HSith Rewards - setup

Prev1
Hey,

I know that this is probably an issue for many high end guilds, so I thought I’d flag it here to see if anything can be changed.

The rewards need to be changed, namely the gear that gets awarded.

The Sith Raid has been with us a long time and since the next Raid has been cancelled/postponed in favour of a different type of event can we please re-evaluate these rewards.

50 people trying to get top 10 in order to stand a chance of getting a remotely decent reward is very unsatisfying for a top end guild, competitiveness is good, but the rewards are grossly unfair in this time and age of the game.

Can this be looked at and re-balanced considering the amount that has changed since this raid was launched?

R2D2

Replies

• Or you can go merc
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    Nah, CG went through many iterations with rewards. They want us at our guildmates' throats all the time to have a chance at something resembling decent gear. They no longer care if we have fun, or that you can miss out on 10th place by 1,000 points, and they don't care how completely asinine that is.

If we're lucky, they may deign to make the rewards less awful when we can sim it in a few years.
  • It worked, but now they are not using this format of content any more, surely a review would be useful!
  • Says there are 5 replies, I can only see 2 (1 of which is mine) - is this site bugged or are they being deleted for some reason?
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    Says there are 5 replies, I can only see 2 (1 of which is mine) - is this site bugged or are they being deleted for some reason?

If they were deleted the count wouldn't increase. There are a couple instances where some people's posts cannot be seen. Happened to me once a couple years ago, needed a mod to fix it. Also sometimes when you click "post reply" it says something about needing approval and doesn't actually post, but it might still add to the reply count.
  • Odd
  • Agreed 100%, the drop off in rewards after top 10 is huge. It would be nice to get a little variety as well. It seems as though the same pieces of gear are always there even at the top.
  • I’d like to see more group rewards, almost like sim. Give more currency or something for the top, but why when TW and TB are group efforts are we given the same, yet Raids are not? Surely this is just outdated and needs revisiting!
  • Yeh we just had to institute some ground rules. If you get first you need to stay out of top 10 next time. A couple others. Just to mix it up because the rewards are so bad, but necessary.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Brought this up a couple weeks ago and many agree the rewards need to be beefed up. Outside the top 10 is a joke. But that’s CG for yah
  • Vi1teran_
    218 posts Member
    This won't happen, because it's not free and would require effort.
  • See, whilst the rewards do need a slight boost, if you miss out of top 10 by 1000 points, that means that the person who got 10th place deserved it more. In a race, if you came second by 0.1 seconds, you don’t get a first place trophy, you get second place. You don’t get remembered as the person who could have gotten first if they where 0.1 seconds faster, you get remembered as the person who was second. The rewards could do with a slight boost, but not enough that if you place 11th, you get near same rewards as 10th place.
  • I never understood why the raids offered different rewards. I think since it is a group effort, the rewards should be the same.
  • I never understood why the raids offered different rewards. I think since it is a group effort, the rewards should be the same.

I don’t. Fortunately, raids offer separate rewards to players, depending on where they are. This means that if you join the raid, but don’t participate, you aren’t going to get the same rewards as someone who has put the effort in to get higher. It also allows some competition in a guild, as unfortunately, TW and TB are much more of a group effort, everyone needs to participate to get the higher scores.
    Raids, pit is on auto, HAAT can be soloed and sith is nearly there anyway. 8 teams can be used to completely solo. Taken down to 4 or 5, if you use shaak clones to end phase 2, complete phase 3 and 4.

It isn’t really a group effort because of that reason

I don’t. Fortunately, raids offer separate rewards to players, depending on where they are. This means that if you join the raid, but don’t participate, you aren’t going to get the same rewards as someone who has put the effort in to get higher. It also allows some competition in a guild, as unfortunately, TW and TB are much more of a group effort, everyone needs to participate to get the higher scores.
    Raids, pit is on auto, HAAT can be soloed and sith is nearly there anyway. 8 teams can be used to completely solo. Taken down to 4 or 5, if you use shaak clones to end phase 2, complete phase 3 and 4.

It isn’t really a group effort because of that reason

Since they are outdated, and the rewards tend to be bland anyway, it is time to either let them be simmed or the rewards need to be shaken up or that other raid needs to be released. I understand the theory of creating competition in the raid, but the practice is that the same 10-15 people actually participate and the rest seem not to care beyond collecting their shards.
  • This game is built around paltry rewards to make you $ for them elsewhere.
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    See, whilst the rewards do need a slight boost, if you miss out of top 10 by 1000 points, that means that the person who got 10th place deserved it more. In a race, if you came second by 0.1 seconds, you don’t get a first place trophy, you get second place. You don’t get remembered as the person who could have gotten first if they where 0.1 seconds faster, you get remembered as the person who was second. The rewards could do with a slight boost, but not enough that if you place 11th, you get near same rewards as 10th place.

