2x1/2 = double drops. LOL

Prev1
roychan1009
2 posts Member
edited May 2020
Hi, I’m a Hong Kong SWGOH player.(GMT+8)
Let’s discuss the following question.

What make EA a cheater?
My answer: Double drop day

Proof:
sy1vylnh482x.png
g520tgj0x3sp.png
Post edited by roychan1009 on

Replies

• littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    looks like you got double of every drop there, what exactly is the cheating part?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • looks like you got double of every drop there, what exactly is the cheating part?

Indeed, double of every drop of useless gear there.

For what you except to be double:
    First picture: 20sim for 2x Mk12 ArmaTek Fusion
    Second picture: 8sim for 2x Hero Poe

• littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    You got double the poe shards based on that run of RNG and double MK12 Fusion, so it looks like double drops are working fine.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    looks like you got double of every drop there, what exactly is the cheating part?

Indeed, double of every drop of useless gear there.

For what you except to be double:
    First picture: 20sim for 2x Mk12 ArmaTek Fusion
    Second picture: 8sim for 2x Hero Poe

1 for 20, is bad, but happens at times.

1 for 8 on a hard node, again, not ideal, but happens.

You got double of those pulls. so not sure what part you got cheated out of.
  • Yeah not entirely sure of the cheating part here. Did you get double drops confused with double drop RATES? Cos the latter isn't a thing.
  • If you like Self-deception, fine.
    I’m sure more player will hate EA if EA do so.
  • because 2x0=0 this is why double drops are a bad promo and people feel cheated by a greedy company
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Nice to see this bingo card punched each time we get double drops.

Just don't do any sims on double drop days if you dislike them.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    because 2x0=0 this is why double drops are a bad promo and people feel cheated by a greedy company

People feel cheated because they have unrealistic expectation of some fairly simple mathematical concepts. that has literally nothing to do with who offers them.
  • Fattaro
    50 posts Member
    My double drop has started one hour before I collected more then 700 energy for kyro gear. Before the double drop it was average like before but when started to use 700 energy for dd this means more then 70 attemp, I got 10 kyro gear for 70 attempts and also I was collecting blue shard for rey. It is badly effected. With %20 drop rate it should be around 25-30.

We faced same thing with rebel y wings. I just activated as 4* using 50/50/50/100/100/100 energy refresh for all 5 days. Normally it should be 5* and very close to be 6*

Now they will say bad rng or something like that? They will needed more attempts around 1000 to be sure. Many people complain about recently drop rates and many of them are not using this forum in my guild. If you want to good things for us like that please do not.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Fattaro wrote: »
    Now they will say bad rng or something like that? They will needed more attempts around 1000 to be sure. Many people complain about recently drop rates and many of them are not using this forum in my guild. If you want to good things for us like that please do not.

how many of them have actually recorded their data?
  • Fattaro
    50 posts Member
    This is just a game, not a statistical things or science and we are playing game therefore many of us don’t record any data. This game is a computer program and it record data as a log. This is very easy to investigate by developers.

You should listen this kind of complaints because we are also customer and customer feedback are very important. Ea, cg needs to earn money to continue develops this game and I already paid a lot of money.
  • 3 players quit this week but maybe that's bad rng
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    3 players quit this week but maybe that's bad rng

More people have talked about quitting due to concerns over Apple's data sharing policies than anything game related in my guild this month, so probably just good rng.
  • Vi1teran_
    218 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    because 2x0=0 this is why double drops are a bad promo and people feel cheated by a greedy company

People feel cheated because they have unrealistic expectation of some fairly simple mathematical concepts. that has literally nothing to do with who offers them.

That's an over simplification. Sure, some people have unrealistic expectations but the reality is that some people feel "cheated" because they don't trust a company with poor communication and a track record of questionable behaviour.
  • Vi1teran_ wrote: »

That's an over simplification. Sure, some people have unrealistic expectations but the reality is that some people feel "cheated" because they don't trust a company with poor communication and a track record of questionable behaviour.
    And because they don’t keep track of the reality of their drop rates, just go on feels and short-term unlucky streaks.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    This is just a game, not a statistical things or science and we are playing game therefore many of us don’t record any data. This game is a computer program and it record data as a log. This is very easy to investigate by developers.

You should listen this kind of complaints because we are also customer and customer feedback are very important. Ea, cg needs to earn money to continue develops this game and I already paid a lot of money.

But they do have the data and balance everything they do based on that. As far as models go they seem to be doing ok business wise.

Complaints about drop rates doesnt mean they are bad, just that some players want to progress faster.....there is already a way to do that built into the game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Vi1teran_ wrote: »

That seems like a personal issue, because in reality they have never changed any of the drop rates that anyone complains about...... so you can question their behavior all you want, it doesn't change reality.

Even the most recent issue, they never stated the rates for this event, but they were changed and they should have announced that before the event started.
  • Devs are never going to give us anything “free”. Double drops are intended to get you to buy crystals. Everything is about the $.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ZAP wrote: »

But they do have the data and balance everything they do based on that. As far as models go they seem to be doing ok business wise.

Complaints about drop rates doesnt mean they are bad, just that some players want to progress faster.....there is already a way to do that built into the game.

Curious to know how you know they are doing ok business wise. In order to determine that, wouldn’t you need to be privy to a ton of information?

The only entities I’d safely say are doing ok business wise in this are Disney, Google and Apple.

I'm not sure why your list is so limited, or do you mean directly connected to this game?

What do you base this on?
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

Curious to know how you know they are doing ok business wise. In order to determine that, wouldn’t you need to be privy to a ton of information?

The only entities I’d safely say are doing ok business wise in this are Disney, Google and Apple.

9a4ry9p1zkuy.jpg
    Did someone say privy?
  • What nodes are doubled on Wed the 27th?

I'm still in the evening of May 26, but I'd maybe like to buy energy refreshes just before changeover.
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    What nodes are doubled on Wed the 27th?

I'm still in the evening of May 26, but I'd maybe like to buy energy refreshes just before changeover.

should be light and dark side nodes
  • Vi1teran_
    218 posts Member
    Vi1teran_ wrote: »

That seems like a personal issue, because in reality they have never changed any of the drop rates that anyone complains about...... so you can question their behavior all you want, it doesn't change reality.

Even the most recent issue, they never stated the rates for this event, but they were changed and they should have announced that before the event started.

I personally don't think they change drop rates. You said it has literally nothing to do with who offers them. That's ****. I've played alot of other games and rarely see people question the integrity of the development team to the extent it is here. I think that's on them (CG) as much as the player base.
  • 3 players quit this week but maybe that's bad rng

Our guild lost two longtime players this week too. 3.5M and 4.5M GP. They both said it just wasn’t fun anymore. Who can blame them?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I'm not sure why your list is so limited, or do you mean directly connected to this game?

What do you base this on?

Of course I meant this game, since you were quoting a post that specifically stated EA/CG.

If you were talking about mobile freemium games in general, that really doesn’t mean much as there are so many factors involved in what one would consider “doing ok business wise” and every company has their own benchmarks for success.

I listed the 3 entities that I assume are doing well based on their perceived limited costs to return. I also assume Disney struck a smart deal and usually the company who licenses the brand does better than the licensee.

Anyway, I assumed you meant EA/CG is doing ok business wise with this game and I simply asked you how you could determine that.

I would assume that those 3 entities are doing well and that has almost nothing to do with this game.
This discussion has been closed.