Now that we've introduced Cap ships destroyed

2Next

Replies

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Current ship fights are designed like skirmishes that takes place in close vicinity to the cap ship. It would make no sense to be able to defeat the cap ship and then fight goes on to beat a few insignificant ships in comparison. Your suggestion is something the mechanics would allow, but still would make zero sense.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Current ship fights are designed like skirmishes that takes place in close vicinity to the cap ship. It would make no sense to be able to defeat the cap ship and then fight goes on to beat a few insignificant ships in comparison. Your suggestion is something the mechanics would allow, but still would make zero sense.

You are extrapolating ideas not suggested and then saying those extrapolations wouldn't make sense. I proposed 1 idea. The general idea upon proposal doesn't need all of the nuances explicitly stated. If I tell my wife I want a greenhouse she doesn't get to tell me no because I am not yet prepared to give her blueprints and a work permit.

You guys defecate on ideas all the time in the forums because people that propose an idea don't simultaneously give all possible nuances.

I also want:
    Squad arena that instead using 1 squad does exactly what Grand Arena is. I want to be able to enter and fight Grand Arenas 24/7. Oh, horrible idea because I'm not discussing:
    - rewards
    - time zones
    - divisions
    Oh guess we jist can't do it then because all of the nuances haven't been posited.
  • ZAP wrote: »
    It seems the devs have plenty on their plate at the moment. This is just too much right now.

They are working on more art that’s why.
  • To kill off the Cap ship with fighters, the battles would have to be much longer than they currently are.

While, sure, you could increase the time allowed per battle, I don't actually want to spend 20 minutes on a battle. I have enough going on. And while I personally usually only have to fight a single battle to take 1st in fleet arena each day, imagine the horror of having 5 * 20 minute battles each day to get as far as you can up the ladder for rewards.

Nope. Either everything would have to be so thoroughly revamped that killing a cap ship + fleet is easily possible in under 5 minutes - so easy as to justify the same 5-minute cutoff timer - or you could add a feature to battles that are substantially similar to what we have now ... and that would take much longer to accomplish. And that would be bad for everyone who plays fleet arena more than 1x per day.

So, I'm a no on this one. And I don't slam every new idea, but this one I don't like.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »

You are extrapolating ideas not suggested and then saying those extrapolations wouldn't make sense. I proposed 1 idea. The general idea upon proposal doesn't need all of the nuances explicitly stated. If I tell my wife I want a greenhouse she doesn't get to tell me no because I am not yet prepared to give her blueprints and a work permit.

You guys defecate on ideas all the time in the forums because people that propose an idea don't simultaneously give all possible nuances.

I also want:
    Squad arena that instead using 1 squad does exactly what Grand Arena is. I want to be able to enter and fight Grand Arenas 24/7. Oh, horrible idea because I'm not discussing:
    - rewards
    - time zones
    - divisions
    Oh guess we jist can't do it then because all of the nuances haven't been posited.

Huh, what am I exactly extrapolating? Who are we guys? I think my post is perfectly clear. You asked cap ships to be destroyable and I reasoned the current setup ship fights play in doesn't make any sense for cap ships to be destroyable. Stay on topic please.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    We need more ships before we move to something like attacking capital ships.

We should have enough ships to fully max each capital ship and we are far from that at this point. More ships first, then other amenities.

Read my original post and think more deeply

Why? He still has a far better point. Why would we change how it works before we get full use out of all the capital ships. Not enough fighters to have all cap ships have 7 fighters is a much larger problem in game than having the ability to wipe out the other teams capital ship

Because programmers can make the game better with more than 1 improvement at a time.

Your suggestion that this would be better or an improvement is a matter of opinion.

Well that's true. My easy retort though is that all things moving closer to lore are improvements

Might be easy for you to make it but my easy reretort is I don't care about lore one bit.

Meh, some lore kinda makes the game fun.

Otherwise, what’s the point and this game could be anything.

This game is everything. This isn’t the first game with this setup. And Marvel uses it. And the rest of Disney uses it. The developers are really just trying to keep a mobile app running, which unfortunately means that lore often gets pushed to the side.

