Farming Zetas

I'm level 75 right now, and at 78 I can start farming zetas from the fleet challenge. I just learned that to do that, you need a 5 star Tarkin ship, which means a bunch of 5 star dark side ships to get Tarkin's up. I don't have any dark side ships farmed at all, I do have Ahsoka, Anakin, Fives starred to 3 or 4. I think I need to farm some dark side ships, but which ones? Geonosians? I have geo soldier decently geared. Which other ships?
Here's my account if it changes anything.
https://swgoh.gg/p/252191742/

Replies

• ir21tiny
    70 posts Member
    I did it with Geos and Slave 1
  • To get the executrix to five stars, you will need a need five dark side ships at a minimum of 4 stars. At 4 stars, you better have some good gear and high stars on the pilots. For the zeta challenge, you can use the executrix and any 6 five star ships(light or dark doesn't matter.

As for dark side ships, I always recommend tie silencer first. It's an easy farm to get pilot and ship. And it's a strong attacker with a stun on basic Imperial tie fighter is a relatively easy farm as well.
    Geo ships are good as well if you have all of them. I wouldn't stop at 5 stars though. I would keep building the executrix to 6 stars though. That way you can start accumulating ship omegas. Once you start needing them, you will run out fast.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    geos
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Snowbird13 wrote: »
    To get the executrix to five stars, you will need a need five dark side ships at a minimum of 4 stars. At 4 stars, you better have some good gear and high stars on the pilots. For the zeta challenge, you can use the executrix and any 6 five star ships(light or dark doesn't matter.

As for dark side ships, I always recommend tie silencer first. It's an easy farm to get pilot and ship. And it's a strong attacker with a stun on basic Imperial tie fighter is a relatively easy farm as well.
    Geo ships are good as well if you have all of them. I wouldn't stop at 5 stars though. I would keep building the executrix to 6 stars though. That way you can start accumulating ship omegas. Once you start needing them, you will run out fast.

This seems like a good plan.
    I would prefer not to add any other farms on Cantina/Hard nodes to get pilots for the ships, but that may be unavoidable. So, 3 geos as well as kylo unmasked?
    I also just remembered that kylo unmasked is a good character because, can't he solo some teams by himself?
    Thanks for tips everyone
  • Full Geo Trio with any two of the following can do the work: Slave 1, Vader, Silencer.
    BH Quartet with Vader or Silencer also works.
    Also, note that the zeta challenge itself doesn't require dark side ships. You can use light side stuff all you want. However, the five star executrix challenge, the completion of which is required, needs 5 dark side ships.
    For that executrix challenge you'll be facing rebels. So I strongly suggest farming that new TIE Bomber, as it's built to destroy rebel scum. Best rebel counter ever.
    Preferred gear level is 6 star, gear 8.

Kylo unmasked doesn't solo anyone as long as that team has an attacker or healing immunity or shock. He can force low offense teams like Phoenix to a timeout though given gear advantage though. Most of the time he'll die in 30 seconds if someone attempted to solo teams with him.
    To get the executrix to five stars, you will need a need five dark side ships at a minimum of 4 stars. At 4 stars, you better have some good gear and high stars on the pilots. For the zeta challenge, you can use the executrix and any 6 five star ships(light or dark doesn't matter.

This seems like a good plan.
    I would prefer not to add any other farms on Cantina/Hard nodes to get pilots for the ships, but that may be unavoidable. So, 3 geos as well as kylo unmasked?
    I also just remembered that kylo unmasked is a good character because, can't he solo some teams by himself?
    Thanks for tips everyone

I think you're thinking of GL kylo, not Kylo Ren unmasked. He's a good dark side tank. I ran him with my empire squad until I 7 starred Thrawn.

Also, I would try not to invest much more in Mace Windu and endurance. Squad arena currency, gear, and ship building materials are in low supply at your level( and will be for sometime). Even though your ships are GR, I think your better off in the long run with Ackbar for light side.
  • @Desertfox1024 @Snowbird13 Thanks for the advice. Should I continue working on my light side GR ships, like Ahsoka, Anakin, and Fives? I haven't invested hardly anything into Mace, I just always get his shards from ally points packs. I have been doing some hard battles for the GR Y Wing, should I put this on hold?
    DesertFox said that the geos with 2 of the others would be best. Aren't Vader and Boba's ships hard to get? I hardly see them in the Fleet store, plus I have enough Cantina shipments to get with Ahsoka and Fives.
    I'll look into the TIE bomber. I doubt I'll unlock it from galactic chase, since I don't really buy Cantina refreshes at all with crystals, I'll have to wait until I can farm it.
    Also, should I do any normal battles for the geonosians, or just buy them from the fleet store? I'll start adding in Kylo Unmasked while I farm B2 as well.
  • Slave 1 is on fleet hard node 2b. Tie advanced is 4b. They both occasionally show up in fleet arena store.
    It will take a while before you can unlock vaders ship. You will probably unlock the zeta challenge before you unlock it.

