Galactic Chase Event Start Time Gave Time Zones Unfair Benefit

a5dctdq29val.png
sorry if im late to this topic and someone else brought this up already. I was seeing alot of other people unlocking ywing and using the same amount of refreshes im far behind where they are. and then it hit me. the event went live right with the update for me where other timezones it wasnt even live. i lost half a day of free energy and the ability to preload energy which alot of other timezones got the benefit of doing.

this game is over 5years old and they still cant design an event without rigged systems that give specific groups an unfair advantage. My galactic event chase was cut short and something should be done imo if this game is supposed to be competitively fair. just because my timezone i shouldnt be treated like a redheaded stepchild and given a smaller event than others.

Replies

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Rigged implies intent. What's their nefarious intent on this one?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

for a game thats been out 5years and the system of pushing out updates hasnt changed on mobile systems to publish apps different i would say there was intent. they didnt want to give people a heads up it was a galactic chase to limit the amount of preloading of energy so their intent to push an update live on 5/21 for an event to go live on 5/22 where it was already 5/22 for some of us to is rigged. stop acting like the developers have 0 understanding of the system they work in.

• littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

for a game thats been out 5years and the system of pushing out updates hasnt changed on mobile systems to publish apps different i would say there was intent. they didnt want to give people a heads up it was a galactic chase to limit the amount of preloading of energy so their intent to push an update live on 5/21 for an event to go live on 5/22 where it was already 5/22 for some of us to is rigged. stop acting like the developers have 0 understanding of the system they work in.

Seems like that would actually hurt their income, since players in you situation could not spend crystals on 5/21 to preload their energy. But i am sure the team is just out to get people in other timezones
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    your chase is over? pic or something? or you just missed out on some energy? Does it not end at the same time as everyone else too?

if its just that you didn't get a chance to preload as much then what time exactly should they start it in this global game?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    fwar965tqxwj.jpg
  • Yeah it's not cool.

They need to announce the event type 1 day earlier, and make sure it starts at every player's reset time, not halfway through their day like it did for people in earlier timezones.
    All we ask for is a level playing field.

Instead of 5 days, I had 4d 18h left from the very start of the event, and it wasn't at the reset point where you can pre-purchase some fleet energy just before the reset. Not to mention that you've possibly already bought your 3x 50 crystals refreshes for the day when the event starts, so you're double hit.
    Those in later timezones with more warning had some opportunity to get a decent head start.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

Seems like that would actually hurt their income, since players in you situation could not spend crystals on 5/21 to preload their energy. But i am sure the team is just out to get people in other timezones

West coast bias.
  • So I have a midnight payout time, which means my "day" resets at 6am. When most people are starting their farms I'm still waiting a few hours to be able to start mine.

But guess what? I also get to keep working on these things for an "extra" six hours. Seems pretty fair to me
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    So I have a midnight payout time, which means my "day" resets at 6am. When most people are starting their farms I'm still waiting a few hours to be able to start mine.

But guess what? I also get to keep working on these things for an "extra" six hours. Seems pretty fair to me

This, if you missed a refresh on the front you make it up on the back end.
  • coco8863
    45 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    So I have a midnight payout time, which means my "day" resets at 6am. When most people are starting their farms I'm still waiting a few hours to be able to start mine.

This, if you missed a refresh on the front you make it up on the back end.

Actually you don't, event got announced here at about 9am and showed the event had about 4 days & 14 hours to run, ending at reset on the 25th.

As some people had already done 50 crystal refreshes that morning, they would only have the chance to do the 50 crystal refreshes on 4 days instead of 5 like most
  • Jpolson43
    208 posts Member
    I'm just here to mop up tears.
  • Morgoth01
    500 posts Member
    Is the galactic chase on a local timer and not a global one?
    If it is local then it would indeed be unfair that some people have longer time and more refreshes throughout the event.

But I’m still confused, is the timer global or local?
  • Local. It started when your account refreshed on the 21st
  • Snowbird13 wrote: »
    Local. It started when your account refreshed on the 21st

and add to that that for my timezone the update wasnt pushed until the 22nd so the local time had already started before they even pushed the event. I get that they dont want people datamining their events way ahead of time but this approach was not very well thought out and shows that when events are being designed they are not thinking about the player or making the event fair for all players. i have no problem with people being able to buy packs but when you skew the f2p side of the game to pick winners and losers it really hurts the feeling of competition and enjoyment of trying to compete.
  • Morgoth01
    500 posts Member
    Snowbird13 wrote: »
    Local. It started when your account refreshed on the 21st

Thank you for clarifying, but the updated wasn’t pushed until I had spent all my refreshes on the 22nd :)

I can’t get too worked up, but it is poor player experience for everyone east of the US, which is most of the world...
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member

Ignorance (to how this always happens) is not a defence in the court of law
    And Nothing is a defence in this court of opinion.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    This isn't a court of law, everyone can have an opinion here regardless of how uniformed it is, and words mean things.
  • TVF wrote: »
    This isn't a court of law, everyone can have an opinion here regardless of how uniformed it is, and words mean things.

Do you smoke?