GL Rey T4-6 - SLKR Buff

Replies

• flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    while i wont 100% deny that his kit has changed in the event... but are you sure? every time they change a characters kit its only to the players character and not an NPC from an event. you can see that from other units in events like chewie in rebel round up, or magnaguard on any node hes in
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Where was the kitchange announced? I cannot find it. What was changed?

+30 speed to darkside
    cant be critically hit while they have advantage
  • Options
    Oh found it. Dunno how i missed it. Ty anyway
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    zy3nv9rmc4pj.png

its early for them, we are trying to ask but no one is up yet.

This is the first change that has crossed from a playable change to an event toon. we will have to wait and see if it was intended.

GAS’s counter before meditating says hello.

you can go back and read about that. that wasn't a change to his kit, but a change to the order of operations in battle/attack, thats different than what happened here.

While this is true, it still has the same effect after all: it makes the event harder. When I did the GAS event back then, he went into cover immediately. People doing the GAS event right now as we speak, are having a harder time because he counters before going into cover. There's a big difference in receiving 30k damage before he goes into cover, as opposed to 0. Imo changes to kits/operations should never affect events because it could change how the whole event plays out drastically. Is there a way for you to let them know to pay attention to that in future events? Would be greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    flux_rono wrote: »
    while i wont 100% deny that his kit has changed in the event... but are you sure? every time they change a characters kit its only to the players character and not an NPC from an event. you can see that from other units in events like chewie in rebel round up, or magnaguard on any node hes in

This has been confirmed, it's updated in the event. I'm not sure if it's intentional, but I was under the same thought as you, that NPC kits don't change when a players character does. Didn't CG say something to this point at one time?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    zy3nv9rmc4pj.png

This is the first change that has crossed from a playable change to an event toon. we will have to wait and see if it was intended.

you can go back and read about that. that wasn't a change to his kit, but a change to the order of operations in battle/attack, thats different than what happened here.

While this is true, it still has the same effect after all: it makes the event harder. When I did the GAS event back then, he went into cover immediately. People doing the GAS event right now as we speak, are having a harder time because he counters before going into cover. There's a big difference in receiving 30k damage before he goes into cover, as opposed to 0. Imo changes to kits/operations should never affect events because it could change how the whole event plays out drastically. Is there a way for you to let them know to pay attention to that in future events? Would be greatly appreciated!

I understand, but that is not what I was talking to, and the counter point was incorrect as to what I was saying.

They didn't used to in the past, from some recent discussions, they went to a more universal system on new toons that has them being the same throughout the game. previously an event toon and a playable toon were different code in the game, now new toons are not. I think we will get a president set here as to how they will handle this in the future, but it might also get handled on a case by case basis.
  • Options
    So another 'F you' to those going for Rey then... with no compensation or accompanying buff to Rey. Seems exactly what CG meant by 'balanced.'
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Just tried it out.

Team: Rey, both RH, BB8 and JTR

First try: the add oneshot RH Finn cause he went first (Rey at about 480 Speed)
    Second try: Changed Rey from Health to Speed (569) she went first again and from there out it was as easy as ever. Spam LE and Eventspecial on JTR. Kill the adds off with whirlwind and then go to town on Kylo who cant heal himself due to JTRs healing immunity.

I didnt find it any harder than before (i already have the ulti)

speed on rey only needs to be 501 from what I have heard, then she will go first and it can play out "as normal", but it takes longer than it used to.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Where was the kitchange announced? I cannot find it. What was changed?

@SerWulfgar
    The last update:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/230336/content-update-06-03-2020#latest
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    zy3nv9rmc4pj.png

I understand, but that is not what I was talking to, and the counter point was incorrect as to what I was saying.

They didn't used to in the past, from some recent discussions, they went to a more universal system on new toons that has them being the same throughout the game. previously an event toon and a playable toon were different code in the game, now new toons are not. I think we will get a president set here as to how they will handle this in the future, but it might also get handled on a case by case basis.

Interesting. Is this a part of the framework changes they told us about? It sure sounds like something that makes creating new content a bit easier.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    zy3nv9rmc4pj.png

Interesting. Is this a part of the framework changes they told us about? It sure sounds like something that makes creating new content a bit easier.

no, its just more of a way of doing things. from my understanding its just a change in the practices they are using now vs how it was done in the past.

any time you can make something less isolated and "one off" you make things easier moving forward for many reasons, but it can lead to situations like this.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    bearrock wrote: »
    Major changes to one of the premier toons in the game deserves way more than small mention in a content update patch note.

Was this intended to fix the GAS two man counter? (Many more minor ways to address it). Was it intended to raise Kylo's value in pvp? (then how do you address the totally skewed raid value between kylo and Rey? They really think one additional full cm mission clear per phase in LS Geo offsets that? For many guilds it doesn't even result in an additional star). This is a major shift to the meta in the game (e.g. - kylo has much less non-GL viable counters then Rey now). What is the intent behind this change and what does this do to the originally stated intent that the two characters were supposed to be of equal value?