Geo soldier has a hard node in regular battles(light side 9 I think). Sun fac is fleet 2a. Geo spy is only in fleet store, and it may show up in gw store occasionally.

I still advocate imperial tie fighter. It shows up regularly in the fleet store, and it's a fast farm since you probably can farm it's hard node by now. Also, since it's imperial it has good synergy with executrix. And it does good damage.

As far as your 3 gr ships, they are good ships, and are in most all negotiator fleets. But I would put them on hold until you can get the zeta challenge done. It takes a while to accumulate 20. And you will soon need more than you farm.
  • Ouch, that fleet is not at all the best way to start out.

Don't mean to be negative but Endurance is hands down the worst capital ship.

And as your discovering the Zeta challenge requires Executrix.

This is why I preach DS ships first & start on Kylo-U long before hitting L60.

FYI. The Zeta challenge is a royal pain in the **** & I don't recall beating it before L85 myself.
    I ended up having much of my fleet at 7* before I could pull off a win.

So, now for the long recovery.

Stop investing in ANY LS ship at this time.

Red/Cantina Energy = Farm Kylo-U & his Ship from same node. 10 Energy.
    You might as well just plan on taking him straight to 7* now.

G-War/Green Coins = Ships... Geos & Imp TIE.

Purple/Fleet Coins = Sun Fac, All 3 Geo Ships, or Slave-1, TIE-Adv-X1. Nothing Else.

If you can afford a double/triple refresh for the next 5 days on Kylo-U you'll get a bunch of TIE Bomber Shards.
    So you'll have a head start in 6 weeks or so when they stick it in a Node somewhere.

Just keep farming the DS ships till you can pass that challenge & they will be better than your GR ships in arena in a short while.

I started early last year before Brood Alpha so I didn't have Geo's.
    I went TIE Silencer, TIE Advanced, TIE Fighter, FO-TIE Fighter & SLAVE-1.
    I still have these 5 & only added 3 more BH ships to my DS fleet & use them as back up in TW/GAC.

Knowing how good Geo's are now, & how long the Slave-1 & Vader farms are, I would swap out those 2 & FO-TIE for the 3 Geo Ships since they have nice Synergy & fast Fleet/Cantina farms.

For you, if you can get the TIE Bomber open then you don't even need TIE Fighter and can go Geo's + KylU + Bomber, which will make for an interesting fleet I think.

Good Luck.

• For you, if you can get the TIE Bomber open then you don't even need TIE Fighter and can go Geo's + KylU + Bomber, which will make for an interesting fleet I think.

Good Luck.

Agreed with your post except this. I don't think the tie bomber will work well with those. You lose all the extra protection and taunts since none of those ships are empire(extra protection) and it won't taunt as much with no one else applying target lock.
  • Desertfox1024
    207 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes @Snowbird13 's right you need Vader for the Bomber to work properly. If you start farming the first day you have access to fleet store you should be able to unlock Vader at around the same time you unlock the zeta challenge. So that's a brief idea how long it would take.
    Geos are a must unless you go BH or full Empire. Silencer highly recommended as well, he's great and very easy to farm. I'm not sure about TIE Fighter, I never geared him up and tested him out seriously, but if you're going full Empire or just Vader and TIE Bomber, count him in.
    Here's an ideal early game Empire Lineup, if you're farming Phoenix/Empire route you might want to go this one, with TIE Bomber it should be the perfect counter to the 5*Executrix challenge team (Rebels) you're going to face:
    Vader, TIE Fighter, TIE Bomber, Emperor's shuttle (good reinforcement)
    Early game subs: Silencer, Boba.
    Late game (full lineup): Add TIE Reaper and Gauntlet Starfighter.
  • @Snowbird13 @Desertfox1024 @Schwartzring Thanks for the help. I think ill go with geos, kylo unmasked, and regular TIE fighter. I think Vader and Boba's ships and characters will take too long, especially since I'm a little late to the ship party. Good idea?
    By the time I get to the fleet challenge, my Fives, Ahsoka, and Anakin will be high stars and gear, so after I get Tarkin's ship good, then I could get their ships up to help with that challenge.
  • Old_Ben12345
    399 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Also, should I pause my other Cantina battle for Kylo Unmasked and his ship? I'm currently working on the B2 Super Battle Droid. And, should I do cantina battles for the geos? or just buy them from fleet shipments.
    So many questions sorry but thanks for helping
  • I think when I passed it, I had tie silencer at 7 stars, tie fighter at 5 or 6, geo soldier and FO tie at 4 or 5, and I think slave 1 was my fifth. I started farming KRU around level 65.
  • I stopped all farms and worked on ships for a couple weeks
  • Skies439
    60 posts Member
    Ideally geos, vader, Kru, but thats a long farm. I got 2 accounts. My first one got KRU at g12.
    Quicker route geos, kru, tie fighter

But for my 2nd account i farm anakin, gba then arctrooper from cantina. So no KRU. B2 droid better farmed through guild store

@Old_Ben12345
  • @Snowbird13 @Skies439 I think I should do the quick route, not the most powerful one. I will pause the farms that get in the way of the ships. I have been saving/using my guild money for Logray and any hard to get gear I need.
    Getting Padme 5-6 stars with zetas, then getting her to 7 a week or two later is better thang getting her 7 starts but waiting a while to get the zetas.
    One thing I'm a little worried about is getting the geos. I don't have enough ship currency to get all of them and their ships up. Should I throw spy into my cantina farms along with KRU?
  • Skies439
    60 posts Member
    @Old_Ben12345 focusing on ship and pause on everything probs good idea. It's way easier to get top 20 in ships than squad arena. Once you get your ships right, everything will follow.