This is pretty ridiculous. 1,000 points is just RNG. The guy in 10th landed an extra crit. Nothing more. When you do 59,999,000 and get 11th while the guy in 10th did 60,000,000 the effort is exactly the same, and neither deserves good rewards over the other.

Using places to determine rewards is dumb anyway. It should be damage thresholds, and maybe top 10 gets an added bonus, but not to the extent that rewards outside of top 10 are essentially useless as they are today in all 3 raids.
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Damage is what gives place. Place determines rewards.
    My guild buddies and I were just talking about the new raid that was postponed. The rumor mill has it that there was a separation in the employer/employee relationship at a certain company. One of the gang suggested that that is why the raid is delayed, due to GL and the current need to redo the games code. I was wondering if there was anything more official that cubby and ahnold. I don't really watch their videos anymore, they seem more click bait than actually useful.
  • OldBoy
    33 posts Member
    Damage thresholds, absolutely should be based on that!
  • OldBoy wrote: »

Could you explain what you mean by damage thresholds? Obviously its not the amount of damage one does in raid?
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    OldBoy wrote: »

Could you explain what you mean by damage thresholds? Obviously its not the amount of damage one does in raid?

Obviously it's exactly that.

But to expand, in order to get X set of rewards, you have to do Y amount of damage, regardless of placement against your friends, with whom you should not have to fight to get decent rewards. If they still want to add some 'friendly competition' you can give a few extra tokens or something equally silly as extra motivation.
  • StarSon wrote: »

But to expand, in order to get X set of rewards, you have to do Y amount of damage, regardless of placement against your friends, with whom you should not have to fight to get decent rewards. If they still want to add some 'friendly competition' you can give a few extra tokens or something equally silly as extra motivation.

For example, every 1 mil damage is another tier?
    Only downfall to that, as far as I can see, would be the rest of the guild taking from the possible damage pool. On a good day, I can deal about 60 to 65 mil damage. I have to be quick, because the phases go fast and if I can't hit phase 2, which has become rare, my score drops. So I can't reach my full potential to max my rewards. Things just go too quickly now.
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

Right
    Only downfall to that, as far as I can see, would be the rest of the guild taking from the possible damage pool. On a good day, I can deal about 60 to 65 mil damage. I have to be quick, because the phases go fast and if I can't hit phase 2, which has become rare, my score drops. So I can't reach my full potential to max my rewards. Things just go too quickly now.

Sure, it's not perfect, but it's way better than what we have. Obviously the people that register and take a zero shouldn't get a top 10 reward, but the reward discrepancy, particularly in the STR, between top 10 and top 20 is terrible.

Our top 20 right now is doing something like 30M, and top 10 cutoff is generally 60M. Both require effort, and should be rewarded accordingly. And then we have guilds with multiple solos, but there are 3 or 4 possible scores for a solo, because of the whole Traya-eating-Sion-and-Nihilus mechanic. In that instance, the person in 11th could easily have put in the EXACT SAME effort as the person in first place for definitely terrible rewards (as opposed to possibly terrible, because first place can still be bad if RNG isn't your friend).
  • StarSon wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

Right

Sure, it's not perfect, but it's way better than what we have. Obviously the people that register and take a zero shouldn't get a top 10 reward, but the reward discrepancy, particularly in the STR, between top 10 and top 20 is terrible.

Our top 20 right now is doing something like 30M, and top 10 cutoff is generally 60M. Both require effort, and should be rewarded accordingly. And then we have guilds with multiple solos, but there are 3 or 4 possible scores for a solo, because of the whole Traya-eating-Sion-and-Nihilus mechanic. In that instance, the person in 11th could easily have put in the EXACT SAME effort as the person in first place for definitely terrible rewards (as opposed to possibly terrible, because first place can still be bad if RNG isn't your friend).

Thanks. That makes it clear. So far, I can hold my own in the top 5... ish. I would like to see the rewards restructured, but CG... I don't really know if there is a way to reward and incentivize participation.
  • Tezza23
    88 posts Member
    Dont think it should be simable cause there’s hardly anything to do as it is but it maybe better to have grand arena style milestones Like 20mill grants you guaranteed Top 20 prize 40 mill top 10 , 60 mill top 3. Don’t know but the current system sucks , guilds supposed to work together not fight.
  • I think when the new raid finally drops, they should make the option available and leave it up to the guilds to play the raid or not.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH