I mainly use Executrix. Which capital ship to go next? Ignore Chimaera?

Bkb
22 posts Member
Hi,

I just hit level 85 a few weeks ago and have Executrix (6*, 75 level). I would like to have a light side ship to do territory battle and lead another GAC fleet. Side-tracking a bit, I am working on those FO and BH ships (at the same time slow farming those Geo ships...) towards Finalizer (target date to unlock it is in Oct 2020 :D ) so don't really have a lot of light side ships (I have Biggs at 7*, Ghost and Phantom II at 6* but no Galactic Republic ships except Plo).

My Home one (5*) is level 10 or so (all Ship Building Material Challenges are unlocked), Endurance (4*) is level 1, both Fleet Commander is at level 1. I was planning to unlock Chimaera. But I believe I won't have enough resources to level up another 3 Capital Ships: Home One, Chimaera and Finalizer (I stop investing in Executrix already).

Shall I pick up Home One, or Endurance (for GAS in a not-foreseeable future)? (My GET2 income flow is ultra-slow, 500 per TB, so probably not Negotiator? Or I shall?)

If I pick up Home One (to what extent shall I stop developing it?), shall I pick up Chimaera too? Or keep working on Executrix until Finalizer comes?

Many thanks on reading this long stuff and giving any feedback in advance!

P.S. I hit top 10 in Fleet Arena and facing a lot of Home One/Endurance + HT. I think Finalizer is a great counter against them?

Replies

• Regarding GET2: I would go Malevolence. It's not a good defensive ship, at least from what I've seen so far, but my shard is still dominated by Negotiator, so maybe if someone maxes out separatists it would hold on defense as well as Nego?

Regarding which LS Capital Ship to strive for, go for Rebels and Home One/Ackbar. With the release of the Rebel Y-Wing the faction just got a whole lot better and it was already good. We'll have to see it in action over time, but it might be as good as or better than Negotiator when geared up. Against same-GP opponents running other cap ships, it should be pretty powerful. There are some time-out teams you can run with Endurance, but those are probably a long way off for you. And even at their best, they're not that great on offense.

So, Rebels for LS (for now) and from my point of view your first GET2 cap ship should be Malevolence.

As for Plo, his ship is one of the great plug-and-play ships in any fleet. His job is simply to enter as a reinforcement and provide a HUGE healing boost to the ships already in play (which are, presumably, of one faction, with lots of synergy, and better ships than Plo's ship itself. Then Plo gives taunt to anyone it wants - including itself, if that's what works for you - and all your best ships that were about to die and be replaced ... are saved, and the enemy is now targeting Plo (or some other tank of your choice).

You probably want to take Plo to about g10 because of the pilot's influence on certain stats, but beyond that just isn't necessary. You can if you want to, but it's not necessary. That's another great thing - the best ability of the ship has its full effect even if your pilot is g1/level1. So no wasted investment in a toon you're only using in fleet.

Or, at least, when you get to the point of giving your toons g12 and relics, g10 will seem like it was no wasted investment.

...as always, my disclaimer is this: this is supposed to be a game, and it is supposed to be FUN. We don't play it for work. If anyone, including me, gives you advice that makes the game less fun? Ditch that advice and do the fun thing. You're always better off doing the fun thing.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Since you are already building BH ships (all 4 of them, I assume) you may as well start building Home One and rebel ships as well to prepare for when you unlock Han's Falcon. The rebel fleet will be your next step to stay in the top ranks in fleet arena. You will pick up Chimaera at some point along the way even if you're not building towards it. It unlocks by using rebel ships.

I assume, you already gained access to the zeta ability materials challenge, since you have a 6* Executrix and at least 3 LS ships at 6* or more.
  • Bkb
    22 posts Member
    Regarding GET2: I would go Malevolence. It's not a good defensive ship, at least from what I've seen so far, but my shard is still dominated by Negotiator, so maybe if someone maxes out separatists it would hold on defense as well as Nego?