CG is terrible at communication and hamfisted changes like this doesn't give much confidence for players hoping that CG is still actively invested in improving the game as opposed to just milking the playerbase with a stream of character releases (which they are terrible at balancing, a problem that stems back to their insistance on overcurating the meta)

we were told they had a fix for the cheese strat v slkr, they fixed it, and told us about it. what's the problem?

At minimum they should have given people a warning before dropping it in the middle of a GAC attack phase.

agree. I didn't think it would change post lock but it does
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Lozsta
    195 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Ladas wrote: »
    Redid T6 this morning after the buff to SLKR with the same team I used to get Rey’s ultimate a few weeks ago, but I didn’t bother switching to the mod sets I made for the event.

No problems beating T6. It took a little longer and Holdo actually hit yellow health twice, but SLKR died early, cleaned up adds. I was never in danger of losing, and no, I didn’t use Rey’s ultimate in the test.

Team was R7 Rey, JTR, Holdo and the hero twins, all at the same level of gear required for unlock, nothing more.

You probably have more than 503 speed on your REY.
    zy3nv9rmc4pj.png

So it is now the 6th can we get this fixed please?
  • Options
    I just completed tier 6 again to see what the fuss was all about. My Rey only has a speed of 489. Still completed it easily, not a single toon was anywhere close to dying - the 50% shield never had to kick in.

Use the event ability, know how the kits work and it’s fine. Nothing needs to be fixed.
  • Lozsta
    195 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Except you can be 2 toons down before you move...
  • Options
    Thulsadoom wrote: »
    I just completed tier 6 again to see what the fuss was all about. My Rey only has a speed of 489. Still completed it easily, not a single toon was anywhere close to dying - the 50% shield never had to kick in.

Use the event ability, know how the kits work and it’s fine. Nothing needs to be fixed.

How much health do you have on Rey? Is she relic 7? Seems like you might be able to put sufficient bonus protection on your squad that it wouldn’t cause too much trouble. My problem is how expensive it is for trial and error when they basically changed the rules in the middle of the game.
  • K2soso
    3 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Well, I went in for my 8th ult mat today and not once have I lost a single toon in t6 up until this point. Admittedly, I hadn't kept up with the changes made and had about 120 tickets saved up since I haven't had time to play the past few days. Went in this am and got absolutely wrecked. Lost 70 tickets. SL Kylo eventually became invincible and by the time I realized something wasn't right it was too late to recover.
    Screenshot-20200607-070616-Heroes.jpg
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    I tried T6 yesterday to see what the fuss was about. Didn't move mods (which I did when actually playing the event) and didn't activate ult. No issue whatsoever.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Thulsadoom
    51 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    RezaTorin wrote: »

How much health do you have on Rey? Is she relic 7? Seems like you might be able to put sufficient bonus protection on your squad that it wouldn’t cause too much trouble. My problem is how expensive it is for trial and error when they basically changed the rules in the middle of the game.

Here you go - this should settle this once and for all. I have made a video, link below, of a successful tier 6 - I have removed every single mod from Rey. I lost BB8 owing to my carelessness and I didn’t use the ultimate once. Without mods Rey has a whopping 122k health, speed 398 and around 20k protection.

Now before you ask - I have not compensated by beefing up the rest of the team, it’s not needed. Nor am I in any way shape or form claiming to be an exceptional player - I’m not.

Like I said - understand the kits, use the event special ability. It is not broken, it is not impossibly difficult.

Nothing needs to be fixed.

https://youtu.be/h98f3HokvfY
  • Lozsta
    195 posts Member
    Options
    RezaTorin wrote: »

Here you go - this should settle this once and for all. I have made a video, link below, of a successful tier 6 - I have removed every single mod from Rey. I lost BB8 owing to my carelessness and I didn’t use the ultimate once. Without mods Rey has a whopping 122k health, speed 398 and around 20k protection.

Now before you ask - I have not compensated by beefing up the rest of the team, it’s not needed. Nor am I in any way shape or form claiming to be an exceptional player - I’m not.

Like I said - understand the kits, use the event special ability. It is not broken, it is not impossibly difficult.

Nothing needs to be fixed.

https://youtu.be/h98f3HokvfY

Had the adds hit your Hero toons and not an R7 BB8 depending on their relice level you might have lost one then.

The moving of the goalposts after the fact also reinforces their "work the tip" meantality. The paying brigade get the original unbuffed event (GL rey Ult and GAS) while the proles get the harder more refined experience, similer to am unlubed rear end examination.
  • Options
    Lozsta wrote: »
    Except you can be 2 toons down before you move...