True, but without any lore every character may as well be a plain gray shape. Love of Star Wars is what make us play this game instead of Marvel. Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes sounds much more engaging than Shape Wars: Domain of Polygons. Although the more I think about it...

I guess I should specify that the OP is referring to lore during gameplay, which is the type of lore that I mentioned getting pushed to the side. The character designs and overall game design is Star Wars, and they rarely have to sacrifice that.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

I also want:
    - rewards
    - time zones
    - divisions

Its a forum. Your part, as a poster, is to construct a well thought out idea that makes me question my thoughts on the subject and interact with your idea.

You havent done that.

Youve stated capital ships are destroyable because in star wars lore they are.

I get the concept, but light sabers slashing a guy typically kill them in star wars lore... but none of the jedi in this game have a lore friendly basic because lore isnt more important than game play.

You want people to not "defecate" on your idea? Fill it out more. List what you think it should be like and why. Put in the effort.

If thats too difficult, dont bother... but dont be surprised to get responses of 'they should fix the current issues first before changing how the mode works'.

Lore isnt the most important thing in this game. Again, if it were light saber would = instant kill on any attack. Storm troopers wouldnt be able to land most of their hits and even tie fighters would be destroyed by one hit.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

I don't understand the lore friendliness of the idea. I'm not that much of a lore chaser. But within the current structure ship fight take place in, they are nowhere like ship core runs, but rather a very small slice of a grand battle between 2 caps, where caps aren't in any danger at all. Maybe but maybe intervention with the skills of the caps or some skill that moves the skirmish away from both caps control might be a idea.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Lore is important, that’s why this game is popular, yes. But sometimes, when it comes to gameplay, lore just has to be sacrificed. If we had legitimate lore working in ship battles, then we’d probably jump in with varying amounts of “capital ships” (determined likely by faction and faction size), ships would be constantly moving, you could retreat, you would have to have a specific battle plan before jumping in, damaged ships would likely suffer all sorts of system failures, and most of all, you wouldn’t find Bossk fighting side by side with someone like Anakin Skywalker. That would be closer to accurate. Instead, CG came up with a crisp little system for battling with ships that is very different from actual “Star Wars lore” space combat.

I understand that lore is what makes SWGOH SWGOH, but when it comes to gameplay, it’s hard to make the argument that lore is most important.
  • It's a good idea but I don't see them basically reworking how ship combat works, that's not enough return of investment for them. Probably.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »

I also want:
    - rewards
    - time zones
    - divisions

Its a forum. Your part, as a poster, is to construct a well thought out idea that makes me question my thoughts on the subject and interact with your idea.

You havent done that.

Youve stated capital ships are destroyable because in star wars lore they are.

I get the concept, but light sabers slashing a guy typically kill them in star wars lore... but none of the jedi in this game have a lore friendly basic because lore isnt more important than game play.

You want people to not "defecate" on your idea? Fill it out more. List what you think it should be like and why. Put in the effort.

If thats too difficult, dont bother... but dont be surprised to get responses of 'they should fix the current issues first before changing how the mode works'.

Lore isnt the most important thing in this game. Again, if it were light saber would = instant kill on any attack. Storm troopers wouldnt be able to land most of their hits and even tie fighters would be destroyed by one hit.

I would argue that lore, which includes characters and kits is the most important thing in this game. Obviously they can’t follow lore to the letter and don’t, but without it, this game would not be as popular.

A lot of dev time is spent on lore in the game as evidenced by kits, interactions, art, sound and animations.

Perhaps if you look at it that way.

But again lore at the expense of gameplay never happens in this game. A basic move may get a lore friendly name and even animation... but it wont do what it does in the movie. One blaster shot from han would kill anyone (vader hand shot not withstanding).... but instead it just looks and sounds accurate.

Having a lore friendly game mechanic is not necessarily bad, but it also isnt necessarily good either.

Again iy comes down to gameplay. Lore is thrown out the door when it comes to gameplay.

So if you want a lore friendly gameplay element... its best to discuss what it is and why it could work. Simply saying something is in the lore doesnt mean it would be good for the gameplay amd experience