GAC Matchmaking! Me below 4m GP get into Group with high 4.xm and 3 GL!!!

Manolo_GER
37 posts Member
edited May 2020
Hello

I seriously have to complain about the Matchmaking! Not just that I have the same Opponents all the time, now I get matched with Opponents that are way higher in GP then me:

This is my Profile:
https://swgoh.gg/p/973864746/

This was an Opponent last Round:
https://swgoh.gg/p/339968323/

He has 4,7m GP while I have 3.9m. How is it possible that I get matched with a guy like that? But the current round beats everything. The whole group is obove 4m with one at 4.1m but the rest around 4.4-4.6m and three of them are having GL! Here are some examples of my group:

Slaveen 4.5m and GL Rey: https://swgoh.gg/p/545656861/
Qronic 4.4m and GL Kylo: https://swgoh.gg/p/114593296/
Tonifer4 4.4m withGL Rey: https://swgoh.gg/p/388947342/
Oh no its Troy 4.6m: https://swgoh.gg/p/966156965/

How should this matchmaking be anything but fair? How should I have the slightest chance on this round? Is this the kind of fun you making for your players or do you just want to bury this game?!

FIX THE BLOODY MATCHMAKING!!!!
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    This is the consequence of your decision to go very narrow on your relics with many r7s. You are facing other players who have built up the very top of their roster quite a bit, which will also generally push you above your GP level if you are very narrow. Now, GL owners are likely to be found in those types of rosters (very concentrated top 80 GP on high relics).

Everyone was very well aware of how mm worked long before relics, so it was a choice to focus on high numbers of r7s, which greatly impacts GP and can lead to more difficult matches.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • This is the consequence of your decision to go very narrow on your relics with many r7s. You are facing other players who have built up the very top of their roster quite a bit, which will also generally push you above your GP level if you are very narrow. Now, GL owners are likely to be found in those types of rosters (very concentrated top 80 GP on high relics).

Everyone was very well aware of how mm worked long before relics, so it was a choice to focus on high numbers of r7s, which greatly impacts GP and can lead to more difficult matches.

So how should I compete in Arena without having also R7 toons for my arena team? And most of my reliced toons are R4 not R7. There is also no official statement how the matchmaking works and I clearly have no idea of that. But I see its completly unbalanced!!!

• littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    Manolo_GER wrote: »
    This is the consequence of your decision to go very narrow on your relics with many r7s. You are facing other players who have built up the very top of their roster quite a bit, which will also generally push you above your GP level if you are very narrow. Now, GL owners are likely to be found in those types of rosters (very concentrated top 80 GP on high relics).

So how should I compete in Arena without having also R7 toons for my arena team? And most of my reliced toons are R4 not R7. There is also no official statement how the matchmaking works and I clearly have no idea of that. But I see its completly unbalanced!!!

It has always told us in game how mm works. Its up to you to figure out how to build your roster for what you want to focus on, just understand that there are consequences of any roster design.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Manolo_GER wrote: »

It has always told us in game how mm works. Its up to you to figure out how to build your roster for what you want to focus on, just understand that there are consequences of any roster design.

I dont know where you got your information but I'm not aware of any Information in the game about MM. And still the MM is not even close to beeing balanced if you see my situation!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    [...]

How should this matchmaking be anything but fair? How should I have the slightest chance on this round? Is this the kind of fun you making for your players or do you just want to bury this game?!

FIX THE BLOODY MATCHMAKING!!!!

You have matching division, league and top-X GP. The differences is just how each of you/them built your/their rosters. If they built stronger rosters than you then congratulations to them.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

I dont know where you got your information but I'm not aware of any Information in the game about MM. And still the MM is not even close to beeing balanced if you see my situation!

There you go:

x755tx02le56.jpg

MM does not aim to be balanced. It's supposed to reward players who build their rosters better.
  • So thats why there are so many matches where the other player has significantly more G12, G13 and reliced Toons then me? And also have a much higher GP! Also matching players with GL vs players that dont have then and have much less GP and less high geared toons makes sense yes?
  • Taking all the 501st to r7 was definitely not necessary to compete in arena. An r7 toon has 6-7K more GP than an r4 toon, so you need to think carefully about which ones you take to that level.

And total GP means nothing. You’ll use 66 (ish) toons in GAC, so their GP is all that matters.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    So thats why there are so many matches where the other player has significantly more G12, G13 and reliced Toons then me? And also have a much higher GP! Also matching players with GL vs players that dont have then and have much less GP and less high geared toons makes sense yes?

Total GP is irrelevant since you only use about (10 x number of defensive slots) characters to win in 5v5. Yes, you've built a strong Reliced top of your roster, but the lower end of your top-80 is rather weak:

5x5pvlgcb729.jpg

Again:
    Players with GL simply built towards it and should benefit in GAC. You can't really blame matchmaking for not having a GL of your own.