We Need Clarification on GAS/SLKR Now

Prev1
Cehmybro
58 posts Member
Since the Clash On Kamino event has returned all of the players who intend on putting resources towards acquiring GAS and powering him up to be his best need to know how this interaction between him and Supreme Leader Kylo Ren will be changed, or if there will be any changes at all.

Replies

• jman1234
    93 posts Member
    I am hoping that they do not make changes to this interaction by buffing SLKR, but I also believe GAS is still worth the investment even if they make the change. Also, the characters that they require you to gear up and get above the power threshold are all very strong and worth to upgrade except probably the 40K GP on Mace's Capital Ship if you are using that instead of the Negotiator.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    How would their interaction change if you would get GAS and gear him? He is a top character in the game no matter what.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Cehmybro
    58 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    How would their interaction change if you would get GAS and gear him? He is a top character in the game no matter what.

Because more of these GLs are being unlocked and if GAS gets nerfed or SLKR gets a buff that drastically changes his performance against GAS teams it would take your potential top 20 arena GAS team and hinder it. If I spend resources to complete the event, the GET1 to 7 star, the gear required to max out GAS, and THEN a change comes that would affect his arena viability after just unlocking him I would find it borderline deceptive by the developers to withhold that information while the event was active if they intended to make changes the whole time. When you say "he is a top character in the game no matter what" how do you know that? Do I think the change will make GAS a trash character? No I don't, but we won't know for sure until we get some more clarification and transparency on this issue.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Ok, believe what you will but he will still be a very valuable character and the people you need to get him will continue to be very valuable as well. Win/win for anyone to get GAS. Helps in arena, LSGEO and DSGEO TB and GAC. Cant lose.

PS, it is his third time to come back I believe. His time has run as a top arena team.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Cehmybro
    58 posts Member
    I get it, he will still be good. I said as much in my response to you. However, getting GAS to where he needs to be in order to make an impact in any of the game modes you listed above (except dsgeo, not sure how he helps there) is a financial decision for some out there. I would like to believe as much as you, but this game has given me very little to believe in for some months now and I wouldn't want my decision to spend resources (in-game currency or real money) to be based on faith, trust, and the power of positivity.
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    If you are going to invest in GAS mainly for purpose of using GAS+1 trick as SLKR counter then don't do it. :) Even if it won't be addressed by CG now people will eventually stop to use such easily countered teams on defense anyway. Also remember that GLs are supposed to be universal LS/DS toon, so any tricks people using now can die in any moment with introducing new toons which can be placed in GL teams.

However GAS has so many other uses that skipping him if he's currently within the reach doesn't seems wise. The only situation when I'd skipped him is if I needed to put comparable resources to grab GL, in that case GL surely would be my priority.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Completing the GAS event is definitely not for the GL Kylo counter.

GAS is one of the best toons in the game
  • So let say they buff Kylo and change GAS.
    So then you are not going to do the GAS event, 7* GAS and gear him ?
  • It would be funny if they nerf GAS and make P4 of the event much easier because of it
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I dont think anyone would not recommend getting GAS at this point in the game, no matter what happens to this interaction.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ZAP wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    I dont think anyone would not recommend getting GAS at this point in the game, no matter what happens to this interaction.

I recommend no players that I could get matched with in Div 2 get GAS

Kyno, Any word on the interaction fix that’s been ready?

Nope, only that they said it would have been too rushed to get it in the last update.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Cehmybro wrote: »
    Since the Clash On Kamino event has returned all of the players who intend on putting resources towards acquiring GAS and powering him up to be his best need to know how this interaction between him and Supreme Leader Kylo Ren will be changed, or if there will be any changes at all.
    No, they really don't.

No matter how they change the interaction, GAS will remain an excellent investment and one of the best units in the game. Nothing's going to change the fact that GAS is very much worth it, and will remain so for a very long time.

It's details. Not fundamentals. And unit value degrades over time normally.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    But people in another thread claimed he wouldn't come back until it was fixed.

I love this place.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • dogwelder79
    1465 posts Member
    I want to get GAS regardless of the fix.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    So let say they buff Kylo and change GAS.
    So then you are not going to do the GAS event, 7* GAS and gear him ?

If they are trying to focus on arena, and GAS suddenly can’t beat SLKR, then maybe someone who is currently planning on spending lots of resources to get GAS might decide to instead devote those resources to getting SLKR or Rey faster instead.

Not me personally, but it’s not a crazy request.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I love this place.

I honestly believed they wouldn’t bring him back until the fix was in place. It seems odd to bring him back before the fix actually.

But to follow that logic they'd have to take away all the other GAS' too.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator

I love this place.

I honestly believed they wouldn’t bring him back until the fix was in place. It seems odd to bring him back before the fix actually.
    They said the only issue is the 2v1 strat, they don't have any issues with GAS beating SLKR in a full squad. Its not like GAS is broken and needs to be fixed. Its just one squad lineup that they don't approve of

Ideally, yeah, CG should've resolved the interaction weeks ago when they announced it before they planned on returning GAS event
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

I love this place.

But to follow that logic they'd have to take away all the other GAS' too.

Huh? That makes zero sense

Anyone with GAS already put the resources in to get him. I’m not following what you’re saying at all.

And anyone that doesn't have GAS yet is getting the same GAS as everyone else that already put the resources in. It doesn't matter.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member

I love this place.

I’m pretty sure I was one of those people, but I said that they wouldn’t until they decided how that interaction was going to be changed. The fact that the event is back before the change is in place, one would think that the change is not to GAS himself, but to SLKR to protect him from the particular setup people are concerned with.

Kyno has said there is a fix, if that fix in some way has a detrimental effect on GAS in other areas of the game and CG has decided to hold it until after the event, then CG is only opening themselves up for yet more crap from the community.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    buff slkr, leave gas alone, just like I said in the beginning! I'm a genius!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • CadoaBane
    563 posts Member
    While everyone seems to worry about General Skywalker getting changed... has anyone ever thought about the possibility that they, instead, could just change Echo? ;)
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    While everyone seems to worry about General Skywalker getting changed... has anyone ever thought about the possibility that they, instead, could just change Echo? ;)

It's not just Echo. Works with pretty much any 501st as long as they die quick.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Morgoth01
    493 posts Member
    It would be nice to know what they plan on changing.
    CG will either buff slkr or nerf GAS. He will never be useless and the issue isn’t removal of that specific interaction, but CG have made sweeping changes previously to stop something like this, think zFinn.
    Would be nice before a bunch of resources are poured into GAS and his team to know the plan...