Negotiator speed is bugged

Nasdadjr
66 posts Member
So I have a 7 star negotiator fully relic Kenobi with all 6 dot mods so my negotiator has max speed. Obviously I face opponents with the exact same thing meaning the exact same speed.

I know when speed is the same it's a coin flip on which character or ship goes first. That is not my issue. My issue comes in on subsequent turns. If my Negotiator goes second because it lost the coin flip somehow the opposing negotiator ends up with a lot more TM on subsequent turns. It's never quite the same amount but have had matches where the opposing Negotiator will get a full two turns ahead of mine. How is that possible. My opponents are not using ships that manipulate Capital Ship TM. So how does a capital ship get two full turns ahead of the opposing capital ship when they have the same speed?

Replies

• ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    If my understanding is correct, if two capital ships are the same speed then they gain TM at the same rate (regardless of visual anomalies in the TM bar) and there will always be a coin flip when it comes time for the capital ships to take a turn. So you may always go second if you are really unlucky.

Not sure how it is possible for the opposing capital ship to get 2 turns ahead if they are the same speed and there is nothing manipulating TM, I've never seen it but who knows with this game sometimes.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    Ah, didn't expand it to read valor. Pretty sure capital ships are not considered allies so they don't get 30% mentioned earlier in the description.

Never really checked but I don't think FOTF gives TM to the capital ship does it?
  • Keyth
    28 posts Member
    Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    If my understanding is correct, if two capital ships are the same speed then they gain TM at the same rate (regardless of visual anomalies in the TM bar) and there will always be a coin flip when it comes time for the capital ships to take a turn. So you may always go second if you are really unlucky.

Not sure how it is possible for the opposing capital ship to get 2 turns ahead if they are the same speed and there is nothing manipulating TM, I've never seen it but who knows with this game sometimes.

From my experience with raid Han and the same negotiator I always go second

• Nasdadjr
    66 posts Member
    Options
    That isn't it. I know because if my capital ship wins the TM coin flip then I've seen it where mine gets really far out in front of the other capital ship when it's is the same opponent. The two turn thing has only happened a few times it's typically not that bad, but there are plenty of times where they get half or 3/4ths a TM bar ahead of mine.

My thought was what the first guy said and that each turn would be a coin flip. That doesn't happen though. If you guys do a similar mirror match check it out sometime. It is very irritating and obvious when you pay attention to it
  • Nasdadjr
    66 posts Member
    Options
    I would also like to add we start the exact same starting lineup and bring in the same reinforcements in the same order so literally everything is the same that could affect valor
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    Ah, didn't expand it to read valor. Pretty sure capital ships are not considered allies so they don't get 30% mentioned earlier in the description.

Never really checked but I don't think FOTF gives TM to the capital ship does it?

What’s probably happening to OP is their cap ship does mobilize, granting all ships valor and 30% TM, then as they take turns, they’re feeding nego 15% each time they take a turn and reducing his cooldowns. Opponent nego can def go twice before him if he’s not managing the field and stripping valor or killing ships with valor.

What does FOTF have to do with this?

Nothing to this in particular, just trying to figure out if capital ships are considered allies since FOTF does give turn meter to allies. Therefore if there was some other ship that was giving out turn meter, that may affect the Negotiator if my assumption was incorrect.
  • Nasdadjr
    66 posts Member
    Options
    Let's say I made a video showing it. It's not like I'm a content creator what would I do with the video?

I just did another fight and lost the exact same way. This time I did calculate ships with valor and they were the same until his negotiator got one full turn ahead of mine then he killed a ship and then he had more valor. However up until that point valor was equal but he got ahead cause he won the first coin flip
  • Nasdadjr
    66 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I didn't know that. I'll do that tomorrow on my climb again
  • Aandien
    36 posts Member
    Options
    Whichever cap ship goes first, goes back to 0 tm. Meaning if another regular ship goes with valor on the next coin flip before your cap ship, sitting at 100% to, then his cap ship gets the 15% bonus. So this is how a cap ship can get way ahead, when a bunch of ships are sitting at full tm. Only the ones that have went can capitalize on the bonus tm.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Nasdadjr wrote: »
    Let's say I made a video showing it. It's not like I'm a content creator what would I do with the video?

I just did another fight and lost the exact same way. This time I did calculate ships with valor and they were the same until his negotiator got one full turn ahead of mine then he killed a ship and then he had more valor. However up until that point valor was equal but he got ahead cause he won the first coin flip

You need to manipulate valor in mirror matches so that you are the one taking multiple turns

1. Try to push opposing JKA to yellow before either capital ship takes a turn — AI will use the second special that gives undying loyalty to all GR while you can spread valor to all your ships — giving you a 30~45% TM head start

2. Stick buff immunity on JKA or Fives so that they don’t take multiple turns with Valor on your first move with JKA — You will have more valor than AI and will take more turns

3. Cleanse Valor from AI - summon Ahsoka and remove Valor from one ship and use the special on another

4. Make sure JKA takes a bunch of bonus turns - more turns -> more negotiator turns

5. Spread valor by using ETA’s basic on TL enemies

Yeah the coin flip on the first capital ship is very important but there are ways to minimize your losses if you don’t win the coin flip by managing valor on the board