C. Dune farmable?

joelgs23
251 posts Member
edited May 2020
Any heard when we can farm her? I swear it’s been about 6 or 8 weeks since release?

Replies

• Morgoth01
    493 posts Member
    Don’t swear.
    She was released April 23rd, so don’t expect her for a little while longer.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    4-6 weeks until they go into shipments
    4-6 weeks after that until they go into a node.

Apparently both of those are give or take a week because CG isn't all that bothered to follow their own cadence when it doesn't suit them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Lysandrax wrote: »

Apparently both of those are give or take a week because CG isn't all that bothered to follow their own cadence when it doesn't suit them.

Please feel free to go back and look at marquee events and show us which ones didnt fit the cadence. They have followed it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    joelgs23 wrote: »
    Any heard when we can farm her? I swear it’s been about 6 or 8 weeks since release?

Event was the 23rd. This week was 5 weeks.
  • It’s too expensive to add her to shipments.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Please feel free to go back and look at marquee events and show us which ones didnt fit the cadence. They have followed it.

Vulture droid says hi
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Vulture droid says hi

August 2nd - Oct 30.

13 weeks, as they have said, they will have to wait for an update if it's doesnt work out as such....

So vulture can say Hi, but it doesnt prove that they did anything special or different than they have said would happen.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    hi

omg!!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member

Vulture droid says hi

August 2nd - Oct 30.

13 weeks, as they have said, they will have to wait for an update if it's doesnt work out as such....

So vulture can say Hi, but it doesnt prove that they did anything special or different than they have said would happen.

RHP was five days late to shipments and 13 days early (or so) to a node. Their schedule is flexible, at best.
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member

Vulture droid says hi

August 2nd - Oct 30.

So even when proven wrong, let’s add other ‘facts’ to make me right and protect CG.

Job well done.
  • joelgs23 wrote: »

we are getting close to when they will delay putting them in shipments. Too many packs to create.
  • joelgs23
    251 posts Member

Event was the 23rd. This week was 5 weeks.

Kyno, I am curious, what is the rationale for making people wait so long to farm new characters? Is it purely so that whales have a chance to buy them during the marquee and get two months playtime advantage? I can understand that as they financially support the game. But is there a bigger reason for the delay? It seems counterproductive to me, to introduce a character and then force everyone to wait two months to actually begin using them even though we have them in our roster. In my circumstance, it actually creates a bit of dislike for the game to have to wait to develop something I already have. it feels like a school prank to say here have something, “psych just kidding”. I am not a whale, but I do spend a fair amount of money on the game, and I would appreciate your insight as to why I’m (every actually) not allowed to farm the character yet? Thank you. Not angry, sincerely wondering.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Lets people who spend have a head start. FTP can wait.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »

But are people even spending on her?
  • LordDirt wrote: »

Moreover, it creates a strong incentive to spend in the first place. Few people would buy 3 crates of crystals to 7-star a character who becomes farmable a week later.
  • Darth_DeVito
    1231 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    ... In my circumstance, it actually creates a bit of dislike for the game to have to wait to develop something I already have. ...

Why wait? I've already gotten plenty of use out of my gear 11 Mando. He's great to have in 3v3. And he gave me an incentive to finish Aurra for a faster payout. She should be g12 and zeta-ed by the time Greef and Mando become farmable.

ETA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYvGDckhKa8
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member

Vulture droid says hi

August 2nd - Oct 30.

Hmmm, should we keep to what parameters we set for ourselves and push it with the update that is a week within cadence or be lazy and wait for the week after.
    Lets go for the week after for absolutely no reason.
    V responsible of CG, i agree, they are in the right, same way they were when they rewarded players who ignored their recommendations during the malak fiasco, CG has never done wrong by the players, i see that now.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    There certainly is an incentive to keep toons under leash. Many people also buy in the shipment period besides packs. How many will buy will depend on the desirability of the toon. Cara and Mando respectively:

y8e9dlv7z8e7.png
    ftceor8khqga.png
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Gamorrean wrote: »

Some people spend on everything.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • dalosto147
    282 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Gamorrean wrote: »

Swgoh.gg shows 201 Cara Dune at G13.
    So yes.

• It is much cheaper to buy during shipments. It is a little over 100$ vs 300$. People almost certainly buy during that time.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

Vulture droid says hi

Shouldnt it say roger roger.... or beep or something like that....
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited June 2020

Vulture droid says hi

August 2nd - Oct 30.

That seems like sliding the goal post to me.

Minimum we should expect is 8 weeks, maximum is 12 weeks. Them waiting 12 and then saying well we need a release and its not for another week is lazy.

If the cadence was some how a fix to a broken meta it would be released in a non-planned release.

So i know they can make a release anytime they want. Perhaps they just need to plan better so they dont get to the last minute and then need to delay.

Theyve given themselves a 4 week window... use it
  • joelgs23 wrote: »
    ... In my circumstance, it actually creates a bit of dislike for the game to have to wait to develop something I already have. ...

Why wait? I've already gotten plenty of use out of my gear 11 Mando. He's great to have in 3v3. And he gave me an incentive to finish Aurra for a faster payout. She should be g12 and zeta-ed by the time Greef and Mando become farmable.

ETA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYvGDckhKa8

This is Mando we’re talking about. Mando is a decent character. Cara on the other hand, is not so viable.
    Cara’s what this discussion is about!
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • @OP: not yet
  • The wait for her is killing me. I cant wait to get her geared up for millitary might.