Y-Wing droprate

Replies

• Lynora
    102 posts Member
    Options
    I've gotten 12 so far and spent about 500 energy in hard nodes.
  • MasterSeedy
    5039 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @Lynora

25 attempts @ 20 energy each (for a hard node) yields 25 *0.4 = 10, so you're doing fine.

===========
    Separately, for anyone collating the data from this thread, I just made 49 more attempts and got 10 more shards. Rate = 0.02041 per energy spent

was 18/78 (these first 78 attempts were reported in a previous comment, so don't double count them!)

Current status: 28/ 127 (all attempts on 10-energy node, Fleet 2-E, normal) Rate = 0.02205 per energy spent

Regressing to the mean after that great 0.024 per energy start. More evidence of 0.02 per energy drop rate.
    Post edited by MasterSeedy on
  • TaTaKaS
    167 posts Member
    Options
    600 energy for 13 blueprints...

2,16% per energy...

• Options
    Lynora wrote: »
    I've gotten 12 so far and spent about 500 energy in hard nodes.

2.4%

Way below the previous GalChase.

But above what we are thinking today is at.
  • Schwartzring
    1425 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    kirtar wrote: »
    This is more or less in line with what I found in my post on the previous page. The amount of shards you get off the regen is the same, though the daily collection accounts for a little difference. The big change is on refreshes since you need about twice the number of refreshes to get a given number of shards. While the refreshes do start at a lower cost, they end up costing more after 100 crystals (1 cantina vs 2 current fleet) because costs increase exponentially. For example, using a 3x100 cantina, you'd need 3x50 and 3x100 for a 300 vs 450 crystal cost to be equivalent expected shards.

Yeah, It was your post that got me interested in looking into it.

End result is, spending crystals is a loose/loose for this GalChase.

You spend more & get less over all.

I think this ship was a great idea but now its disappointing to realize that I won't even open it.
  • Options
    This is more or less in line with what I found in my post on the previous page. The amount of shards you get off the regen is the same, though the daily collection accounts for a little difference. The big change is on refreshes since you need about twice the number of refreshes to get a given number of shards. While the refreshes do start at a lower cost, they end up costing more after 100 crystals (1 cantina vs 2 current fleet) because costs increase exponentially. For example, using a 3x100 cantina, you'd need 3x50 and 3x100 for a 300 vs 450 crystal cost to be equivalent expected shards.

Yeah, I was your post that got me interested in looking into it.

I think this ship was a great idea but now its disappointing to realize that I won't even open it.

The one caveat I'd put in is that the gear dropped does partially account for the cost. For example, on my relatively simplified 5* scenario, of the 1050 crystals/day, 450 of that can be attributable to gear even using lowest available crystals/salvage.
  • Options
    @ZAP

Shush! These are the SWGOH forums! You must not logic!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Looks like we have our answer. Let the hate flow.
  • kirtar
    5 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »

Yeah, I was your post that got me interested in looking into it.

The one caveat I'd put in is that the gear dropped does partially account for the cost. For example, on my relatively simplified 5* scenario, of the 1050 crystals/day, 450 of that can be attributable to gear even using lowest available crystals/salvage.

Couldn’t that be said for previous GCs too though?

From a strict perspective probably, but I don't have access to the old gear table to know if any of that gear was actually efficient to farm on fleet to begin with.

I was taking someone at their word about nothing useful being on fleet since I didn't want to dig up the old post. Since stuff like stun guns/cuffs/carbantis were there, yeah absolutely.
  • TVF
    36602 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »

You're late lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »

You're late lol.

Am I? Shoot. From now on, I shall take the name Pastman! I’m here to counter act Futureman.
  • nabokovfan
    535 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb

This post was just put out as an explanation for drop changes. I can speak for everyone when I say, we all would be much happier if this was communicated more effectively that the rates had been changed for whatever reason and not after the fact. This is one of the community's largest issues, the unclear or lack of communication.
    CG_SBCrumb wrote:
    Many of you have been asking about the drop rate during the Galactic Chase for the Rebel Y-wing and why it differs from previous Galactic Chases on Fleet nodes. We wanted to move Galactic Chases back to Fleet nodes for narrative purposes as well as knowing that players were already farming Fleet nodes at an accelerated rate due to gearing characters for the Galactic Legends. Back in July of last year, we changed the refresh rate and cost of Ship Energy to match regular Energy. This cut the refresh rate and cost of refreshes for Ship energy in half and Galactic Chase drop rates on Fleet nodes were adjusted from 4% to 2% to account for these changes. This does not change the drop rate for any other types of nodes that Galactic Chases can appear on.

Furthermore, I would like to clarify what you are saying as the reason for the change in rates. The post references a thread about G12 gear changes, fleet energy, shop prices, stun guns being moved off fleet nodes, and at the very bottom of that post we have it stated very clearly....
    As stated earlier, all these changes are currently set to be temporary. We believe that these changes will help, but we’ll need to wait a bit and see if that is true or not.

