Arena rank/ Galactic war

So if your arena rank is like in the thousand you face easier opponents in galactic war? And if it's closer to top your opponents get harder in GW?

Replies

• Some people seem to think so, but I've held ranks fluctuating around 50-100+ and never faced a harder selection of teams than my first 1 or 2 wars, when I was still low 40's in level and usually 150+ ranked. Since then, there has only been one or two seriously challenging teams in the war runs for me, so I don't think they're related.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • I think it's based on the power level of your arena team.
  • TheVinegru wrote: »
    I think it's based on the power level of your arena team.

So if I put a low power level in my squad arena I'll have low power opponents in galactic war?
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    Hmmm. This is something I'd like to know. It seems that I draw some pretty random difficulties from the GW. Sometimes I snooze thru it and other times I run into some tuff teams. I changed my arena team last night, my rank got better by 100 or so, but lower power rating. I sailed thru the gw today. Gonna have to keep an eye on this.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    since I'm turn level 50 in 3days ago. I have been Completed 3 consecutive time in the GW.

Arena- i used to be around 201-500 then i moved up to 101-200 rank.

I have 13K power
  • My arena ranking has been consistent.

My power level goes up daily.

My GW's get harder daily.

I would be lying if I said I knew anything but what I just said, but it seems there's a correlation between power level and GW difficulty.
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I just pulled 2 lvl 43's, a 34, a 20, and a lvl 1 on the 3rd to last fight of today's GW, and nothing else over lvl 50 the whole way. I'm lvl 53 and was using a 13.7k power team. Those choices definitely weren't based on my power lvl. I guess I will remain confused.
  • I'm 53 now, 16.5k arena power and I'm starting to face lvl 60 teams in gw now. Not the ones with all lvl 60 all epic gear I sometimes get (I've got my first when i was 43 lol, got rekt pretty hard), just normal teams with half blue half purple gear.

It gets harder daily though, my best guess is that you face people with rank similar to yours..
  • I tried losing a pvp game at rank 19 today with a team of all 1's before I reset my GW. Didn't seem to have any effect.
  • Okay I have a question that I'm hoping someone can answer. In arena my team power is around 12000 but for some reason I am ranked around 2500 and It is very hard to rank up. Can some tell me why this is happening or what I can do to fix this?
  • 12000 is very low unless it's still a very new server? In which case you just need to farm better pvp toons
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    My Arena is consistant top 5
    My Arena team was gone from 26k to 26.1k in a few weeks (so no change)
    GW is getting harder but not yet impossible
    {RotE}
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    D0SRARE wrote: »
    TheVinegru wrote: »
    I think it's based on the power level of your arena team.

So if I put a low power level in my squad arena I'll have low power opponents in galactic war?

No, it's based off your highest squad power from Arena. Galactic War can only get harder, not easier. Minus RNG
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    The official answer is your opponents are based off of the highest power rating of your arena team win. You cannot sandbag it by lowering your power rating; it is always/permanently based on the highest rating you won with.
  • The problem with the current system, is that power level is not an accurate way of determing the strength of a team. Poggle for example has a very high powed level because he has 2500 + special damage, however he doesnt have a special attack. I have seen teams with full 7* at 70 and only have 24-25k power. I have 2x 7*, 2x6* and 1 4* at level 68 and have over 25k, so I constantly fighting full 7* 70 teams. As far as I am aware, increasing skills doesnt increase powerlevel either (or if it does its very little. There is also no way of including group synergies in team power level. For example, a droid army can be devastating, but the power rating does not increase by having all droids etc. There is also not enougb credits/training droids in game to allow for multiple teams, meaning that the more you level just 1 set off toos, the wider the gap between your A team and B teams. Add to this the survival part, and cooldown carry over, and GW can be almost impossible for some, but very easy for others, based upon their situation in game.

Also, incase anyone wanted to know. The system of highest arena power determining GW opponents was confirmed by Im_not_a_jedi (dev) over on reddit, we're not just making it up lol