Military Might

Prev1
So, a little issue I have noticed with the Military Might event is that Challenge Tier Two is unreasonably difficult. I know that it is supposed to be hard but seriously?! I have full R7 501st, all zetas, 6* Mods, and I have tried Fives Lead with G12 +5 Zeta Chewie and G11 Z Cody just for his leadership. Both have gotten me to the final encounter with pretty good health and protection, greater than 70%. Then the RG, EP, Vader, and Thrawn blow me out of the water. Stuns all around, Fracture, Culling blade insta kill on Rex and every time EP shocks Rex right before Fives sacrifice and he doesn’t get the health back. None of the other Assault battles are nearly this bad. My Rex has 300 speed and everyone runs laps around my team (usually 3-4 turns) before I get one turn. I’m sure I can’t be the only one with this issue, a fix might be nice, just sayin

Replies

• P.S. The heal over time from the event specific ability doesn’t recover any of my clone’s health either when it is active. Only retribution works
  • Hortus
    621 posts Member
    It have been said a couple of times in the past that clones don't work well there. CLS-lead rebels with some relics and event buff spam in the first round to create countering hell gives best results.
  • CLS, Chewy, Han, 3po, R2. All zetas, only chewy and r2 g13. T2 is doable with that lineup.
  • TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    It seems like most of the challenge tier 2 assault battles favor one of the available factions far more than the other, you just happened to catch the wrong one by gearing your clones for GAS/Geo TB (shame on you for helping your guild out!) in this instance...
    I’m in the same boat, if it makes you feel any better - I can stick g12 zCody lead in and press auto for tier 1, don’t stand a chance in tier 2.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Rebels > clones for the event.

Having said that, i cant remember the heal over time effect ever working and it certainly hasn't since the event got revamped.
    Add it to the list of things CG haven't fixed because (insert rant about time mismanagement and/ or not having enough team members)
  • UdalCuain
    5009 posts Member
    Lysandrax wrote: »

Having said that, i cant remember the heal over time effect ever working and it certainly hasn't since the event got revamped

It should be fixed.
    6lxv1qd7ft4c.jpg
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/229612/content-update-05-20-2020#latest
  • Sanderzas
    581 posts Member
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »

Having said that, i cant remember the heal over time effect ever working and it certainly hasn't since the event got revamped

It should be fixed.
    6lxv1qd7ft4c.jpg
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/229612/content-update-05-20-2020#latest

It's indeed fixed, I've tried it today
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Well I'll be damnd, good for them
  • Keyth
    27 posts Member
    Interesting the heal didn’t work for me
  • Are you sure you didn't have heal block from deathtroopers?
  • t2giwy7bhypb.jpg
    oawozpz4j5z7.png

So, just so I am clear, CG "fixed" this "bug" and now the Assault battles a more difficult, but they are unable/unwilling to fix the IG88 quest bug that has persisted for almost a year?

There is a bug that helps players = FIX IT NOW!!!!
    There is a bug that hurts player = meh, maybe will we take a look at it one day. maybe.
  • I played the event today and it seemed exactly the same as normal.

78cji8icc67r.jpeg

Maybe the fix was the buff being dispelled, which the description says is impossible. Also, the in game description says “until the end of battle” which usually means the buff does carry over between waves, which it still seems to do.
  • Sanderzas
    581 posts Member
    The assist carries over the encounters, they just fixed that the heal, offense and retribution expires at the end of encounter and that the heal over time actually heals
  • Vi1teran_
    218 posts Member
    The fix, might explain why I can't complete tier 1 this time. 3 stars last time and can't get Vader before he wrecks me this time around.
  • LendersQuiz
    1166 posts Member
    Sanderzas wrote: »
    The assist carries over the encounters, they just fixed that the heal, offense and retribution expires at the end of encounter and that the heal over time actually heals

It doesn't carry over. As soon as the battle (round/wave call it what you will) goes to the next, it expires. Before the fix it did not used to do this. I could run counterwatch and have retribution from the beginning of the next wave.

End of Wave 1
    l2qe7vvtiv74.jpg

Beginning of Wave 2
    6ga2pb0cwap5.jpg

End of Wave 2
    6kl9grjjxzv1.jpg

Beginning of Wave 3
    cuqdjg7oewmo.jpg

• Sanderzas
    581 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    that's what I mean, the retribution expires, but the 50% assist chance remains, because it's until end of battle
  • Sanderzas
    581 posts Member
    And if you take a turn with the retibution and the heal over time on you, the heals works. Before the fix, you wouldn't heal
  • Sanderzas wrote: »

It doesn't carry over. As soon as the battle (round/wave call it what you will) goes to the next, it expires. Before the fix it did not used to do this. I could run counterwatch and have retribution from the beginning of the next wave.