Happen to me today, second try on this tier, the minions one shooted my Finn and poe, 70 tickets lost in one second
  • Thulsadoom
    51 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Do you have a zeta on Rey’s leadership? If not there is your issue right there - no shield to stop yourself getting one shot.

On the poster querying BB8 versus a RH - BB8 has less health and protection, so if anything BB8 being targeted first should have made the event harder.

You need a zeta on Rey’s leadership and lifeblood and the GL unique as a minimum. You will not stop at 3 on Rey so that’s not a valid excuse for not being able to complete it. Team wise, JTR, BB8 and both RH’s are ideal.

I also read a great deal on tier 6 of SLK being so hard etc. It wasn’t. I completed that with only 3 zetas and never lost once, and a whopping 2 zetas across my entire FO roster outside that. It was still easy.

For both events, I believe the reason so many people struggle is failing to use the event ability, being vastly under geared zeta wise on your respective GL and failing to understand how the kit works.

Neither tier 6 event needs fixing - both are absolutely fine.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    People also struggle because they don't have fast enough mods.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    You don’t need epic mods, my mods are average at best. I even did a run, as posted above, with no mods on Rey and still completed the event easily.
  • Options
    I completed T6 for the first time today and agree that it’s “fine” without further updates but it’s worth pointing out that it’s probably more difficult now than it should be. That’s all I’m saying.

My Rey is R7, and my characters have decent mods, no idea if the event was doable without an R7 Rey in the past.
  • niko4
    41 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I failed for the first time a couple days ago after 6 straight wins pre-SKLR buff. I wasn't aware the event would change until I saw posts about it. And I'm using the JTR, BB-8 and RHs team. Saw some people test it out post-SLKR buff and watched their strategy but I still failed again. It seems easy at first until Kylo is all that is left and he simply cannot be killed before he buffs up too much and starts aoe killing my toons. What am I doing wrong? I hear some people say not to use JTR mind trick but people do win with this. I do also have R7 Rey and speed is over 505. Any help is appreciated!

My strategy:
    JTR Taunt.
    Attack Kylo only.
    Use lifeblood on JTR until whirlwind available.
    Kill side.
    Repeat until other side dead.
    Keep taunt on JTR
    Attack Kylo. Use mind trick to ability block and JTR assist for heal immunity
    Should I be using basic only? It seems like most people win either way, except me :D
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    So another 'F you' to those going for Rey then... with no compensation or accompanying buff to Rey. Seems exactly what CG meant by 'balanced.'

This is the larger issue. Having two GL options - then buffing one after people have committed significant resources to the other is dishonest at worst, mildly unfair at best. Just CG being CG lately I guess.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    niko4 wrote: »
    I failed for the first time a couple days ago after 6 straight wins pre-SKLR buff. I wasn't aware the event would change until I saw posts about it. And I'm using the JTR, BB-8 and RHs team. Saw some people test it out post-SLKR buff and watched their strategy but I still failed again. It seems easy at first until Kylo is all that is left and he simply cannot be killed before he buffs up too much and starts aoe killing my toons. What am I doing wrong? I hear some people say not to use JTR mind trick but people do win with this. I do also have R7 Rey and speed is over 505. Any help is appreciated!

My strategy:
    JTR Taunt.
    Attack Kylo only.
    Use lifeblood on JTR until whirlwind available.
    Kill side.
    Repeat until other side dead.
    Keep taunt on JTR
    Should I be using basic only? It seems like most people win either way, except me :D

Can you post a video of an attempt? Are you calling BB8 whenever JTR’s assist is available? The basic on Rey when you are not using lifeblood should be prioritised over WW when you are focusing down Kylo.
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    niko4 wrote: »

This is your problem. This ability reduces TM, which increases Kylo's max health. Stop doing this, and you should be fine.
  • niko4
    41 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @Thulsadoom Can't do a video . . . But I'm calling BB8 to assist. So you're saying don't use WW on Kylo? You used it at 2:55 and 3:25 in your video posted above so I guess that comment confuses me.
    @StarSon Is there are certain situation when I should use it? Several videos use it including Thulsadoom, who used it at 2:52 in the video and didn't have any trouble. My next attempt will be to eliminate that but I'd rather discuss before I waste another 70 tickets :'(
    Is it possible that my mods are too strong on health and prot? I did notice that Thulsadooms no-mod Rey video had BB8 under 50% health before the first turn. This is actually seen as an advantage in my eyes because WW can be used immediately to kill the side instead of waiting for it after 2 lifeblood turns like I do.
    Is there some other obvious modding for the others that I'm missing? Speed is BB8 +114, Poe +100, Finn +129, JTR +85. I moved to more offense for Rey and CD/CC on JTR on the 2nd run since I didn't seem to do enough damage but that didn't work.