Padme

I unlocked her recently but i wonder if geos gear 11 sun fac gear 9 and alpha gear 12 is enough to get her 7*

Replies

• I didn't use Geos to unlock her, so I can't be certain.

I hear good things about Brood Alpha making the event easy, and the superstar of your squad is going to be GeoSpy who can one-shot Padmé or her allies if they have just a few buffs (and Padmé's squad acquires a lot of buffs). So I would definitely give it a try.

Mod Spy for Damage - don't worry about speed. You gain TM when other Geos land debuffs, and Soldier is going to passing out a lot of TenacityDOWN. Zeta Brood Alpha's summon if you can.

The order in which you place the Geos in your squad is going to matter, since it calls the ally assists in order that the characters were placed in the squad. Obviously Brood Alpha has to be #1 because that's the leadership slot.

After that, however, Sun Fac should be in slot #2 (because he dispells buffs), then Soldier (to inflict TenacityDOWN) and only then do you want Poggle (for Ability Block). Spy is your last toon.

Note that this has no effect on speed. It only matters for the order in which assists are called.

Go ahead and let buffs stack up on characters you want to one-shot with spy. Don't use other Geos to attack them to "soften them up" because then Sun Fac would inflict a dispel, and what's really going to kill them is Spy's bonus damage from their buffs.

There are videos that will go into more detail, I'm sure. Good luck.
  • Thank you
  • @MasterSeedy For the Geo squad order, I have read that the last two are Spy, then Poggle. Could you please elaborate on why Spy should be last? Thanks.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • MasterSeedy
    5036 posts Member
    @DaarthBrewer

Sorry, I thought I was simplifying things.

The truth is that Sun Fac NEEDS to be the first one after the leadership slot, not only to dispel tenacityUP, but also DefenseUP and other buffs that might mitigate damage. .

After that,you want Soldier before Poggle, because soldier inflicts TenacityDOWN and Poggle inflicts an important debuff (AbilityBLock).

But after Sun Fac the only rule that really matters is Soldier-before-Poggle.

As soon as the defenses are dispelled, since Spy doesn't inflict a debuff on its basic, you could put Spy right after Sun Fac and before Soldier. People don't. But you could.

This leads to a situation where, if you understand why you want certain bugs before others, you realize that all of the following are fine:

GBA (L), SF, Spy, Soldier, Poggle
    GBA (L), SF, Soldier, Spy, Poggle
    GBA (L), SF, Soldier, Poggle,, Spy

One of those is any better than any others, since the real rule is to use any line up that satisfies these criteria:
    • GBA in lead spot
    • Sun Fac before all others
    • Soldier before Poggle.

So the lineup you're talking about works just fine. The lineup I mentioned works just fine. There's no difference.

That's a lot more information than I would normally offer, but I hope you now understand why different people are telling you different orders.

• Thanks for clarifying, I shared this information with my guild and even officers didn't realize that it was a "thing".
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Hold on, I thought it was confirmed that assist order that was determined by animation speed
  • @MasterSeedy Are you saying that the order after the leader spot matters? Is this just for Geos?
  • MasterSeedy
    5036 posts Member
    @Old_Ben12345

Yes, it matters. Changing the order can impact who is targeted by the enemy AI with certain attacks, etc.

But you can't really control those things. You don't know before the battle which order would be most advantageous.

EXCEPT in this one area: when a mass assist is called (like with General Kenobi, or JKR, or any Geo under a Brood Alpha lead), the order in which the assists are called matters. Now, every source I've seen before @HK666 just above you has said that it's the order in which the mass assist is called is just the squad order.

So if you want Ahsoka or ShaakTi to assist first in order to dispel protections, then you put them in the #2 spot. Padme or JKR or whomever will actually be called first, but you can't help that. At least for the rest of your squad you'll be able to deal damage and inflict debuffs without worrying about tenacityUP or ProtectionUP or that Assault Battle special buff "Overcharge" or whatever else.

Since Geos call mass assists all the time, it's especially important for them. You want defensive buffs dispelled first (and Sun Fac does that for you, so put him #2) and you want TenacityDOWN before trying to land any debuffs (so Soldier before Poggle). Spy just needs to go after Sun Fac so he's not hitting while they still have bonus protection or defense up. But Soldier's TenacityDOWN doesn't matter to spy, since Spy doesn't inflict any debuffs on basic.

So you stick Brood Alpha first, Sun Fac second, and of the remainder, you need to make sure Soldier comes before Poggle.

Likewise, if you're going to be using a Jedi Revan, or Commander Cody or GK mass assist, you want to think about which order would be most advantageous, then put your toons in that order when assembling your squad.

If you have saved squads, make sure the saved version is in the order you want so that you don't have to reshuffle the squad every time.

Now, maybe JK666 is right, and this doesn't work b/c order is determined by animation length. Again, that's not how I understand things to happen, but even if it's true, putting your squad in this order wouldn't hurt. It just wouldn't help either.

it's hard for me to confirm by eye that the order really is what I think it should be, but I'll try to slow things down and take a look to make sure. In any case, it won't hurt, and from everything I've seen, it will help ... but the help I suppose isn't guaranteed.
  • You can autoplay Padme with Geos
  • Darth_DeVito
    1232 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    @MasterSeedy Are you saying that the order after the leader spot matters? Is this just for Geos?

Team order matters in several ways. When multiple Jedi die in an AOE, JKR's Savior revives the person in slot #2, so you probably want to place Jolee there. The same logic applies to Old Daka and Zombie's revive. Or Fives' "bug" where his sacrifice isn't triggered if several clones die during the same turn and he happens to be the first. That's why he should be in the last slot, even though this scenario seems extremely unlikely. (In a GAC defense team, it might be more beneficial to swap Fives and Rex and hope that your opponent goes for the clone on the left out of habit :p ).

The attack order on a group assist is presumably also determined by their order of placement. At least plenty of people seem to be certain of this and there are YT vidoes to suggest that this is indeed the case. I think it can't hurt to adjust the team accordingly and place Sun Fac (dispel) and Soldier (tenacity down) before Poggle (ability block).

Other teams where placement order could matter are Padme and Ewoks (Ahsoka / Paploo in #2 for the dispel),
    BH (Jango and Dengar last since Dengar calls an assist and Jango attacks twice if the opponent is debuffed), Nute (Dooku in #2 for his stun if he's not leading, Jango last for the double tap on debuff), and Imp Troopers (Starck second for defense down, followed by DT for stun & double tap).
  • No matter where you put spirit, her animation speed is such that she will always hit last.

So assist call probably goes in order but if any attacks are not instant or have longer animation times, the order called won't make a lot of difference.

I have not tested much with geos but it is possible their animation speeds happen to all be the same length