Regarding which LS Capital Ship to strive for, go for Rebels and Home One/Ackbar. With the release of the Rebel Y-Wing the faction just got a whole lot better and it was already good. We'll have to see it in action over time, but it might be as good as or better than Negotiator when geared up. Against same-GP opponents running other cap ships, it should be pretty powerful. There are some time-out teams you can run with Endurance, but those are probably a long way off for you. And even at their best, they're not that great on offense.

So, Rebels for LS (for now) and from my point of view your first GET2 cap ship should be Malevolence.

As for Plo, his ship is one of the great plug-and-play ships in any fleet. His job is simply to enter as a reinforcement and provide a HUGE healing boost to the ships already in play (which are, presumably, of one faction, with lots of synergy, and better ships than Plo's ship itself. Then Plo gives taunt to anyone it wants - including itself, if that's what works for you - and all your best ships that were about to die and be replaced ... are saved, and the enemy is now targeting Plo (or some other tank of your choice).

You probably want to take Plo to about g10 because of the pilot's influence on certain stats, but beyond that just isn't necessary. You can if you want to, but it's not necessary. That's another great thing - the best ability of the ship has its full effect even if your pilot is g1/level1. So no wasted investment in a toon you're only using in fleet.

Or, at least, when you get to the point of giving your toons g12 and relics, g10 will seem like it was no wasted investment.

...as always, my disclaimer is this: this is supposed to be a game, and it is supposed to be FUN. We don't play it for work. If anyone, including me, gives you advice that makes the game less fun? Ditch that advice and do the fun thing. You're always better off doing the fun thing.

Thank you for your input! ☺️ I am still having fun although the GAC part is quite difficult to play 😵.

I will work on my Home One then.
  • Bkb
    22 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Since you are already building BH ships (all 4 of them, I assume) you may as well start building Home One and rebel ships as well to prepare for when you unlock Han's Falcon. The rebel fleet will be your next step to stay in the top ranks in fleet arena. You will pick up Chimaera at some point along the way even if you're not building towards it. It unlocks by using rebel ships.

I assume, you already gained access to the zeta ability materials challenge, since you have a 6* Executrix and at least 3 LS ships at 6* or more.

Thank you for your input! ☺️ Oh gosh I skipped the IG88 ship... 😱😱😱 Need to spare some energy on that node then.

Yes I unlocked all the zeta and building materials challenges. I only have the last tier of training droids challenge locked.
  • Bkb
    22 posts Member
    Oops, so, shall I keep leveling up Executrix from level 76 to 85? Or switch and unlock Chimaera? Or go straight to Home One lv85 and leave both Executrix and Chimaera? I have been seeing comments on how good Chimaera is to one shot HT. 🙊
  • I would leave executrix where it's at and work on home one. As you build your rebel fleet, you will unlock chimera. The problem with the Empire fleets(under tarkin or thrawn) is the ships are a pain to get other than tie fighter and tie advanced. And I'm not sure the other three are that good anyways. Synergy is key for fleets as well the further you go. Rebels have 8 ships to pick from. You will need HMF and one of the u-wings imo. And the new y-wing looks promising.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Home One for sure. Endurance is unfortunately pretty useless. Even if you do need to use it for General Anakin, it doesn't need to be super strong.

As far as GET2, the smart move is probably to just stockpile it for now and make a choice between Negotiatior or Malevolence at a later date.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Bkb
    22 posts Member
    Snowbird13 wrote: »
    I would leave executrix where it's at and work on home one. As you build your rebel fleet, you will unlock chimera. The problem with the Empire fleets(under tarkin or thrawn) is the ships are a pain to get other than tie fighter and tie advanced. And I'm not sure the other three are that good anyways. Synergy is key for fleets as well the further you go. Rebels have 8 ships to pick from. You will need HMF and one of the u-wings imo. And the new y-wing looks promising.

Cool! Thank you for your input :) I am working on Cassian's U-Wing and those BH to unlock HMF now.
  • Bkb
    22 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Home One for sure. Endurance is unfortunately pretty useless. Even if you do need to use it for General Anakin, it doesn't need to be super strong.

As far as GET2, the smart move is probably to just stockpile it for now and make a choice between Negotiatior or Malevolence at a later date.

Thank you for your input too! :) The current GET2 inflow is so slow that I don't have enough to start spending :D definitely will save them up and decide later.