TW Sandbagging issue

13Next

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Bytestream wrote: »
    I agree that it can hurt a Guild. On the other Hadn is TW and GAC the only "interesting" feature currently. When you are in a 300M Guild you can expect that people show up for the TW if not they have to reconsider if they are in the right place. You're also right that RL can become an issue there the variance of maybe 1-2% that means that one or players cannot take part.

Not everyone feels the same way about each game mode, and most players are not in 300M GP guilds. Any change to this would affect everyone, so we need to keep a wide angle lens on this one.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    WhoDat wrote: »
    Rewards tiers based on gp, makes sense, but matchups should really compare GLs, relics etc.

not necessarily. how effectively each of us builds our rosters should have some effect on us in the game mode, not just on what we walk away with.

Average GP would be a good add to refine match making, it should help limit the wide variance we see in MM.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Rewards tiers based on gp, makes sense, but matchups should really compare GLs, relics etc.

I disagree on the last part. Guilds that build stronger rosters (stronger for TW) should benefit.
  • LoL at all those defending the current system. Before reaching our GP we had perhaps 1 mismatch every 20 TW's. Once we went into top bracket, 3 out of 4 guilds we face in TW are 25-30m above us. Is it because HSTR, Alts, Sandbagging? no idea.. the effect is the same. Guilds with substantially higher GP avg per member gain a massive advantage in TW. HSTR excuse is lame because that **** reward structure has been a problem since day 1 and NOTHING has ever been done about it. To say because some want better loot so on top of that they should get advantageous matchups is laughable argument.. to say it PC.

Sandbagging happens in top tier - a lot. Intentional or not, a lot of guilds run at or below 44/45 in TW's and it benefits them immensely. I don't really give a rats **** reason why - it's still an advantage. Now, don't mind me - we've lost 10 TW's total and we still mostly beat sandbagging guilds as well. But we focus a lot on TW's and the average guild probably doesn't. Nothing will be done, can't fix this spaghetti code and get rid of simple bugs. I have no hopes they address issues like this or HSTR reward structure. Not sure what devs even do in this game anymore...
  • Mixelplux wrote: »
    LoL at all those defending the current system. Before reaching our GP we had perhaps 1 mismatch every 20 TW's. Once we went into top bracket, 3 out of 4 guilds we face in TW are 25-30m above us. Is it because HSTR, Alts, Sandbagging? no idea.. the effect is the same. Guilds with substantially higher GP avg per member gain a massive advantage in TW. HSTR excuse is lame because that **** reward structure has been a problem since day 1 and NOTHING has ever been done about it. To say because some want better loot so on top of that they should get advantageous matchups is laughable argument.. to say it PC.

Sandbagging happens in top tier - a lot. Intentional or not, a lot of guilds run at or below 44/45 in TW's and it benefits them immensely. I don't really give a rats **** reason why - it's still an advantage. Now, don't mind me - we've lost 10 TW's total and we still mostly beat sandbagging guilds as well. But we focus a lot on TW's and the average guild probably doesn't. Nothing will be done, can't fix this spaghetti code and get rid of simple bugs. I have no hopes they address issues like this or HSTR reward structure. Not sure what devs even do in this game anymore...
    Who in this thread is defending the current system?
  • Anariodin
    159 posts Member
    Just like GAC top tier being broad, the top tier of TW is broad... new tiers over time would be amazing
  • Mixelplux wrote: »
    LoL at all those defending the current system. Before reaching our GP we had perhaps 1 mismatch every 20 TW's. Once we went into top bracket, 3 out of 4 guilds we face in TW are 25-30m above us. Is it because HSTR, Alts, Sandbagging? no idea.. the effect is the same. Guilds with substantially higher GP avg per member gain a massive advantage in TW. HSTR excuse is lame because that **** reward structure has been a problem since day 1 and NOTHING has ever been done about it. To say because some want better loot so on top of that they should get advantageous matchups is laughable argument.. to say it PC.

Who in this thread is defending the current system?

Preemptive?
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Kudlaty wrote: »
    aqja5itbnx38.jpeg
    Galactic legends: our guild 1GLR 4SLK vs 22GLR 15SLK
    Our guild 48 people vs 40 (from what I saw most common in sandbagging) in opponent guild.
    When You have rotation set for 40 people, every guild member plays 4 TW and pause 1 - outcome per person: you win them all, you have more Zeta materials than from 5 loses and no morale problem in the guild. And of course as a bonus: bragging rights how awesome guild you have. It’s most common in highest reward bracket with guilds that have enough GP to stay in highest bracket with only 40 people participating. I can’t believe that developer can’t track that behavior- just look for guilds that have all the time around 40 out of 50 people participating. Guilds playing the system are taking away all fun from TW :(

5 GL's vs 37 GL's (1 Rey vs 22)? Sounds perfectly fair. Just clear those front walls with your own GL's and all your GAS, DR, JKR, Thrawn, GBA, Wat, etc. material and you'll have an easy day for sure.
    /s
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • veejayti
    168 posts Member
    I don't think there is anything that can reasonably be done concerning this issue. Just is what it is
  • veejayti wrote: »
    I don't think there is anything that can reasonably be done concerning this issue. Just is what it is

There are many things can be done about this issue, and I stated a few....
    TW/GA Counters Bot - https://discord.gg/jZH44Hb | Discord: SidiousIsPikachu#5768
  • Waqui wrote: »

I disagree on the last part. Guilds that build stronger rosters (stronger for TW) should benefit.

I don't agree with you often, but it's pretty hard to argue here. :smile:

My 2-step plan for TW matchmaking (in absence of broader changes like a bigger map, bonuses, etc.)

1) Raise the low-pass filter threshold for characters (and by extension effective GP) in the higher divisions. While 6k may have made sense at one point, it should probably be somewhere in the 12-15k range for the upper divisions. Someone in a 340GP guild isn't using G7 characters in TW...

2) Tighten the matchmaking algorithm to prevent matches with more than ±2 users. In divisions that have less guilds (and more risk of no match), this could perhaps be loosened a bit.

Other than that, let people play; at this point we all have copious amounts of information available about what characters are useful and how to mod correctly. If someone constructs a trash roster, they deserve to lose; garbage in, garbage out.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    BeralCator wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

I don't agree with you often, but it's pretty hard to argue here. :smile:

I don't believe I've noticed you before, so I wouldn't know how often I agree with you. But at least we agree here :smile:.