So the release date for ESB was May 21 of ‘80...

We’ve only seen an average Y-wing ship and some relatively boring double drops here little and there a little. Are Vader, Probe Droid, ROLO, Capt Han, and Hoth Rebel reworks sleeping in the Wampa cave? Is Luke’s X-wing still stuck in Dagobah’s swamp? Did Lando, Lobot, and Nien Nunb forget that the Imperials are in their city? CG has so many fun things that they could have done, but it seems like they dropped the ball with mediocre celebrations once again.

Replies

• Well, to me we had a month of celebration with double drops, new ship, ga with ESB celebration, tons of cristals in daily rewards, lots of event for stay and play, etc. Please stop whining :)
  • Sanderzas
    581 posts Member
    The month of celebration, the cristals and the events for stay and play are for may the fourth and the coronavirus, not for ESB
  • Jenoke76
    35 posts Member
    I think we will get something on 29th.
    First there is nothing in the calendar for that day. The extra challenges and the double drop both will be finished on 28th. Mando pack and bundle will leave the Store on that morning.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Hope it is not another pack
  • Falco3
    60 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Don't forget that lobot came to weekly shipments.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Sanderzas wrote: »
    The month of celebration, the cristals and the events for stay and play are for may the fourth and the coronavirus, not for ESB

But shouldn’t we be happy enough then?
  • BrashSchwartz
    556 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    We’ve only seen an average Y-wing ship and some relatively boring double drops here little and there a little. Are Vader, Probe Droid, ROLO, Capt Han, and Hoth Rebel reworks sleeping in the Wampa cave? Is Luke’s X-wing still stuck in Dagobah’s swamp? Did Lando, Lobot, and Nien Nunb forget that the Imperials are in their city? CG has so many fun things that they could have done, but it seems like they dropped the ball with mediocre celebrations once again.

Would love to see cls get his x-wing before rey does 🙃 since everyone wants more ships for fo and resistance, however rebels are doing fine both in ships and characters, I much rather see them rework the empire ships and characters since you know its empire strikes back.

Edit: on the side note, 1970s and 80s had some of the best movies ever made

I don’t care if Rey gets it first. Whatever. But wouldn’t it be cool to have a legendary scenario for Luke to unlock the ship? Fight the wampa, sleep in a tauntaun, meet Yoda, fight fake Vader, have Hermit Yoda lift the ship out. Boom. Maybe some paper rock scissors in there somewhere so it’s not too expensive for CG.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Gamorrean wrote: »

ESB is an iconic movie that is arguably the best in the whole Saga. The month of stay and play was to contribute to the shelter in place going on due to CVOID19 and earlier in the month for May 4th.

They said there would be celebration of the movie and in comparison to 2017 with ANH, there’s been nothing. Portraits would be nice, even some minor passes to ESB characters like Lando, ROLO, Captain Han and a rework for Vader. Nobody wants them to beat the meta but fun additions to their kits would be nice.
  • joelgs23
    251 posts Member
    May 17 was the "premier", showing on 1 screen in Washington DC
    May 21 was limited release
    June 20 was full USA release

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080684/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ov_inf

If they will do any "big" ESB events, it will likely be June 20.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »

ESB is an iconic movie that is arguably the best in the whole Saga. The month of stay and play was to contribute to the shelter in place going on due to CVOID19 and earlier in the month for May 4th.

They said there would be celebration of the movie and in comparison to 2017 with ANH, there’s been nothing. Portraits would be nice, even some minor passes to ESB characters like Lando, ROLO, Captain Han and a rework for Vader. Nobody wants them to beat the meta but fun additions to their kits would be nice.

I believe the portraits from GAC is in celebration of ESB

But I agree some character touch ups would have been nice