As someone who browses the forum and runs a Rex lead

CookieCrispp
555 posts Member
edited March 2016
I browse these forums. I tend to watch videos people post. I also run a Rex lead. And every time I watch a video, every time I see yellow numbers pop up, I get excited.
And then I remember that I'm not playing that match. Please, for those of us (and I assure you that we are many) in love with Rex's leadership, please label your videos with a high crit rating.
Because every AOE team or ewok video I watch, where I see 2-3k crits, I get so happy at the turn meter to damage ratio. And then my heart breaks when I realize that Rex isn't there to comfort me and shower me with turn meter. He is like the Oprah of turn meter.

Rex
Rex is the necropotence of SWGOH. He is the channel to our fireball. He is the life tap for our shadow bolt. He is the takedown for our rhydon. The yoshi to our mario(but only when used as a springboard and only because that action left horrible scars on our hearts). He is the force of will that makes our lives go round.

And devs, please fix his squad discipline when you get the chance. We'd really appreciate it.
Love,
those who love CT-7567

Replies

• Is he the jam in your jelly roll?
  • The way he spews turn meter the jelly roll would be jammed inside and out. He is seriously the most undervalued leader right now.
    And I'm pretty sure that the other Rex lead players are going to drive to my house and de-Rex me, just for reminding people how awesome he is.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    The way he spews turn meter the jelly roll would be jammed inside and out. He is seriously the most undervalued leader right now.
    And I'm pretty sure that the other Rex lead players are going to drive to my house and de-Rex me, just for reminding people how awesome he is.

Like any other characters he's useless without a good team with 4 other characters

Also fast characters like QGJ and Yoda don't do Critical much
  • xJazzx wrote: »
    The way he spews turn meter the jelly roll would be jammed inside and out. He is seriously the most undervalued leader right now.

Like any other characters he's useless without a good team with 4 other characters

Also fast characters like QGJ and Yoda don't do Critical much

The point about four others is the same for any and every other leader. The point I am making is that Rex is probably the most viable and most undervalued of the currently viable meta leaders (QGJ, Dooku, Phasma, Sid who is arguable, Chief Chirpa).
    And yes, Yoda and QGJ both have low critical ratings. Id argue that if you show me a team that doesn't crit, I'll show you a team that is probably losing the match.

And on a side note, I hear movement outside. I think they're almost here. Halp!
  • ...I like him but don't think Chirpa is quite in the phasma/qgj/Rex/dooku ranks :p
  • Hopefully he was worth the investment.
  • I love my Rex too, but I can only use him in the first 3-4 GW battles and then the opponents are too strong for him. I need to star him up higher. It will be a glorious day when he becomes farmable!
  • Still running my clone team with Rex as leader. It's just a fun team to play with. Maybe Rey, Yoda and rest of the speed gang will get some plays after the combat tuning =P
  • Daryth
    93 posts Member
    Speed needs to be cool but currently stupid
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Here you go buddy. Just for you because you asked for it!

Clones and Tuskin vs Top end Dooku Meta.

https://youtu.be/Sr6gS7W9COc
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • I love my Rex too :#
  • His 'squad discipline' is dreamy
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Pilot wrote: »

No disrespect, but this video shows how terrible the AI is. I know it's just an example, but MAN.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    edited March 2016

Don't get me wrong. I got rex as well. He will be a lot better at level 80 with more speed. But again, on defense nobody really wins with the AI and so I'm not sure if he will be a game changer when fortitude comes in. Phasma may be a bit better and same goes for Dooku or Kenobi with evasion bonus. Sort of an equal in this sense. Rex as leader will be really good against Sidious for sure.
    Post edited by xJazzx on
  • Rex will be good whenever they get around to fixing his bugs...
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    Barrok wrote: »

No disrespect, but this video shows how terrible the AI is. I know it's just an example, but MAN.

It is what it is. Rex lead for what he's worth vs a top meta team.
  • Stormy
    951 posts Member

I don't think that yoda has max abilities.
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    That's Cythis's Yoda. It's max everything. The lower damage is because he is hitting 5s!
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    And now I'm sad because he's chromium exclusive.
    :(