3/4 dot mods on 16 energy mod challenges

Zanir
415 posts Member
edited May 2020
They're still there. And it's insulting. CG knows no one who's at the point of the game where they're farming 16 energy nodes for new mods has any use for anything sub 5-dots. Just farmed some 85 mods, 21 were 3/4 dots, so immediately useless.

Replies

• Zanir wrote: »
    They're still there. And it's insulting. CG knows no one who's at the point of the game where they're farming 16 energy nodes for new mods has any use for anything sub 5-dots. Just farmed some 85 mods, 21 were 3/4 dots, so immediately useless.

Once you get mods that aren't garbage for all of your characters, this becomes a non-issue. You only buy gold mods from the mod shop and Smuggler's Run for mods, and focus 100% on slicing. You are currently below that threshold, I think. There are many thresholds in the game. You are just below 1 of them.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Zanir wrote: »

Once you get mods that aren't garbage for all of your characters, this becomes a non-issue. You only buy gold mods from the mod shop and Smuggler's Run for mods, and focus 100% on slicing. You are currently below that threshold, I think. There are many thresholds in the game. You are just below 1 of them.

Is this one of those “sarcasm” answers?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    It probably is now...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • No sarcasm here at all. I am quite happy with my mod collection at this point. I mostly slice at this point. 90% or more just slicing.
  • I’d offer different advice to OP. Keep farming mods. The minute you stop because you’re happy with your mod collection, is the minute other people will blast past you with their’s.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    I understand that horrible feeling... Esp when it is double drop now... Best to sell it and move on...
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    I’d offer different advice to OP. Keep farming mods. The minute you stop because you’re happy with your mod collection, is the minute other people will blast past you with their’s.

Do you consider slicing "not farming?"
    And I did say I buy gold mods from the store when I like them. I think that method is more resource efficient than rolling For new mods from mod battles
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    "Keep farming mods" means exactly what it says.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I’d offer different advice to OP. Keep farming mods. The minute you stop because you’re happy with your mod collection, is the minute other people will blast past you with their’s.

Do you consider slicing "not farming?"
    And I did say I buy gold mods from the store when I like them. I think that method is more resource efficient than rolling For new mods from mod battles
    Yes. Slicing mediocre mods will not make them great.
  • My mod quality stat is far better than most other players near my 3.49 million GP. Perhaps though my system is not "more productive" than those of you guys. I think mine is, but I am fine to consider that. I have a consistent system of constantly improving my mod repertoire.

- I sort my characters' equipped mods by speed. Slice my fastest greens. I have already sliced most of my multi-speed rolls to gold. Then I 6E those.

- While doing that, I also bring my 5 speed greys to green, 5 and up speed greens to blue so long as the green 2nd roll isn't defense. I get enough "oh rolled speed a 2nd or 3rd time" slices to allow me to not have to continue sifting through greys.

- While I'm doing that I am only using mod energy for slicing mats.

- Buying gold mods from the store instead of wasting credits on upping greys. <--- that probably being the biggest difference between me and most.

I have enough mods worthy of slicing in my opinion to not need to add new bad 1s and make a selling spree.

All of you guys in this thread are 5 million + GP. When I perform a mod quality check on you compared to me I am on track if not better to have matching mod repertoire to your accounts.

Again, I think the most important thing is to have a consistent systematic method of improving your mods. I found "farming" new mods to be too much sifting through trash.

I guess also important is that I also never slice mods that are 6 speed greens or such. I usually have other mods with higher slice benefits at this point that cause those types to end up getting sold.
  • Your slicing strategy sounds good to be honest, though I’d question one bit of it.

When you say you buy gold mods from the store instead of wasting credits slicing greys, slicing a grey triangle or cross to 9, or even 12 is about 2% of the cost of a gold mod in the store. I don’t slice grey square, diamond, circle or arrow, but if the triangle or cross has a nice set / primary combo, I take a punt.

If even 2 out of 50 times I do that reveals a good mod, then I don’t think any of those credits were wasted.

Lord knows I’ve wasted 3.91M credits on a store mod so many times I couldn’t even guess how much I’ve wasted on them! Vastly more than I’ve spent having a gamble on grey triangles and crosses that’s for sure.