Requirements are outrageous

1235Next

Replies

• Bold of you to assume my parents are alive.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Vi1teran_
    218 posts Member
    Daishi wrote: »
    Vi1teran_ wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    I do, but it shouldn’t. It’s a game. G. A. M. E.

So is any professional sport, but I'm pretty sure they are competitive.

Just because you cannot find the fun in being competitive with others doesnt mean everyone feels that way.

Who's getting paid to play? This game isn't a professional sport. In sports you can compete at the level you want. Competitive, recreational or pick up. Typically you participate with people at the same level and looking. There's no option for that here. Of course, like every other thread where someone suggests a way they think the game you get the same 5 or 6 people telling them to stop complaining. That's why we don't get new content, that's why more and more people quit.

You do participate with people at the same level (G P) here.

To compare, 2 guys spend the same amount of time at the gym. One works arms and one works legs. They are at the same level of time spent to improve their physical fitness and the same overall level of fitness. However if they were to both enroll in a race, the one with the stronger legs would win because his investment more directly benefited the competition that was chosen.

So spend your time and resources working the areas of your roster that will benefit you the most to stay competitive, or stop top end roster growth entirely for long enough to compete with much weaker rosters

I understand that completely. To me the problem with the current system is, if someone wants to race(to keep with your example) they have no option of racing with people who train for the same event. If I'm a marathon runner and I have to sprint at least let me sprint with other marathon runners.

If they gave people the ability to some how choose their gac roster and expanded the divisions it would solve some issues. I might end up in division 3 instead of 2 but a higher % of my matches would be competitive
  • Daishi wrote: »

To compare, 2 guys spend the same amount of time at the gym. One works arms and one works legs. They are at the same level of time spent to improve their physical fitness and the same overall level of fitness. However if they were to both enroll in a race, the one with the stronger legs would win because his investment more directly benefited the competition that was chosen.

I want to see that pull up competition!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    24/50 of top 50 div 1 (where you would expect to find most amount of gls) doesn't have a gl. If one has far more developed rosters, mods and skill and is still losing -by default- how are these folks pulling almost perfect score at the end 12 matches?
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    24/50 of top 50 div 1 (where you would expect to find most amount of gls) doesn't have a gl. If one has far more developed rosters, mods and skill and is still losing -by default- how are these folks pulling almost perfect score at the end 12 matches?

Your argument is irrelevant as people only fight against others of similar top 80 GP. So for example, if they have super fluffy rosters and don't even have a single g13 toon, they will only fight people that have very similar rosters. If you check the leaderboards of any division, you'll find lots of people with seemingly bad rosters in the top 50. They're there because amongst people with such rosters, they were the most efficient. The leaderboards merely show who can be the most efficient versus their "own" kind of people. It has never been a "direct" competition between all the members of a division.
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Your argument is irrelevant as people only fight against others of similar top 80 GP. So for example, if they have super fluffy rosters and don't even have a single g13 toon, they will only fight people that have very similar rosters. If you check the leaderboards of any division, you'll find lots of people with seemingly bad rosters in the top 50. They're there because amongst people with such rosters, they were the most efficient. The leaderboards merely show who can be the most efficient versus their "own" kind of people. It has never been a "direct" competition between all the members of a division.

By calling their argument irrelevant you just also argued for mm to not care about who has a GL. If you have a similar top 80 to your opponent, you should be expected to have developed counters to players at your level. if you are not one of the best with that amount of top 80 GP, no special case in mm should help you avoid the hard teams.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Mine is a counter argument, not an argument in and off itself. Previously in the topic I already agreed fighting against a gl without a gl puts you at a significant disadvantage which is a surmountable one with a "more developed roster, mods and skill". I'm not going of hypotheticals though. I took div1 top 50 as my example which everyone can check for themselves and it doesn't exemplify the case you are drawing where someone doesn't have a single g13, thus doesn't get matched with a gl anyway.
  • Vi1teran_
    218 posts Member

Mine is a counter argument, not an argument in and off itself. Previously in the topic I already agreed fighting against a gl without a gl puts you at a significant disadvantage which is a surmountable one with a "more developed roster, mods and skill". I'm not going of hypotheticals though. I took div1 top 50 as my example which everyone can check for themselves and it doesn't exemplify the case you are drawing where someone doesn't have a single g13, thus doesn't get matched with a gl anyway.

The reason the top 50 is irrelevant is because it's such a large cross section you have no idea how many, if any, of those in it with or without GLs faced others with or without. It's possible, though admittedly unlikely, that the only people making the top 50 with GLs are only facing those without. There are also some people who play gac cooperatively which skews results. There should be more divisions. I think some of those divisions should be for GLs only where they get better rewards.
  • Mupper00
    124 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    As a “not quite ftp” This game has got incredible boring and I feel forced into getting a GL when I really didn’t want to .

I got GAS back in December I think🤷🏻‍♂️And have been hoarding ever since , two weeks ago I thought to myself sod it and started using up everything I’d been farming including 15k crystals I had amassed towards getting GL kylo.
    The result, palp and the 2 kylos at r7 and Foo at r5.
    Everyone else required is a mix of g9-g12.
    I also but the bullet and spent £28.

So 6 months of hoarding and £28 and I’m only half done lol, it’s a little ridiculous really, and what I find poor is that part from me doing that there’s been nothing new......I don’t count 3 3star characters and 2 3 star ships worthwhile content.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

The reason the top 50 is irrelevant is because it's such a large cross section you have no idea how many, if any, of those in it with or without GLs faced others with or without. It's possible, though admittedly unlikely, that the only people making the top 50 with GLs are only facing those without. There are also some people who play gac cooperatively which skews results. There should be more divisions. I think some of those divisions should be for GLs only where they get better rewards.

It's not possible most of those toppers aren't facing gls warranted by the amount of g13s if you bother to check the current state. This is of course not necessarily representing what's happening at large. I bet majority of times non gl owners are simply getting stuck on the gl, but it's also true that they are ignoring it has a counter in place (for 3v3 too).

I asked this question numerous times: what do you think happens when 2 rey owners go against eachother? It's a given they are setting reys on defense. I went through this scenario multiple times this gac, both me and my opponents managed to go through each other's reys majority of the times and it's instantly noticable even before logs they know how to counter it by how they act.

I fully agree with the need for more divisions. I disagree that gls need a league of their own. It's a fair advantage for the owners (AND a disadvantage of lesser degree because of the high relic junk at the same time). This advantage is surmountable just like all the previous meta advantages.
  • Vi1teran_
    218 posts Member

It's not possible most of those toppers aren't facing gls warranted by the amount of g13s if you bother to check the current state. This is of course not necessarily representing what's happening at large. I bet majority of times non gl owners are simply getting stuck on the gl, but it's also true that they are ignoring it has a counter in place (for 3v3 too).

I asked this question numerous times: what do you think happens when 2 rey owners go against eachother? It's a given they are setting reys on defense. I went through this scenario multiple times this gac, both me and my opponents managed to go through each other's reys majority of the times and it's instantly noticable even before logs they know how to counter it by how they act.

I fully agree with the need for more divisions. I disagree that gls need a league of their own. It's a fair advantage for the owners (AND a disadvantage of lesser degree because of the high relic junk at the same time). This advantage is surmountable just like all the previous meta advantages.

Extra divisions may solve or at least reduce the issue. I expect that most of the people with legitimate complaints maybe running into GLs that are also on deeper rosters.