What has been the result of the G12 changes? How has farming changed in CG's perspective with regards to the lower costs and purchasing of gear, the packs that have been released since, TB rewards, or assault battle rewards? Has it been successful, will it be permanent, and is CG considering any other changes to improve farming?
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    Options
    Instead of what Crumb did say.. here’s what he SHOULD have said.. nothing!
  • Options
    2% drop rate is sad but good to know, I appreciate the transparency. However, what's more concerning is the relative ease in which drop rates were adjusted. What guarantees do we have that drop rates on other nodes aren't adjusted at your convenience?
  • Drewbee
    50 posts Member
    Options
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb

This post was just put out as an explanation for drop changes. I can speak for everyone when I say, we all would be much happier if this was communicated more effectively that the rates had been changed for whatever reason and not after the fact. This is one of the community's largest issues, the unclear or lack of communication.
    CG_SBCrumb wrote:
    Many of you have been asking about the drop rate during the Galactic Chase for the Rebel Y-wing and why it differs from previous Galactic Chases on Fleet nodes. We wanted to move Galactic Chases back to Fleet nodes for narrative purposes as well as knowing that players were already farming Fleet nodes at an accelerated rate due to gearing characters for the Galactic Legends. Back in July of last year, we changed the refresh rate and cost of Ship Energy to match regular Energy. This cut the refresh rate and cost of refreshes for Ship energy in half and Galactic Chase drop rates on Fleet nodes were adjusted from 4% to 2% to account for these changes. This does not change the drop rate for any other types of nodes that Galactic Chases can appear on.

Furthermore, I would like to clarify what you are saying as the reason for the change in rates. The post references a thread about G12 gear changes, fleet energy, shop prices, stun guns being moved off fleet nodes, and at the very bottom of that post we have it stated very clearly....
    As stated earlier, all these changes are currently set to be temporary. We believe that these changes will help, but we’ll need to wait a bit and see if that is true or not.

What has been the result of the G12 changes? How has farming changed in CG's perspective with regards to the lower costs and purchasing of gear, the packs that have been released since, TB rewards, or assault battle rewards? Has it been successful, will it be permanent, and is CG considering any other changes to improve farming?

Exactly what I was going to say. Thank you for saving me the time.
  • Options
    How nice of CG to change the drop rate BEFORE the event and then tell us AFTER without any post saying WHEN they altered the drop rate.
    I just love transparent communication between the devs and this community. It is spot on impressive...
  • Options
    Since this change makes multiple crystal refreshes worse, compared to previous GC events, in terms of shards per crystal, is there going to be any consideration made to the players who already spent crystals on six or more refreshes before this was announced? Seems like definite false advertising.
  • Options
    Chase event has always been advertised as 4% chance per energy. CG changed this to 2% w/o notifying us before launching the event. Refunds and compensation are in order. You can't just screw over customers and get away with it. CG is a company that has to abide by laws and contractual agreements. This even breaks agreements with Apple and Google.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Chase event has always been advertised as 4% chance per energy. CG changed this to 2% w/o notifying us before launching the event. Refunds and compensation are in order. You can't just screw over customers and get away with it. CG is a company that has to abide by laws and contractual agreements. This even breaks agreements with Apple and Google.
    Everything is implicitly subject to change
  • Options
    The logic makes sense, but in the end, they are doubling the amount of crystals needed. I averaged 17-18 crystals/shard for the Emperor's Shuttle and Ebon Hawk events. I'm at 35 crystals/shard now and might barely unlock. In 2 days, I've already spent (1125 crystals) half of what I did for the whole 5 days of the previous events (2500 and 2300). (Yes, I know that crystals/shard is not the most accurate measure, but it is noticable.) After 2 days, my rate is 2% like they told us just as my rate was about 4% for the other chases. Just disapponted because it feels like another money grab.
  • Options
    I think I refreshed 2x todayvxe0zty6tva7.png
  • MasterSeedy
    5039 posts Member
    Options
    @Ultra
    Everything is implicitly subject to change

Of course. But I think you're missing the point. The point is that expectations were set ... and then there was no communication. People aren't defending the idea that CG can't change the nature of the event or the drop rate during the event. People are defending the idea that it was reasonable for them to expect things to continue as they had been in the absence of communication.

If there had been communication, fine.

If there had never been an event like this before, fine.

But this falls into neither of those categories. The change should have been announced. It's not a bad change (though it doesn't work out quite as well as before). It's just another occasion on which CG fell down on the communication job.
  • Options
    Yeah the real screw you is in the cost of the refreshes.

This change would have only made sense IF they had also extended the # of Refreshes before Price Went Up to double (6) as well.

If we got 6 at 50 it wouldn't be such a big deal.

The 6PM 45 is still only 1/2 as valuable which sucks, but at least the refreshes wouldn't be screwing us.

I've only done 1 G-Chase before, but I got to 4+ stars & opened Hyena with it on only 3/day & I had a below average drop rate.

I won't be getting Y-Wing opened at this reduced drop rate.

And definitely since my own personal rate is half of the advertised rate as well :(

Ah well, back to gear farming with no extra refreshes.
  • Options
    I just did 15 farms on easy node 1-A and I got 6 shards. Not a big sample size, but thats still good!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    I think that considering this is the first chase on normal refresh energy, it kind of does function as a “new event.” I don’t like it, but I don’t think it breaks any agreements or warrants compensation. Also, looking at the history of the game lately, I kind of expected this...
  • Pitt
    34 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    So earlier today I spent 150 crystals refreshing ship energy, altogether I simmed 31 battles. I only received 1 ship shard. How is this consistent? Should average to be 1 out of 3. Not 1 out of 31.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • TVF
    36602 posts Member
    Options

Which laws and contractual agreements exactly?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I'm assuming he's talking about those "Must publish drop rates" or something that I've seen mentioned here before. But I think that applies to the shard packs that say 5-330