Gear drop rates are changed from last update.

Prev1
Fattaro
50 posts Member
These days drop rate of g13 gears are really changed. Normally it was around %25/33 but now almost all gears less then %10 for g13 gears since last update. I don’t think so this is about being luck. This game gives something into left pocket but same time it takes from right pocket :)

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Fattaro wrote: »
    These days drop rate of g13 gears are really changed. Normally it was around %25/33 but now almost all gears less then %10 for g13 gears since last update. I don’t think so this is about being luck. This game gives something into left pocket but same time it takes from right pocket :)

can you post your data on this. Many players have tracked drop rates and never shown an instance of them changing. since the last update is a relatively short period of time, are you sure you do not just have a small sample size?
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    Given that drop rates are calculated server side, and not client side, any change to drop rates would not be associated with a client update. (And they've never been changed regardless).
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Well, I did get 0 wrist bands from all my attempts yesterday (not all energy though, I'm farming other stuff as well), but I think it still could well be a matter of RNG.
  • Fattaro
    50 posts Member
    Normally I try 4 or 5 attempt at one time. This is best drop ratio for me. But last a couple day, gear drop rates dramatically reduced.

I refresh my energies 3 times by 50 crystal every day. I geared up my ulti kylo and I almost finished gl Rey necessary toons gear using of energy refresh. Therefore I have a lot of experience about getting gear by normal nodes. Really these days drop rates very terrible.

This is my last try Half hour before
    Mk12 Armatek multi tool 0/5 1/4 0/5 0/5
    I have a lot example like that 0/5 many times but I didn’t keep these number in my mind because I don’t want to open a ticket for this issue but after last drop I decided to open this topic. If the drop rate become like that always, I can’t use my crystals for energy refresh. I can buy it from cargo by crystals. It is much more efficiently :)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Normally I try 4 or 5 attempt at one time. This is best drop ratio for me. But last a couple day, gear drop rates dramatically reduced.

I refresh my energies 3 times by 50 crystal every day. I geared up my ulti kylo and I almost finished gl Rey necessary toons gear using of energy refresh. Therefore I have a lot of experience about getting gear by normal nodes. Really these days drop rates very terrible.

This is my last try Half hour before
    Mk12 Armatek multi tool 0/5 1/4 0/5 0/5
    I have a lot example like that 0/5 many times but I didn’t keep these number in my mind because I don’t want to open a ticket for this issue but after last drop I decided to open this topic. If the drop rate become like that always, I can’t use my crystals for energy refresh. I can buy it from cargo by crystals. It is much more efficiently :)

it seems you are going by memory, have you tried recording your data?

if you do you can also prove that your 4 or 5 attempt doesnt' have any better of a drop rate than any other count of sims.
  • Fattaro
    50 posts Member
    As you can see 1 for 11 attempt and none new rebel y wing. Many of my guild mates are complaining about drop rates. By the way I just share my correct data, this is up to yours to use it or not. Thanks

jhukjl4ioryz.png
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    As you can see 1 for 11 attempt and none new rebel y wing. Many of my guild mates are complaining about drop rates. By the way I just share my correct data, this is up to yours to use it or not. Thanks

jhukjl4ioryz.png

the drop rate for that event is based on energy spent not attempts. the stated value for that is around 2%, and with that small sample size you are not likely to see a statistically accurate value.

if that is all the data you have collected then its just a small sample size and RNG that explain your results. Many players have tracked and posted results that follow the same values for shards and gear drop rates.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Nope.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    A single set of 11 attempts is not statistically significant. Record a thousand attempts and come back.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Statistically 30 attempts is the bare minimum number n=30 for attempts to. Begin to rely on data if u took an official statistics class
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I’m confused, what does the Y-Wing drop rate have to do with gear?
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    It’s just a bad luck of RNG.

/thread
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    The last update was three days ago. There is no way you have a remotely decent dataset in that time.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    The last update was three days ago. There is no way you have a remotely decent dataset in that time.

Time doesnt matter. Attempts do.

If he did 1000 sims before and drop rate was 33% and in last 3 days he did 50 sims and his drop rate was 6% he has 3nough data to make a claim
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

If he did 1000 sims before and drop rate was 33% and in last 3 days he did 50 sims and his drop rate was 6% he has 3nough data to make a claim

But not enough data to prove a trend.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member

1) No, it isn't. Context matters. Every few days, we have someone come in saying CG's nerfed the drop rate without telling us because they've had a bad run. Zero of these claims has been substantiated. (Note, this includes Galactic Chase, which they told us about in advance.) Fifty is not enough for a meaningful accusation.

2) You see this thread. That is not the data provided. The only data provided are anecdotal reports of sentiment and a hand selected screenshot of eleven rolls, chosen through an explicitly biased selection process.
    Still not a he.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

50 sims is enough? lol?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    They told us in advance? That’s a stretch.
    When they doubled how much energy we got, they said they normalized drop rates accordingly.

This is the first fleet table galactic chase since they did that.
    Still not a he.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    When they doubled how much energy we got, they said they normalized drop rates accordingly.

So then why all the confusion and subsequent post from CG?

Even those like you who knew what they meant about normalizing drop rates that long ago weren’t here clarifying things.

It’s one thing to put things together after the fact, but that’s not how this went down and you know it. Saying they gave us advance notice is definitely a stretch in this instance.

lol first time on the forums?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

Even those like you who knew what they meant about normalizing drop rates that long ago weren’t here clarifying things.

It’s one thing to put things together after the fact, but that’s not how this went down and you know it. Saying they gave us advance notice is definitely a stretch in this instance.

You're correct it wasn't in advance. They told us after the event was already live for some people, depending on where they lived.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member

Just because it was forgotten, or the connection was not made does not change the fact that it happened and we were, in fact, told in advance.
    Still not a he.
  • Gifafi wrote: »

50 sims is enough? lol?

What do you consider is enough?
  • DadKev
    314 posts Member
    I unlocked my galactic chase yesterday!