End of Wave 1
    l2qe7vvtiv74.jpg

Beginning of Wave 2
    6ga2pb0cwap5.jpg

End of Wave 2
    6kl9grjjxzv1.jpg

Beginning of Wave 3
    cuqdjg7oewmo.jpg

The assists definitely carry over and always have done. The buffs don’t, and never did.
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member

End of Wave 1
    l2qe7vvtiv74.jpg

Beginning of Wave 2
    6ga2pb0cwap5.jpg

End of Wave 2
    6kl9grjjxzv1.jpg

Beginning of Wave 3
    cuqdjg7oewmo.jpg

The assists definitely carry over and always have done. The buffs don’t, and never did.

This is false. Before this run the retribution and HoT buffs would carryover. It was changed with the fix of the HoT.
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    As proof of my claim, I present you this video. Go to 2:18:00.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuCsgHOIIeY
  • StarSon wrote: »

End of Wave 1
    l2qe7vvtiv74.jpg

Beginning of Wave 2
    6ga2pb0cwap5.jpg

End of Wave 2
    6kl9grjjxzv1.jpg

Beginning of Wave 3
    cuqdjg7oewmo.jpg

This is false. Before this run the retribution and HoT buffs would carryover. It was changed with the fix of the HoT.
    Fair enough.

Didn’t stop me completing t1 and t2 with the usual lineup.
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

End of Wave 1
    l2qe7vvtiv74.jpg

Beginning of Wave 2
    6ga2pb0cwap5.jpg

End of Wave 2
    6kl9grjjxzv1.jpg

Beginning of Wave 3
    cuqdjg7oewmo.jpg

Fair enough.

I haven't been able to complete it today, though I always do (CT2). Not sure if it's the change to the ability or not, but it's pretty stupid that 3 r5s and two r7s struggle at all, much less still can't do it after 8 attempts.
  • EdSolo
    411 posts Member
    Really this isn't the hard event. CLS lead rebels can get through it. Mine are all G12 +5, 4, or 3 and it took me only one attempt today. I would say the hardest event is one vs. Sith. I can't even get through tier 1 of the harder level. Granted, my nightsisters could use some more work since zombie and ghost are still g12 +5, but I have Assaj G13 and Talzin and Daka G12 +4 and I can't get past Sidious.
  • CamaroAMF
    1282 posts Member

End of Wave 1
    l2qe7vvtiv74.jpg

Beginning of Wave 2
    6ga2pb0cwap5.jpg

End of Wave 2
    6kl9grjjxzv1.jpg

Beginning of Wave 3
    cuqdjg7oewmo.jpg

Fair enough.

I haven't been able to complete it today, though I always do (CT2). Not sure if it's the change to the ability or not, but it's pretty stupid that 3 r5s and two r7s struggle at all, much less still can't do it after 8 attempts.

What lineup? I breezed through it with R3 CLS, R4 Han and Chewie, R3 C3PO and R5 R2. Was nice finally being able to actually heal R2 with the event buff.
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    CamaroAMF wrote: »

End of Wave 1
    l2qe7vvtiv74.jpg

Beginning of Wave 2
    6ga2pb0cwap5.jpg

End of Wave 2
    6kl9grjjxzv1.jpg

Beginning of Wave 3
    cuqdjg7oewmo.jpg

Fair enough.

What lineup? I breezed through it with R3 CLS, R4 Han and Chewie, R3 C3PO and R5 R2. Was nice finally being able to actually heal R2 with the event buff.

zCody (r5) Echo (r7) ARC (r5) Rex (r5) 5s (r7).

Also tried Rebels a few times, but only Chewie and R2 are g13, both r3, others g12.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    EdSolo wrote: »
    Really this isn't the hard event. CLS lead rebels can get through it. Mine are all G12 +5, 4, or 3 and it took me only one attempt today.

Mine are similar, although I used Fives in the last spot since he's R5. Stacked max hp on Fives and C3. Got to wave 8, was slaughtered immediately.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CamaroAMF
    1282 posts Member
    Gotcha. Clones never worked out for me but I don’t have Cody at G13. I wasn’t able to beat CT2 until I took CLS to G13 to go with Chewie and Han that I’ve had at R4 for a while. Was still a multiple attempt RNG fest though. Just recently took R2 and C3PO to G13 and it’s made things a lot easier.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    CamaroAMF wrote: »

End of Wave 1
    l2qe7vvtiv74.jpg

Beginning of Wave 2
    6ga2pb0cwap5.jpg

End of Wave 2
    6kl9grjjxzv1.jpg

Beginning of Wave 3
    cuqdjg7oewmo.jpg

Fair enough.

zCody (r5) Echo (r7) ARC (r5) Rex (r5) 5s (r7).

Also tried Rebels a few times, but only Chewie and R2 are g13, both r3, others g12.
    If you’ve applied all zetas that should be good enough for t2
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    lhikumhq0hsb.png

I’ve never failed T2 with this lineup
  • CaesarAM
    250 posts Member
    Another team no one has mentioned here that can work is Rex led 501st with Threepio. Just have to get Rex to pop tenacity up before Vader does his DOT storm in stage 8 and it’s very doable. Spam the event buff throughout to get the protection up and keep health from being touched.