Contraband Cargo

Darth_Pepé_8008
270 posts Member
edited May 2020
Just wondering. I never do the deadly tier of this event. Those ship shards are way better than the few extra ship upgrade mats for me. Anybody else thinking the same thing?

On a mother note this feels kinda good tho:
zwdstzwexkzk.jpg

Replies

• I don’t agree, and at a hair’s width from 6M GP I don’t think I’m a new player. I think the extra ship mats are more valuable than shard shop currency.

Shard shop currency comes easy for me. Ship omega mats less so. Same for reinforcement mats, though I’ve only got 4 ships left to max reinforcements on.
  • TVF
    36593 posts Member
    I have plenty of all of it. Glad to see you're also getting slicing mats from it though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I have plenty of all of it. Glad to see you're also getting slicing mats from it though.

Have had the rng om my side so far.

May the rng be with you
  • SithVicious
    1283 posts Member
    Two new capital ships gobble up those prestige mats real quick.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

giphy.gif
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36593 posts Member

I've got over 4200.
  • Nothing to spend the upgrades on, meanwhile stocks are continuing to pile up. Shard shop currency is way better.
  • I played the tough tier for a while until I got the ship shards for one of the falcons finished. I play the deadly now.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • CamaroAMF
    1282 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I've got over 4200.

Come on man all you had to say was that you have over 9001 of them so we could all say ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!! but yeah if you have played the game for a year and done every daily challenge, you should have enough mats to max out 3 ships, let alone if you were playing for multiple years

Maxing out a single capital ship takes 1,950 prestige. Getting enough in a year to max out three ships would mean over 100 prestige mats a week.....I don’t think we get that many from challenges.

TVF is still around 1,500 prestige mats short of being able to max out Malevolence, Negotiator, Raddus and Finalizer, assuming I found the correct .gg profile.
  • But at the rate the Finalizer and Raddish shards accumulate, he’s not likely to run out before he gets them to 7*!
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Final tier reward sucks compared to the lowers, just like assault battles.
  • TVF
    36593 posts Member
    Why on earth would I need to max all four of those cap ships.
  • CamaroAMF
    1282 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Why on earth would I need to max all four of those cap ships.

Negotiator and Malevolence are pretty obvious. Raddus can beat LS Geo CMs. Finalizer I’m not so sure about yet. I’m a a completionist though so I’ll max the abilities once I have the stars.
  • TVF
    36593 posts Member
    I am not a completionist. I'd rather target my resource allocation.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    I used to finish everything but I know now that I won't be worried about that anymore. Trying to manage resources a little better these days.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Maxing out a single capital ship takes 1,950 prestige. Getting enough in a year to max out three ships would mean over 100 prestige mats a week.....I don’t think we get that many from challenges.

You know you can buy them in the troop arena stores?
  • You know you can buy them in the troop arena stores?

I assume Camaro knows that. I bought them there for a while, until I had over 4k. I'm down to 2800 these days, but there's no rush anymore. They've made it clear that they're not allowing new Cap Ships to go instantly to 7* and they're going to restrict capstone abilities to 5*, 6*, and 7* promotions. I might have a little less than I need to max out Malevolence and finish maxing Finalizer and Raddus, I haven't done the math, but I'm pulling in enough that I don't think I'll drop below a level that allows me to instantly boost Finalizer and Malevolence when I gain the relevant stars.

...and Raddus can wait a bit. Raddus seems a fine ship on its own, but it doesn't have any good Resistance ships to fight under its leadership. PXW is only decent. Rey's Falcon is less than that, but not bad. The RPXW is just bad. Three ships and not one of them good? Resistance is the worst faction in the game that has its own capital ship.

So I fight the deadly level, I'll max out all my ships, and maybe someday if my stock is low enough I'll go back to farming Prestige in the Arena store. But right now, given where I'm at in the game, 2800 seems plenty good enough.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I might go back to the penultimate tier. We'll see.

I have all the ships at 7*, so the extra blueprints weren't much help considering the amount of shard shop currency I get from other sources. But this last one gave me enough reinforcement mats to improve my last ship's reinforce ability to t3 (Hound's Tooth, lolol...) and I have no more abilities to increase that use omegas. Well, okay, there are some of the pilot abilities, but since I'm not actively working on those pilots I don't think it'll matter.

So I seem to have reached the point where the deadly tier is redundant AND the penultimate tier is as well. Huh.

Could always do with more prestige, though. Three more Admiral events and Raddus is going to drink up a bunch more.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • CamaroAMF
    1282 posts Member
    Antario wrote: »
    CamaroAMF wrote: »

You know you can buy them in the troop arena stores?

Of course I know that. That’s why I have enough prestige on hand to finish maxing the abilities on Malevolence, Raddus and Finalizer when I have the stars. I’m not the person who said you could get three capital ship’s worth just by doing challenges for a year.
  • Turasleon
    179 posts Member
    I have done the deadly every single time this event has been up (since it was created), and I still do not have enough materials to max out every ship's abilities. 5.8m gp.

Since there isn't another good source of these, I'm going to keep doing this until they're all done with an additional 200 ship omegas and then go to the second highest tier for shard shop currency.