$10 on lottery tickets, you would demand the lottery people to give you anything if you won nothing?

• My last 450 crystals netted me 5 shards. including the rest of my attempts today, I scored 9 shards, I think. It was terrible. Ugh. I started out above 20% drop (actually it was all the way up at 24%) on a 10 energy node for 24 hours. It was consistently downhill from there. Ended up with barely over 16%. Last two days I couldn't get 15% for the full day.
  • khdelboy wrote: »
    So if you buy £/$10 on lottery tickets, you would demand the lottery people to give you anything if you won nothing?

If I believe they changed the odds, yes.
  • Looooki wrote: »
    1299 for the pack bro - best to get it with just one shard drop. Might just get lucky...
    Started w/1341 crystals, so it wasn't that I didn't spend the $$$...

• Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Well, this Galactic Chase is the absolute worst one by far....I was able to spend crystals to get the past chase ships to 5*.....I still spent that amount and unlocked with 2 extra shards...2. I really hope they reevaluate the drop rates for the next chase. This "Can unlock unless you spend crystals" is not fun.

Maybe my maths is wrong, but I don’t think any Chase ship before this one has been unlockable without spending at least some crystals?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Well, this Galactic Chase is the absolute worst one by far....I was able to spend crystals to get the past chase ships to 5*.....I still spent that amount and unlocked with 2 extra shards...2. I really hope they reevaluate the drop rates for the next chase. This "Can unlock unless you spend crystals" is not fun.

Maybe my maths is wrong, but I don’t think any Chase ship before this one has been unlockable without spending at least some crystals?

correct, unlock always needed some refresh, and the next star was doable within a reasonable cost.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

correct, unlock always needed some refresh, and the next star was doable within a reasonable cost.

Stand corrected, but some refresh is still way better then all the 50's and 100's just to unlock. When I first heard it was a galactic chase, I was expecting it be like the others....just CG being CG.....

I expected it to be different, but still cost roughly the same. I think we can all agree that the first runs were balanced off how many crystals it would take you to get to "X" mark.

overall I think the drop rate on this event was still cheaper than shards from the store, which is odd, everything is always decreasing cost as they move through the cadence.
  • Bigeasy
    17 posts Member
    Bitter sweet. I was lucky to unlock on the last day spending 450 crystals in fleet each day. I have the y wing fully maxed and running with g11 bistan andg12 falcon under g12 ackbar. Very underwhelming. Both negotiators and malevolence blows is out of the water in 3 turns. My normal rebel fleet of bistan, Biggs, falcon still takes first daily against 6* negotiators but can't with ywing in the lineup.
  • But that’s a 4* y wing, right? Might be different at 7*?
  • Final Tally.

56 Shards
    3248 Energy Spent
    Drop Rate = 1.72%

1wrarx0gexal.png
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    @Schwartzring that's not how drop rates work, Boss.

Your drop rate was actually:

56/298 = 18.79%
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Schwartzring that's not how drop rates work, Boss.

56/298 = 18.79%

@Vendi1983 for the Galactic Chase events it is based on shards per energy, not attempts.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @Schwartzring that's not how drop rates work, Boss.

56/298 = 18.79%
    Oh man, the boss is going to fire you so bad!
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Ok sure.
  • Schwartzring
    1418 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Its not skewed at all, & to put it like you did at # of Sims is completely inaccurate since each Sim is worth a different # of energy & has a different projected drop rate.

Anyone reading the boards knows that they stated their drop rate was lowered from 4% to 2%.
    I averaged 1.72% over 5 days.

Say its "Only" .28 is deflating how much that actually represents when the average is 2.00%
    With nearly 300 sims as my data set I was off the average by 14%.

To put that into the normal node 1/3 drop rates..... It would be like saying I pulled 86 / 300.
    Which is like saying I pulled an average of 28.66% instead of 33.33%

300 sims isn't the largest sample, but its decent sized & it was clearly not smack in the middle of the bell curve.
    But we aren't talking a single day here, it was 5 days w/ 3 full refreshes with all of that being into the data set & not just a single 5 cap sim.

Nor was I complaining. I just stated that is where I ended up.

Complaining is when I point out that CG's little change means to unlock this ship it costs 50% more Crystals than in Previous Galactic Chase's.
    And a MUCH bigger jump if you actually want to get it at 5* like people have previously.
  • Bigeasy wrote: »
    Bitter sweet. I was lucky to unlock on the last day spending 450 crystals in fleet each day. I have the y wing fully maxed and running with g11 bistan andg12 falcon under g12 ackbar. Very underwhelming. Both negotiators and malevolence blows is out of the water in 3 turns. My normal rebel fleet of bistan, Biggs, falcon still takes first daily against 6* negotiators but can't with ywing in the lineup.

I'm in a lot younger fleet. Mines only level 65, so 5800gp. I brought it off the bench when the HT was taunting with a bunch of extra protection. Shield disruption worked and they blew him out of the water. Then three basic attacks took out the opponents HT. It was just mop up from there.

Point being, until you can seven star it, bring it off the bench to nueter a tank. It won't last long starting, but can fill a role off the bench for now.