GL Rey T4-6 - SLKR Buff

13Next

Replies

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    niko4 wrote: »
    Attack Kylo. Use mind trick to ability block and JTR assist for heal immunity

This is your problem. This ability reduces TM, which increases Kylo's max health. Stop doing this, and you should be fine.

Also increases max protection.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Thulsadoom
    51 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    niko4 wrote: »
    @Thulsadoom Can't do a video . . . But I'm calling BB8 to assist. So you're saying don't use WW on Kylo? You used it at 2:55 and 3:25 in your video posted above so I guess that comment confuses me.
    @StarSon Is there are certain situation when I should use it? Several videos use it including Thulsadoom, who used it at 2:52 in the video and didn't have any trouble. My next attempt will be to eliminate that but I'd rather discuss before I waste another 70 tickets :'(
    Is it possible that my mods are too strong on health and prot? I did notice that Thulsadooms no-mod Rey video had BB8 under 50% health before the first turn. This is actually seen as an advantage in my eyes because WW can be used immediately to kill the side instead of waiting for it after 2 lifeblood turns like I do.
    Is there some other obvious modding for the others that I'm missing? Speed is BB8 +114, Poe +100, Finn +129, JTR +85. I moved to more offense for Rey and CD/CC on JTR on the 2nd run since I didn't seem to do enough damage but that didn't work.

My video also had me run and complete tier 6 with zero mods on Rey. The intention was to show that this change does not in any way make the event harder by playing semi decently and still completing it. It’s hard to call out why it’s troubling you so much and in doing so advise without a video.

You don’t need a magic speed threshold I changed zero mods save Rey. Just do the basics and keep the whole team inspired so you can counter. When kyl0 has advantage you can’t crit him but it does drop and that’s when you can go to town on him.
  • I agree, don’t use the Mind Trick - Kylo’s leader gives him stacking health with this and I don’t know why you would chance that. I have done it 3 times without losing anyone now - Rey lifeblood on RH Finn, giving crit immunity. Swap TM with RH Poe and use his special that dispels and stuns on one of the side troopers. BB-8 then can use the Taunt special on JTR, and you’re rolling. The lifeblood should be what is getting your whirlwind going - and her basic should be able to heal her back up. Use healing immunity from JTR on Kylo whenever it’s up. Typically I have gotten BB-8 to be able to pop ID right near the end when I need to mash Kylo down.

I’ve had him become Furious 2x attempts now and he doesn’t touch me. All it does is 50% increased offense. And you absolutely can WW Kylo, it just does reduced damage.

For reference this is my setup:
    Rey (R7) - 190k health / 520 speed / 9100 offense
    RH Finn (R5) - 60k health / 37k Prot / 302 speed / 5400 offense / 9300 special offense
    RH Poe (R5) - 75k health / 31k Prot / 292 speed / 100% potency / 8700 special offense
    BB-8 (R7) - 60k health / 65k Prot / 279 speed
    JTR (R7) - 76k health / 54k Prot / 251 speed

I put the buff on JTR every time it’s off CD - WW the side guys and wail on Kylo - so far so good.
  • niko4
    41 posts Member
    #7 and #8 ultimate ability mats obtained! It was definitely the JTR mind trick that was doing me in! Thank you everyone for helping. DO NOT DO THAT MOVE, LOL! Another weird thing was happening though . . . My WW wouldn't finish off the sides in one hit? Still got wins on both but it happened each time. I moved my Rey mods to more offense and less health before I started these but that shouldn't matter because it should be just 300k damage. I guess I'm still lost on her kit a bit...
  • The WW is not a literal one hit kill shot. Just a lot of damage - if it helps? As long as JTR has her taunt up - a single use of Finn’s AOE will be enough to soften each add so the WW does finish them in a single hit. If not they will be **** close, a WW on the other add should deal enough splash damage to finish the job.