My 2nd account. For ships i use anakin, ahsoka and 3 geos with 4* ackbar, so far i can still stay in top 20. Im level 84 on that one. When your arena ships pretty high you can easily farm geos and then clones and GG too.
  • Skies439 wrote: »
    @Old_Ben12345 focusing on ship and pause on everything probs good idea. It's way easier to get top 20 in ships than squad arena. Once you get your ships right, everything will follow.

My 2nd account. For ships i use anakin, ahsoka and 3 geos with 4* ackbar, so far i can still stay in top 20. Im level 84 on that one. When your arena ships pretty high you can easily farm geos and then clones and GG too.

This sounds perfect! That is likely the fleet I will use when I get my geonosians. Being high in fleet arena will get me crystals which I can 'ride on' to help speed my progress on other things, whether I'm buying gear or energy refreshes. I should unlock all the ships within a week, then continue building them for a few more, and at that point, I will have unlocked the zeta challenge and have the means to complete it! Thanks for your help, good luck on your second account! Do you have a swgoh.gg account for it that I could see, I'm just curious.
  • @Old_Ben12345
    https://swgoh.gg/p/848692196/
    Thats for my first account tho

Ally code for 2nd account 339-246-954
  • Yes Anakin Ahsoka Geos should be way faster, considering only two Geos are on the same node (Cantina). It should be a even faster farm. Just put all your resources on ships for like a month and you should do fine. Actually I started a seppie account with this lineup March this year (Plo Koon instead of Anakin though, and Mace lead) and it's currently 1st of all non-hyperdrives in my shard and 30th in flet arena rank. Though if you still want to climb higher in fleet you might want to transition to a full GR fleet, but that's going to happen a lot later.
    Agreed with your post except this. I don't think the tie bomber will work well with those. You lose all the extra protection and taunts since none of those ships are empire(extra protection) and it won't taunt as much with no one else applying target lock.

You are absolutely right on the effectiveness.
    I didn't take into account how faction specific Bomber will be.
    I was just thinking of ease of access since he's playing catchup.
    Sun Fac should still give him some Taunt though so its still an AEing ship.
  • @Snowbird13 @Desertfox1024 @Schwartzring Thanks for the help. I think ill go with geos, kylo unmasked, and regular TIE fighter. I think Vader and Boba's ships and characters will take too long, especially since I'm a little late to the ship party. Good idea?

One thing to remember about Vader/Boba ships, and about General Grievous as well, is that they are all very low % spawn rate in the store and eventually you'll want all 3.

My suggestion is to save up a couple days currency for fleet. Get 2K+ built up.
    Then treat 1K as your "Zero".
    Buy the Sun Fac w/ Fleet Currency #1. He spawns in 2 locations in the store & it refreshes 3x a day.

Then #2 pick up all 3 Geo Ships both with Fleet Currency & with G-War Currency.

Never drop below 1000 though. Because that last 2 purchases is for when any of the Vader/Boba ship or Grievous himself spawn. Nab them.
    They are so rare that it won't slow you down TOO much. And you will be glad to have them partially farmed later when you actually want those 2 ships & that character since farming them FAST isn't something that is feasible at all.

Also, should I pause my other Cantina battle for Kylo Unmasked and his ship? I'm currently working on the B2 Super Battle Droid. And, should I do cantina battles for the geos? or just buy them from fleet shipments.
    So many questions sorry but thanks for helping

For now get Kylo & His Ship up, FAST.
    Like stop whatever you are doing & take Kylo & Silencer to 5-7*.
    That is your sole farm with Cantina for the next 5 weeks or so.

After at least 5* on both when the final 2* are longer farms, if you want to snatch up some quick stars on Geo Soldier & Geo Spy to get the characters up to at least 4* each then that is an option.
    The 100 Shards to go from 6* to 7* could also get you a couple stars on each of the Geos.
    But then back on Kylo as his Node really is the best since you get the Pilot & Ship in the same location.

So basically all your Red Energy & G-War Currency & Fleet Currency for the next 2 months is going to be going into DS Ships & DS Pilots.

But it will be worth it once those Zetas are on a regular farm schedule.

And when your all done, that DS fleet will do fine in arena too compared to the GR ships you have at 2-3* now & buy you the time you need to then get the GR ships up.
  • @Schwartzring thanks that sounds good